Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #691
Sophiesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
The refrigerators are empty for you to stock. Just remember to prop the cabinet door open with a wash cloth or towel so it is properly ventilated. Doing this keeps items in the refrigerator colder. If you don't, you may have cooling problems.
Perfect! Thanks for the quick response and suggestion about the towel - would have never thought of that! Knew I would be able to find the answer here! Now to decide upon which longhouse to request, lol.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #692
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap
I am so excited for our first stay here in March! Reading this thread convinces me I made the right decision to switch from AOA suite to Poly for 110 more!!

Two questions.

1. what building would you recommend if we want to be close to the monorail and the pool??? (have heard samoa and tokelau are good??) we have booked garden view.

2. What are the chances that I will get a late check out on departure day? do I have to request that now or when we get there? Our flight doesnt leave till late afternoon so hoping to enjoy the pool that day after breakfast at Chef Mickeys!

thanks
1. I would recommend Fiji. It's right next to the GCH, that's where you can catch the monorail and where the gift shops and restaurants are. It's also close to the pool, the back of the volcano pool is across the water from Fiji marina side, and it's also close to the boat launch to MK. Never stayed at Samoa but it's on the opposite side of the pool so still great access to everything else.

2. That I'm not sure of. I know check out is at 11 am. Are you taking ME? If so, they pick you up 3-4 hrs prior to your scheduled flight.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #693
brea
Mouseketeer

Chances of getting a late checkout are based on occupancy, and current workload, need for room to become open. The request is approved or denied by the mousekeeping managers and not the resort staff.

Just call the front desk and ask. They're pretty reasonable
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #694
brea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Samoa!!!! But I'm wondering, has anyone stayed on the quiet pool side of Rarotonga? If so, what did you think?
We stayed on the quiet pool side of Tokelau this past February and thought it was wonderful!!! Here's a PIC of the view at night since you said you liked the night views.

You could see the castle down the side of the building albeit at quite a distance. In the morning the ducks were all around the pool area which DD absolutely loved.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #695
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brea View Post
We stayed on the quiet pool side of Tokelau this past February and thought it was wonderful!!! Here's a PIC of the view at night since you said you liked the night views.

You could see the castle down the side of the building albeit at quite a distance. In the morning the ducks were all around the pool area which DD absolutely loved.
this is Samoa???I'm SO torn on which longhouse to request! we Stayed in Fiji and did love it... thinking a better view would be nice.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #696
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtripli View Post
That is where we stayed the last two trips at the Poly. I love the proximity to the main house. Our second stay we requested a 3rd floor room to have a balcony and we just loved it! Im a creature of habit, but I would like to try Samoa facing in the same direction some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brea View Post
Thanks to both of you and great photo, Brea! OK, we already have our Samoa request in the system, but if we arrive and it's not available, I'll check 3rd floor, quiet side pool availability in Rarotonga and Tokelau. The good news is that we don't need our room right away - we can offer to wait until as late as 9:30pm, but sometimes the request is just not in the cards, so I'm happy to have backups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
this is Samoa???I'm SO torn on which longhouse to request! we Stayed in Fiji and did love it... thinking a better view would be nice.
This is the view from Samoa (3rd floor, volcano pool side

But on second thought, I really like Brea's photo, too!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #697
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your photos!!!!
thank you for posting! what about Tokelau?!?

i really do appreciate your help.. Im at a loss this time with planning!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #698
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No... this isn't Samoa? Its Tokelau which is on the other side. Samoa would be opposite of this.

BUT... we LOVE Samoa volcano pool side if we aren't staying CL.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #699
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

OMG!!!!!!

Tomorrow I am in the teens!!!!!!!!!!

Its coming so fast now!!! Happy dance!!!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #700
brea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
NO that's Tokelau. Here's a day photo from the same room.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #701
Lynn-e-pooh
Believing in the Magic

Leaving for the Poly in 12 hours. It's our first time plus we're staying club level theme park view. I know I won't sleep tonight.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #702
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh View Post
Leaving for the Poly in 12 hours. It's our first time plus we're staying club level theme park view. I know I won't sleep tonight.
Oooh that sounds so perfectly magical!!! I won't sleep the night before either! Have a Wonderful trip!!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #703
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh
How exciting!!!!! Have a safe, fun, enjoyable trip!!! You will love the resort!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #704
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh
Awww how exciting!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #705
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn-e-pooh View Post
I hope that you manged to get some sleep. I know it's not easy. I can never sleep on Disney Eve.

Have a safe and magical trip!!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: