Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #676
mom2nik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
us too!!!! 98 days!!!!!

I'm debating about requesting a building... I know that requests aren't guaranteed, but part of me just wants to see where the resort gods put us instead of me requesting where I want to stay I loved the room that DH and I stayed at a couple years ago so that's why I'm being all flip floppy.
We are leaving for our first POLY stay in 19 days I too am trying to decide if I want to request a building.

I want to have faith in the Tiki gods, but Im thinking I also want to be close to the food, shopping and volcano pool. I just cant decide.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #677
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
Yes, unless something has changed, they do
Thanks Rob!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nik View Post
We are leaving for our first POLY stay in 19 days I too am trying to decide if I want to request a building.

I want to have faith in the Tiki gods, but Im thinking I also want to be close to the food, shopping and volcano pool. I just cant decide.
I have always, and will always, request a longhouse. There are definitely longhouses that I prefer 'less' due to location and I'd kick myself if I didn't at least make an effort to ask for a specific longhouse.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #678
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Geez, I noticed my countdown is at 10 days so I checked in online

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #679
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As you can see from my signature, we've been staying at Poly for a long time! The tiki gods have always been good to us! And until recently, I didn't care about longhouse assignment. But now, with kids, knowing how nice it is to be close to GCH, and really enjoying the view after the kids are asleep, I'll always put in a request.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #680
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
As you can see from my signature, we've been staying at Poly for a long time! The tiki gods have always been good to us! And until recently, I didn't care about longhouse assignment. But now, with kids, knowing how nice it is to be close to GCH, and really enjoying the view after the kids are asleep, I'll always put in a request.
Whats you favorite??
Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #681
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Whats you favorite??
Samoa!!!! But I'm wondering, has anyone stayed on the quiet pool side of Rarotonga? If so, what did you think?
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #682
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenschmirz Evil View Post
That plan makes a lot of sense. We went to Hollywood Studios and did TSM 3 times the day we went to the Halloween party, but resting by the pool at the Poly seems like a better plan.
If we hadn't have done the pool relaxing on the party day, the kids never would have made it to dark!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #683
Sophiesmom
Earning My Ears

Refrigerators?

Hi all! Going to the Poly in one week!!! Have stayed here before, but it's been a while and have a question. I know dorm size refrigerators are in every room, but are they empty (to accommodate what you might bring) or are they mini-bar type refrigerators that are stocked with things for you to purchase? Thanks in advance for the information! Can't wait!!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #684
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiesmom View Post
Hi all! Going to the Poly in one week!!! Have stayed here before, but it's been a while and have a question. I know dorm size refrigerators are in every room, but are they empty (to accommodate what you might bring) or are they mini-bar type refrigerators that are stocked with things for you to purchase? Thanks in advance for the information! Can't wait!!
The refrigerators are empty for you to stock. Just remember to prop the cabinet door open with a wash cloth or towel so it is properly ventilated. Doing this keeps items in the refrigerator colder. If you don't, you may have cooling problems.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #685
dtripli
DIS Veteran

Heading There Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Samoa!!!! But I'm wondering, has anyone stayed on the quiet pool side of Rarotonga? If so, what did you think?
That is where we stayed the last two trips at the Poly. I love the proximity to the main house. Our second stay we requested a 3rd floor room to have a balcony and we just loved it! Im a creature of habit, but I would like to try Samoa facing in the same direction some time.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #686
dtripli
DIS Veteran

DVD Players In Rooms?

My husband and I are planning a date night during the week this trip. Luckily we are bringing one of our teenagers; so we'll have a babysitter for our 4 year old son as well! I'd like to set them up with snacks and movies in the room that night so they can have their own fun. Does the Poly have movies we can rent/use? And I don't remember if there are dvd players in the rooms? If not can we request one to borrow?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #687
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Well, whaddaya know, I'm exactly 100 days out today! No ticker, though, because it's a surprise trip for the kids (and DD9 is nosy). The big reveal will be Christmas morning, when Me-me, the gift-giver, will be there to see their reactions.

BTW, I requested Tahiti building--we like being close to the TTC. DS6 is a huge monorail fan, and I see us spending most of our time in MK and Epcot. But I must say, while there are favorite rooms, there's really no bad ones. We loved Rapa Nui the one time we stayed there, too (although we didn't care for the HA room).
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #688
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They are empty.....(I'm here right now in the Hawaii Bldg.)
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #689
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meuseman View Post
Just updated our reservation to include dining (passholder rate). In 12 days we will be at the Poly for the first time since our honeymoon!! And the kids have no idea...
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Double digit dance!!!!!☁😃

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
I am happy to say that I took the advice of my fellow DISers and kept checking for a discounted rate at the Poly for our dates. Finally, last night I was able to get garden view CL and saved $500!!! Of course I'm sure I'll do a little extra Christmas shopping now
Congrats on the savings and booking CL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628 View Post
25 more days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
us too!!!! 98 days!!!!!

I'm debating about requesting a building... I know that requests aren't guaranteed, but part of me just wants to see where the resort gods put us instead of me requesting where I want to stay I loved the room that DH and I stayed at a couple years ago so that's why I'm being all flip floppy.
If there's a specific area you'd like to be in, I'd put in a request; otherwise, I'd wait to see where you're assigned at check in. IMO, there's not a bad building/view at the Poly .

Quote:

We loved being close to the GCH, volcano pool, and the beach when we stayed in Samoa . Whether you decide to request a longhouse or not, have a great trip .

Quote:
They are empty .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtripli View Post
Im a creature of habit, but I would like to try Samoa facing in the same direction some time.
We loved Samoa and loved being so close to the GCH, pool, beach, and Captain Cooks .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #690
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am so excited for our first stay here in March! Reading this thread convinces me I made the right decision to switch from AOA suite to Poly for 110 more!!

Two questions.

1. what building would you recommend if we want to be close to the monorail and the pool??? (have heard samoa and tokelau are good??) we have booked garden view.

2. What are the chances that I will get a late check out on departure day? do I have to request that now or when we get there? Our flight doesnt leave till late afternoon so hoping to enjoy the pool that day after breakfast at Chef Mickeys!

thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: