Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #706
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh View Post
Leaving for the Poly in 12 hours. It's our first time plus we're staying club level theme park view. I know I won't sleep tonight.
Have a great time!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #707
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am so excited for our first stay here in March! Reading this thread convinces me I made the right decision to switch from AOA suite to Poly for 110 more!!

Two questions.

1. what building would you recommend if we want to be close to the monorail and the pool??? (have heard samoa and tokelau are good??) we have booked garden view.

2. What are the chances that I will get a late check out on departure day? do I have to request that now or when we get there? Our flight doesnt leave till late afternoon so hoping to enjoy the pool that day after breakfast at Chef Mickeys!

thanks
1. We loved Samoa. We loved that it was just steps from the GCH, volcano/quiet pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. If we weren't staying CL next summer, Samoa would be my request as we thought the location was perfect .

2. As the pp said, it depends on how full the resort is and whether or not they need your room. The one year we did late check out at WL, we asked about it the night before and it was granted by the front desk CM. Good luck .

Quote:
Originally Posted by brea View Post
We stayed on the quiet pool side of Tokelau this past February and thought it was wonderful!!! Here's a PIC of the view at night since you said you liked the night views.

You could see the castle down the side of the building albeit at quite a distance. In the morning the ducks were all around the pool area which DD absolutely loved.
Beautiful pic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
This is the view from Samoa (3rd floor, volcano pool side

Great view . We loved Samoa and although any of the longhouses would be great, I would find it hard to request another location .

Quote:
Leaving for the Poly in 12 hours. It's our first time plus we're staying club level theme park view. I know I won't sleep tonight.
Have a great trip and enjoy the Poly .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #708
Lynn-e-pooh
Believing in the Magic

Here at the Poly now. Our room is very clean and the view is a straight shot of the castle. Had a great dinner at Cali Grill and watched Wishes. I love being at a resort on the monorail. Poly is great, but now I'm spoiled.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #709
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here at the Poly now. Our room is very clean and the view is a straight shot of the castle. Had a great dinner at Cali Grill and watched Wishes. I love being at a resort on the monorail. Poly is great, but now I'm spoiled.
So glad you're loving it! We leave for WDW on Saturday and are checking into Hawaii on Monday in a GV room. We're looking forward to being spoiled!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #710
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh
We'll be there on Friday! Can't wait to check in. But I'm concerned about being spoiled, too! We usually stay at POR, and love it, but I'm thinking that 10 days at the Poly is gonna make it hard to go back.
2014 Princess Half Marathon
Old 10-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #711
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you're having a great time . It is great being on the monorail and the Poly DOES spoil you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179 View Post
So glad you're loving it! We leave for WDW on Saturday and are checking into Hawaii on Monday in a GV room. We're looking forward to being spoiled!
Have a great trip. We have stayed GV at the Poly and are trying CL next summer and can't wait .

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
We'll be there on Friday! Can't wait to check in. But I'm concerned about being spoiled, too! We usually stay at POR, and love it, but I'm thinking that 10 days at the Poly is gonna make it hard to go back.
You are going to love the Poly . We stayed at the BC & WL prior to our Poly stay and AKL & GF after the Poly and although we have had great stays at every resort we've tried, the Poly is still our favorite. The atmosphere is hard to beat and it's so magical having a distant view of the castle from just about anywhere on the Poly grounds .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #712
A MK Family
Mouseketeer

One week today we check in CL GV. Would have loved TPV but will have to enjoy that from the lounge! So excited I am already not sleeping...

Old 10-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #713
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Ok we are officially booked at the Poly CL GV for 2 nights (for our DS16) before heading to the GF GV for 5 nights (for me and DH) next June. Now I have to wait for Christmas morning to make our ADR's and I can schedule our cabana on Christmas morning also.

TO anyone going soon or who is there now, have a magical trip.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #714
Steamboat Philly
Earning My Ears

My number 1 reason to stay at the Polynesian........Self serve Dole Whips @ Cpt. Cooks. 11 inches tall is my record thus far!

Ohana's ain't bad either
Old 10-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #715
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
One week today we check in CL GV. Would have loved TPV but will have to enjoy that from the lounge! So excited I am already not sleeping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Ok we are officially booked at the Poly CL GV for 2 nights (for our DS16) before heading to the GF GV for 5 nights (for me and DH) next June. Now I have to wait for Christmas morning to make our ADR's and I can schedule our cabana on Christmas morning also.

TO anyone going soon or who is there now, have a magical trip.
Hi CoachBagFanatic

Congrats on booking the Poly . We love the Poly and are very excited to try CL next summer .

Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #716
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi CoachBagFanatic

Congrats on booking the Poly . We love the Poly and are very excited to try CL next summer .

Hi mickeynut1 Thank you. We are excited as well. So it sounds like this is your first CL stay at the Poly. Something for both of us to look forward to.

Now the "very touch decision" that we have to make is whether we want the cabana from 10-2 or 3-7 on our arrival day. We are driving down so I guess the time that we leave will determine the time that we arrive at the Poly. We are also determining if we should stop in SC and sleep the night and then get up early on Sunday morning to arrive or do we drive straight through. AHHH decisions, decisions. Good decisions to have right.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #717
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Hi mickeynut1 Thank you. We are excited as well. So it sounds like this is your first CL stay at the Poly. Something for both of us to look forward to.

Now the "very touch decision" that we have to make is whether we want the cabana from 10-2 or 3-7 on our arrival day. We are driving down so I guess the time that we leave will determine the time that we arrive at the Poly. We are also determining if we should stop in SC and sleep the night and then get up early on Sunday morning to arrive or do we drive straight through. AHHH decisions, decisions. Good decisions to have right.
Yes, July will be our first CL stay at the Poly and I couldn't be more excited . It looks like you will be there about a month before us.....hope you will report back on your stay when you return .

If it were me, I would feel more comfortable scheduling the cabana from 3-7 since it is your arrival day and you never know if something might hold you up and possibly delay you getting there in time for the 10-2 time frame. I am looking into the cabanas for our stay, but since I can't decide if it would be worth it for us or not, I'm glad I still have some time to decide .

Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #718
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh
Sounds magical! Yes, you will be spoiled by the Poly!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #719
thunderjones
Earning My Ears

Can anyone point me to a list that has the Poly rooms with double vanities? Headed to WDW with 3 adults. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #720
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderjones View Post
Can anyone point me to a list that has the Poly rooms with double vanities? Headed to WDW with 3 adults. Thanks!
Tahiti has double sinks, but they are all within the bathroom. There is no separate sink and bath area. Rapa Nui has some double sinks, but other rooms do not have a double sink and if I remember correctly the rooms without doubles are accessible for showers. Check Tikiman's site; Google it because it cannot be named here for more updated information.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: