Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #721
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I am hoping to get a couple of nights at the end of our vacation at the Poly CL too.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #722
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh View Post
Here at the Poly now. Our room is very clean and the view is a straight shot of the castle. Had a great dinner at Cali Grill and watched Wishes. I love being at a resort on the monorail. Poly is great, but now I'm spoiled.
We checked in this afternoon ... also CL, TPV!
Our room was also very clean.

I know there's always concerns about the food in the lounge ... we arrived to grab something to eat about 5:20. It was pretty full (we grabbed the last table), but there was lots of food & it was fresh (the kitchen staff was hustling to replenish as needed). Not a lot of variety out for the desserts later tonight, cookies, one type of tart, brownies and some macaroons (which were deliscious!)

I will post some pictures in the next few days (can't be bothered to upload to photobucket tonight)

For anyone arriving in the next couple of days, there is a note in our room saying that they are going to be doing resurfacing in sections of the parking lot from tomorrow (the 22) until the 24th. I'm not sure how this will affect those with vehicles and the availability of parking. They started blocking off parts of the parking lot today.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #723
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Just got back from the Polynesian !

I have to say the weather was perfect we had only a sprinkle of rain for a few seconds the whole week.
We stayed in Nuie on the second floor. This is a great location with being close to everything. I only had two complaints. We could not get our refrigerator to work and the resort was more crowded than when we went last September but it was still fun and we still love it !
We ate at Kona and Ohana during our stay. We had dinner and breakfast at Ohana and just dinner at Kona. My the food, the food we were totally stuffed ! Ohana is our favorite and we really like the food and entertainment there. I wasnt that impressed with Kona, although my DGD loved her food there.
I have a lot of photos I'm adding on the Poly resort photo thread.

Last edited by maryj11; 10-21-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #724
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Where can I find the Poly refurb schedule? I keep searching All Ears and Tikiman's site, but can't seem to find recent info. Somebody said up-thread that the Hawaii refurb had been pushed out, and might be again. I'd really like to know where I can look for updates! I'm currently staying in Tahiti, but would upgrade to Hawaii in a heartbeat if it became available...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #725
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Yes, July will be our first CL stay at the Poly and I couldn't be more excited . It looks like you will be there about a month before us.....hope you will report back on your stay when you return .

If it were me, I would feel more comfortable scheduling the cabana from 3-7 since it is your arrival day and you never know if something might hold you up and possibly delay you getting there in time for the 10-2 time frame. I am looking into the cabanas for our stay, but since I can't decide if it would be worth it for us or not, I'm glad I still have some time to decide .
I will definitely post back after we stay at the Poly.

We have decided to schedule the cabana for 3-7 for our arrival day. We came up with the same scenario as you "what if we are delayed". We also decided to stop over in Santee, SC for the night and get an early start the next morning. This way I can do all the driving and not have to worry about DH driving my new car. I drive every where we go so giving up control is not going to be easy for me. Breaking up the road trip will allow me not to give up that control. Besides, our DS feels more comfortable with me driving anyway.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #726
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

We leave on Friday....cant wait!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #727
mickey1510
Earning My Ears

Just booked GV CL for April 7-13. Very excited. Will I need DDP with CL food?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #728
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Back from our CL stay at the Poly last week. As usual, it was awesome.

There were a few things that irked us, but we didn't let that ruin our vacation.

1) Two days in a row we were unable to find parking in the Poly lot ... both nights were MNSSHP nights so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

2) People in the CL lounge really need to start picking up after themselves. One night was really bad - one of the larger tables had cups, plates, leftover food scattered all over the table, and the group of people just got up and left without cleaning up their table. I did mention something to one of the people leaving that maybe they should clean up their mess - she just laughed and shrugged her shoulders and said yeah I thought they were going to clean it up - then left herself ... Unreal!!!

Weather was great and we are definitely looking forward to going back in May!!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #729
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
We checked in this afternoon ... also CL, TPV!
Our room was also very clean.

I know there's always concerns about the food in the lounge ... we arrived to grab something to eat about 5:20. It was pretty full (we grabbed the last table), but there was lots of food & it was fresh (the kitchen staff was hustling to replenish as needed). Not a lot of variety out for the desserts later tonight, cookies, one type of tart, brownies and some macaroons (which were deliscious!)
Glad you're happy with your room and glad to hear the lounge food is plentiful and fresh. I hope you have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
I have to say the weather was perfect we had only a sprinkle of rain for a few seconds the whole week.
We stayed in Nuie on the second floor. This is a great location with being close to everything. I only had two complaints. We could not get our refrigerator to work and the resort was more crowded than when we went last September but it was still fun and we still love it !
We ate at Kona and Ohana during our stay. We had dinner and breakfast at Ohana and just dinner at Kona. My the food, the food we were totally stuffed ! Ohana is our favorite and we really like the food and entertainment there. I wasnt that impressed with Kona, although my DGD loved her food there.
I have a lot of photos I'm adding on the Poly resort photo thread.
I'm glad the weather was good with very little rain. I'm sorry about the refrigerator in your room, but I hope you had a great trip, even with it being crowded .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
I will definitely post back after we stay at the Poly.

We have decided to schedule the cabana for 3-7 for our arrival day. We came up with the same scenario as you "what if we are delayed". We also decided to stop over in Santee, SC for the night and get an early start the next morning. This way I can do all the driving and not have to worry about DH driving my new car. I drive every where we go so giving up control is not going to be easy for me. Breaking up the road trip will allow me not to give up that control. Besides, our DS feels more comfortable with me driving anyway.
I will be waiting for your report next summer . I think you made a good choice with the later cabana time, that way you won't be stressed should you get delayed. Too funny about you being able to do all the driving now and DS being more comfortable with you driving . We always fly as it's about 16-18 hours for us and there is no way I'd make it driving that far .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcinc View Post
We leave on Friday....cant wait!!!
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1510 View Post
Just booked GV CL for April 7-13. Very excited. Will I need DDP with CL food?
Congrats on booking CL . I think whether or not to get the DDP with CL is a personal preference and depends on how you eat. The lounge food isn't really meant to be a meal replacement, but if someone is a light eater or is used to eating appetizers for dinner, it is possible to make a meal out of the lounge offerings and not need meals/DDP. Others (like us) would do fine with CL and the DDP as we have 2 older teen boys that love to eat and need actual meals and would not get full on the CL offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post

There were a few things that irked us, but we didn't let that ruin our vacation.

1) Two days in a row we were unable to find parking in the Poly lot ... both nights were MNSSHP nights so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

2) People in the CL lounge really need to start picking up after themselves. One night was really bad - one of the larger tables had cups, plates, leftover food scattered all over the table, and the group of people just got up and left without cleaning up their table. I did mention something to one of the people leaving that maybe they should clean up their mess - she just laughed and shrugged her shoulders and said yeah I thought they were going to clean it up - then left herself ... Unreal!!!

Glad you had a great stay . I'm sorry about some of the CL guests that left dirty dishes/food behind. I will never understand why people don't clean up after themselves and how they can just walk away from a dirty table .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #730
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We noticed this last month too. Great example to set for the kids
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #731
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:

Thanks so much for the great review. We noticed this at the YC CL this past June. The CM's actually told you to leave your stuff on the table. I cleaned our stuff up any way.

I also think that people feel that they are paying for CL that it entitles them to leave their mess behind. Really, get over yourself and clean up after your self.

Quote:
I will be waiting for your report next summer . I think you made a good choice with the later cabana time, that way you won't be stressed should you get delayed. Too funny about you being able to do all the driving now and DS being more comfortable with you driving . We always fly as it's about 16-18 hours for us and there is no way I'd make it driving that far .
We will be bringing our lap top so I can post while we are there.

Yes, the cabana for the afternoon is perfect for us. If we were driving the 17 hours, than I would have to share () the driving with my DH. But since we are stopping for the night and arriving the next day, I can do all the driving.

OK CL question. Do they have scones at the Poly and if so what kind? TIA
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #732
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, the cabana for the afternoon is perfect for us. If we were driving the 17 hours, than I would have to share () the driving with my DH. But since we are stopping for the night and arriving the next day, I can do all the driving.

That sounds great......it will be nice to read live reports .

Stopping for the night makes for a nice break from driving so long. You will be rested and refreshed for your arrival day .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #733
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the great review. We noticed this at the YC CL this past June. The CM's actually told you to leave your stuff on the table. I cleaned our stuff up any way.

I also think that people feel that they are paying for CL that it entitles them to leave their mess behind. Really, get over yourself and clean up after your self.

No scones in CL. Croissants, bagels and assorted danish. You can also ask for yogurt
Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #734
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
That sounds great......it will be nice to read live reports .

Stopping for the night makes for a nice break from driving so long. You will be rested and refreshed for your arrival day .
This is what I was thinking also. Nice and fresh for when we arrive at the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
No scones in CL. Croissants, bagels and assorted danish. You can also ask for yogurt
Oh thanks so much. I really like the scones at the GF CL and was hoping they had them at the Poly. Oh well, I guess I will have to force myself to eat the croissants. Glad to hear that I can ask for yogurt as well. Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #735
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I am also driving to Disney, but From Chicago. I would love to ask more about the drive??
or: come to my PTR and help?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: