Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #376
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath2me View Post
Hi, Just switched from Por to the Poly,, have a garden view room,, some help please,, What bldg. to request, don't want to be far from the main bldg. as I use a scooter, have problems walking, everything seems to be spread out, any suggestions?
We stayed in Samoa and loved the location. It's conveniently located to everything as it's very close to the GCH, the beach, volcano/quiet pool, and Captain Cooks . Have a great trip and enjoy the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
ROB: your pictures are breathtaking! And bring butterflies to my stomach when I think of my first time checking into POLY CL....only 1 WEEK to go until I depart!!!!
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
I have read those negative reviews as well. We have been Club Level guests in 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and also as I type this. We have never had a bad experience with the Hawaii longhouse, the staff, the offerings in the lounge, mousekeeping or anything else. Although to be fair, our room in 2010 was in need of a little work, but nothing that would be detrimental to a trip. The trip report in my signature has the details. They have cut back on the offerings in the lounge as well over the years, but I believe that this is "World-wide" and not limited to the Polynesian. There is still plenty of good food and beverage to be had.

I'm eating a yummy chocolate chip cookie as I type this . We watched Wishes! from the balcony again tonight, with beer from the lounge. It is just something completely special that we have been blessed to be able to experience so many times, and I highly recommend it.

You will love CL. Be prepared to get spoiled and become addicted. It's actually kind of scary, the hold this place has on us.

Perfect example: We're leaving on Saturday morning at 7 am. In the interest of saving money we thought we'd do a split stay, and not spend CL money for Friday night, so we booked a room-only at the POP Century, figuring that we'd just head over there at the end of the night, sleep and head to the airport. Today I decided, while sitting on the balcony and staring at the castle, that the plan as it existed would not stand. I went down to the CL lobby explained my situation to the wonderful CM, and was very lucky to be able to add another night in this room at the discounted price that I originally paid. After 4 nights here, the POP just wasn't going to do, even if only for a couple of hours. A-d-d-i-c-t-e-d.
Thanks for your input on Poly CL . After I booked our first Poly stay in 2007, I almost changed resorts after reading alot of negative reviews of the resort overall. In the end, I decided to keep our ressie and see what WE thought of it. I am so glad I didn't change because if I did, we would have missed out on one of the best trips we ever had. After debating back and forth about trying CL at the Poly, I'm really excited to try it and have no doubts about it whatsoever .

I'm glad you were able to change from POP to the Poly for your last night. I would have done the same thing as I know how hard it is to leave the Poly when a trip is over, so I don't think I'd be able to leave to go to another resort for just 1 night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
We haven't sprung for CL yet because I'm afraid that once we do, we will never settle for anything else.

Enjoy the rest of your stay...I'm extremely jealous, but looking forward to our check in that is only 16 days away!
You should give CL a try on as it's a great addition to a trip . I understand about getting hooked as that's what happened to us with the deluxe resorts. We don't stay CL every trip, but now we can't stay anything but deluxe. With that said, we are trying 2 CLs next summer . Have a great trip.....16 days will fly by and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 09-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #377
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
Artist Point is at Wilderness Lodge, and it's absolutely AMAZING!! More on that when I get home.

I use 80 at night, on a tripod (pocket sized). I use shutter priority mode, which pretty much locks the aperture at f2.0. Then I just adjust the shutter speed until enough light gets to that sensor. The low ISO keeps the noise out as much as possible. I bracket my shots often as well, taking the shot I think I want, then one at a higher and one at a lower setting to make sure Digital is a beautiful thing for someone like me who doesn't quite know what he's actually doing
if your bracketing you do KNOW what your doing! Great to know and will be following in your footsteps when i go! I will be killing you with questions!
Have a great time and enjoy every minute!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #378
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
if your bracketing you do KNOW what your doing! Great to know and will be following in your footsteps when i go! I will be killing you with questions!
Have a great time and enjoy every minute!
Wow!!! I'm jealous of all of you photography pros...my camera arsenal consists of an iPhone, and a Canon Sure Shot that's about 8 years old.

I wish I knew what I was doing!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #379
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Hello from the Poly!! I have pics to post when I get home! We had a great stay in Hawaii! Great week now we are off to the Disney Dream for a quick cruise fix!

There was a discussion a while back about the bread pudding at Ohana. I ate there twice this week and it's pineapple coconut bread pudding with a banana fosters caramel sauce. I asked 3 different times just to make sure since many of you swore it was banana bread pudding. I don't care what it is... It was yummy!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #380
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Wow!!! I'm jealous of all of you photography pros...my camera arsenal consists of an iPhone, and a Canon Sure Shot that's about 8 years old.

I wish I knew what I was doing!
The point and shoots take just as good as the DSLR!!! i had both last trip!!
The lingo is harder to understand then taking awesome pictures i swear!!!
My Iphone took a better picture of the castle during Christmas then my DSLR.. that's sad.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #381
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
The point and shoots take just as good as the DSLR!!! i had both last trip!!
The lingo is harder to understand then taking awesome pictures i swear!!!
My Iphone took a better picture of the castle during Christmas then my DSLR.. that's sad.
Yeah, I don't know what DSLR is.

I think I should take some lessons!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #382
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody
Hello from the Poly!! I have pics to post when I get home! We had a great stay in Hawaii! Great week now we are off to the Disney Dream for a quick cruise fix!

There was a discussion a while back about the bread pudding at Ohana. I ate there twice this week and it's pineapple coconut bread pudding with a banana fosters caramel sauce. I asked 3 different times just to make sure since many of you swore it was banana bread pudding. I don't care what it is... It was yummy!
It's referred to as bananas foster bread pudding, so that's why many people shorten the name. No, there are no actual bananas in the bread pudding itself.

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #383
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what DSLR is.

I think I should take some lessons!
Digital single-lens reflex camera! Fancy huh? Means BIG CAMERA WITH LOTS OF DIALS! Just kidding it really isn't that bad! lots of automatic settings!!
If you want PM me to help?

Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #384
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
It's referred to as bananas foster bread pudding, so that's why many people shorten the name. No, there are no actual bananas in the bread pudding itself.
Does it have egg???

Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #385
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

I would assume there's egg. And I have to tell you... Not one of the servers called it that. They called it pineapple coconut bread pudding with bananas foster caramel sauce.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #386
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody
I would assume there's egg. And I have to tell you... Not one of the servers called it that. They called it pineapple coconut bread pudding with bananas foster caramel sauce.
Yes, bread pudding has eggs in it.

I wasn't talking about servers - I was referring to fans of the dish including many Dis'ers. What difference does it make?

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
Old 09-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #387
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody View Post
I don't care what it is... It was yummy!
Agreed!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #388
mouseCT
Earning My Ears

OK I have been reading, dreaming and drooling over all the great pictures and information on this thread. The latest trip updates are awesome! Glad you are having a great time. We are all living thru you and your wife for a couple of days.

My family and I are going over the Christmas holiday to the Polynesian for the first time staying in one of the Ambassador suites. Not sure to request the first or second floor- large patio on first or balcony on second.

I have also been suffering extreme withdrawals- two years since last trip (also at Christmas so I know what its like- absolutely wonderful). But have just discovered a site link found on the great Tikimans website that will help transform all of your withdrawal symptoms. It is reedycreekradio- just hit the “listen now” button and you are magically transformed - the link is: reedycreekradio “dot” com ( could not post the exact link- website will not allow me- I only have five post- you need at least ten for that)

Have a great rest of your trip and fight the tears at the end of main street USA for the last time. It is not very manly- been there done that.

That last picture of whatever they want to call that fabulous desert is totally unfair- You can almost taste it but then, we can’t.

Will be waiting for any updates.

Rob
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #389
mouseCT
Earning My Ears

One more thing- sorry for the crane being in all of your castle picks- it needs to put up all of those beautiful Christmas lights for our vacation!

Rob
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #390
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Haven't been to Ohana yet, but after seeing that dessert.................I think It's on my must do list now!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: