Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #31
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Great job on the thread Rob. You ROCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
So, I've been reading and reading and trying to get through the old thread. But I know that is not going to happen by tomorrow which is our 10 day mark and we can do online check in.

We have a GV room booked, not CL. Is there any certain building we should request? We'd like to have a balcony and 2 sinks.

Thanks!!!
I would suggest just requesting a balcony unless you have a preference for location....like near pool, near TTC, near GCH, etc. Garden views at Poly are really nice. Each longhouse has its own attributes and will give you a different "view" experience. You could get beautiful gardens, lagoon/beach, marina, monorail, pool, and even some obstructed lagoon/castle views.....all at garden price! Regarding the 2 sinks.....they are very hard to come by as currently there are only a few rooms in Rapa Nui and some in Tahiti with double sinks. We are a family of 4 and actually prefer the one sink as it makes for lots of counter space to spread out all of our crap.

On a side note.....Tikiman hinted on the "Magic" boards that the refurbishment of the rooms will include a completely new bathroom design/configuration with double sinks so I guess we will all have to stay tuned for the first pics sometime later in the fall

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 09-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Whoa, looks like I'm late for the party! Once again thanks for the awesome thread Rob!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #33
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoon View Post
What a great job you do with this thread.

Think the poly will be our choice for our 18 day trip next July. I showed it to my 5 year old who thinks it looks like Lilo and stitchs house and bits out of his Indiana jones Lego wii game! So he is sold....

Only concern is the refurb rumours as this may be our one and only wdw trip ( however i said that about Disneyland Paris although it will be our 7th trip next month).

Thanks for helping me make a decision on hotels.

Wendy x
Make sure you book the "Ohana breakfast so your son can visit with Lilo & Stitch while he is staying at their house!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 09-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #34
nkkilala
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have the updated movie list for the Polynesian for September? The one posted on this tread does not match up to the dates in September for this year so I think it is an older version.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Well, it only took me a few weeks and two computer crashes and I finally got my TR started.

Thank some cruddy Labor Day weather! But it helps to get over my PPDS )Post Poly Depression Syndrome)

The link is in my signature and I am starting to work on arrival day now
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 09-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #36
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Well, it only took me a few weeks and two computer crashes and I finally got my TR started.

Thank some cruddy Labor Day weather! But it helps to get over my PPDS )Post Poly Depression Syndrome)

The link is in my signature and I am starting to work on arrival day now
Awesome- off to read it!

Question Poly lovers... we are going to spend 8 days in WDW next August. Pretty sure it will be August (ugh, the heat! But I think it might be the best timing option for us)

We know we are going to the Poly. My first thought was to stay there the entire time. Then I started getting real... I have 4 kids! One is a 2 year old- she's the one I worry about. The other kids are awesome hotel stayers- they really are GREAT. the Poly would be fine with them since there's the spare bed. But she's the wild card. Just not sure she will settle down with everyone in the room at night.

Legally, we can all be in 1 room at the Poly until she's 3. And the rooms are pretty good size (at least Tahiti had a little extra space) so I'm ok with that in theory. But I'm beginning to think that for *that* long I will end up regretting us all being in one room.

Getting 2 rooms at Poly is too cost prohibitive for us.

Thinking maybe a split stay- first 5 days at Poly and 3 days somewhere else (either a value with 2 rooms, like the new little mermaid rooms, or the mods would even be the same as one room at Poly I think) or the cabins (which we stayed at before and LOVED) Just thinking that after a few days of closeness, we may want to have more space.

BUT... then I don't really want to start at the Poly and down grade, KWIM? I suppose we could start at the other resort and move over to the Poly, but I am concerned about going from bigger spaces to smaller one.

What would you do? Anyone have an extended stay in one room with the family? I'm not worried about moving everyone- that's not a huge issue to me. It's just trying to decide if we might need to have more space on this long of a trip.

Since it's August, we will be in the room for naps, and will be at the resort more than we were when we went in May. Then we were there literally to shower and sleep at night, with a mid day nap some days. We only hit the pools once or twice I think. Most of our trip was in the parks.

August though--- we will be in the room more, and swimming more, and just hanging at the resort more. And if it rains (like it does in August!) then I suspect it might even be more time than we first thought!

Anyone have experience with split stays- or wish you had done one?

Ideally, 2 rooms at the Poly is what I'd do. But I don't think we can budget for that. And still eat.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #37
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Awesome- off to read it!

Question Poly lovers... we are going to spend 8 days in WDW next August. Pretty sure it will be August (ugh, the heat! But I think it might be the best timing option for us)

We know we are going to the Poly. My first thought was to stay there the entire time. Then I started getting real... I have 4 kids! One is a 2 year old- she's the one I worry about. The other kids are awesome hotel stayers- they really are GREAT. the Poly would be fine with them since there's the spare bed. But she's the wild card. Just not sure she will settle down with everyone in the room at night.

Legally, we can all be in 1 room at the Poly until she's 3. And the rooms are pretty good size (at least Tahiti had a little extra space) so I'm ok with that in theory. But I'm beginning to think that for *that* long I will end up regretting us all being in one room.

Getting 2 rooms at Poly is too cost prohibitive for us.

Thinking maybe a split stay- first 5 days at Poly and 3 days somewhere else (either a value with 2 rooms, like the new little mermaid rooms, or the mods would even be the same as one room at Poly I think) or the cabins (which we stayed at before and LOVED) Just thinking that after a few days of closeness, we may want to have more space.

BUT... then I don't really want to start at the Poly and down grade, KWIM? I suppose we could start at the other resort and move over to the Poly, but I am concerned about going from bigger spaces to smaller one.

What would you do? Anyone have an extended stay in one room with the family? I'm not worried about moving everyone- that's not a huge issue to me. It's just trying to decide if we might need to have more space on this long of a trip.

Since it's August, we will be in the room for naps, and will be at the resort more than we were when we went in May. Then we were there literally to shower and sleep at night, with a mid day nap some days. We only hit the pools once or twice I think. Most of our trip was in the parks.

August though--- we will be in the room more, and swimming more, and just hanging at the resort more. And if it rains (like it does in August!) then I suspect it might even be more time than we first thought!

Anyone have experience with split stays- or wish you had done one?

Ideally, 2 rooms at the Poly is what I'd do. But I don't think we can budget for that. And still eat.
With a 2 year old I'd pick one and stick with it. For us the hardest time when traveling with our toddler is the first night or two until we get into a routine. If you split stay with them you are going to have reacclamate to the new surroundings twice.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #38
TeamTilson
O'hana

You ROCK ROB!!

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #39
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Awesome information! We are staying at the Poly in June 2013 for the first time. Yeah!

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
Old 09-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #40
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Yes. I prefer Mauna Kea for this, so I always get to the marina about 20-30 minutes early to claim it.
I agree! Mauna Kea has a slightly better view of the pool than Mauna Lea!

1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWV, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Sports/Poly, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #41
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Ah, a new Poly thread for my paid in full/30 day dance!

The closer I get to vacation, the more I seem to dance!

As always, thanks to Rob for migrating us.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #42
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Glad to see everyone settling in for another 250(ish) page chat about the greatest place I've ever been.

The realization really just hit me (it's been a long summer) that I'm only 2 WEEKS away! 14 little tiny days from now, I'll be going insane and trying, unsuccessfully, to get some sleep before we leave at 4:30 AM. It has yet to happen. Even after my all-day wedding day and lack of sleep the night before that, I can. not. sleep. on Disneyeve.

In a little over 2 weeks, I'll be waking up on the Seven Seas Lagoon and listening to WDW come to life on an early morning photo excursion. The MK music starting up, the train whistle, boat horns, waves gently hitting the beach, then having breakfast at the Kona and starting off on a day of Disney magic.

Sorry, had to get that out!!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #43
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
Glad to see everyone settling in for another 250(ish) page chat about the greatest place I've ever been.

The realization really just hit me (it's been a long summer) that I'm only 2 WEEKS away! 14 little tiny days from now, I'll be going insane and trying, unsuccessfully, to get some sleep before we leave at 4:30 AM. It has yet to happen. Even after my all-day wedding day and lack of sleep the night before that, I can. not. sleep. on Disneyeve.

In a little over 2 weeks, I'll be waking up on the Seven Seas Lagoon and listening to WDW come to life on an early morning photo excursion. The MK music starting up, the train whistle, boat horns, waves gently hitting the beach, then having breakfast at the Kona and starting off on a day of Disney magic.

While I am VERY happy for your, this just made me so sad because it wil be 332 days until we experience this again.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #44
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post

Thank you Rob for all your hard work! And I know exactly what you mean by not being able to sleep the night before! I can never sleep the night before any vacation and this will be our first Disney trip, I can only imagine how bad the "can't-wait-to-get-thereitis" will be, I'm about 2 months out and I'm already have tossing and turning nights just from the excitement!

Have a great trip in just 2 weeks!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #45
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Just did online check-in!!! Only 10 more days!!!!!!

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: