Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #3616
Jules54
Earning My Ears

Power Outlets

Does anyone know about the outlet situation in the Poly? We will have 3 adults and one child. We have phones, laptops, iPads, cameras etc.

Also, we are going the last week of July, will we be able to survive the heat

It will be my 6YO grandsons first trip, we are all so excited.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #3617
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules54 View Post
Does anyone know about the outlet situation in the Poly? We will have 3 adults and one child. We have phones, laptops, iPads, cameras etc.

I was in the Hawaii bldg after remodel this past April and May.

Biggest problem is only one outlet in the bath area.

The Ihome radio has a charger on top but if have a iPhone 5 won't fit without adapter.

I always bring an extension cord with me. During the day plenty of outlets but at night I want to lay in bed with my iPhone/iPad and can reach easier with a cord

I think on some trips I have sat on a balcony with the use of my cord too. (No outlets outside). I put the extension cord in my purse/bag on plane. There has been times we were delayed at the airport and to reach an outlet was much easier with a cord. My kids give me the eye roll for all of my planning but are 1st to use whatever I bring

Last edited by trishadono; 06-20-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Er
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #3618
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Morning! My DH and I are staying at YC in October for 6 nights. I've waited on booking flights, and of course flying out the day before is cheaper (by about $200). YC is booked the day before, so I've been thinking about Poly. Never stayed there or any MK Resort (we are EPCOT lovers). My question is, would one short day be enough to really understand the beauty of Poly, or would we feel rushed? I figure half the day exploring Poly (red headed DH won't be laying by a pool), and half the day at a park or DTD. Move into YC by 10a....
...I know Poly will cost me more than the flight difference, but I can't justify spending more money on a flight like I can spending it in Disney!!
Thanks so much!!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #3619
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
Yes, we also got wristbands when we were there in July 2011
Thanks......it looks like they're trying to put a policy in place .

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
I would invite a fence as long as it doesn't distract from the view.
I feel the same way. I love how everything is open with the beach directly behind the pool, but I think I'd be ok with a fence as long as it doesn't take away from that awesome view .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #3620
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308

Yes, we also got wristbands when we were there in July 2011
I think they should have the wristbands all year. Maybe when guests check in the CM can hand out the wristbands. Maybe they could give you one for each day of your stay. Or, people could just go to the guest services before using the pool to get a wristband for that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610
Morning! My DH and I are staying at YC in October for 6 nights. I've waited on booking flights, and of course flying out the day before is cheaper (by about $200). YC is booked the day before, so I've been thinking about Poly. Never stayed there or any MK Resort (we are EPCOT lovers). My question is, would one short day be enough to really understand the beauty of Poly, or would we feel rushed? I figure half the day exploring Poly (red headed DH won't be laying by a pool), and half the day at a park or DTD. Move into YC by 10a....
...I know Poly will cost me more than the flight difference, but I can't justify spending more money on a flight like I can spending it in Disney!!
Thanks so much!!
Good Morning! My DH and I love the Poly but I actually tossed around the idea of staying at the BC this year to be closer to EPCOT since that is also where we spend the majority of our time. One thing we do like about the Poly is the easy access to MK, especially if you stay until after the fireworks, and then it's a quick walk to the TTC and a short monorail ride to EPCOT. If you have never been to the Poly, I'm not sure half a day would be enough time. What time would your flight get in that day? You could grab breakfast or lunch at Kona, I highly recommend this place!! If you like the famous Dole Whip it's available in Captain Cooks. I would just skip the the parks that day. Spend time enjoying and relaxing at the resort. You could spend a few hours in the evening at DTD and eat dinner there. Oh, one thing I would highly recommend is if you have never watched the fireworks at MK from the Poly beach, do so!!! And a warning, you might be hooked to the Poly after this trip, lol.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #3621
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

I agree with the pool hopping nonsense! We were there in mid-May and every afternoon we had trouble finding just one pool chair at the volcano pool. It was swamped with people. We paid over $3000 for just our room, I'd think we should be able to use the stupid pool. I still can't believe how hard it was to find a chair. It frustrated my DH and kids because the quiet pool wasn't where they wanted to swim. I did an online survey after our trip and made sure to mention this issue.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #3622
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
I agree with the pool hopping nonsense! We were there in mid-May and every afternoon we had trouble finding just one pool chair at the volcano pool. It was swamped with people. We paid over $3000 for just our room, I'd think we should be able to use the stupid pool. I still can't believe how hard it was to find a chair. It frustrated my DH and kids because the quiet pool wasn't where they wanted to swim. I did an online survey after our trip and made sure to mention this issue.
Pool hopping is ridiculous at the Poly. You see people blatantly getting off the boat/monorail wearing their bathing suits all the time. Think they are mostly other monorail resort guests that think it's ok to pool hop because they are at another deluxe resort. I guess it is ok really, since management does very little to stop it. Even in 2011, when they were seemingly trying to get serious about curbing the pool hopping by issuing wrist bands, I had a conversation with the life guard cm who was issuing the bands. I told her how much we appreciated them issuing wrist bands and she told us that they weren't extremely serious about doing it i.e. it was only done sporadically and if any of the life guards called off that day they would not do it. I also watched them stop a large group that walked out of the GCH heading for the pool in beach wear and asked them for resort id's for the wrist bands. When they were told by the guests that they were not staying at the Poly the cm only instructed them that they could not use any of the seating near the pool. So they just sat at the tables up by Capt Cooke's but were free to, and did, use the volcano pool! I really don't understand management's lack of effort to stop the pool hopping at all.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #3623
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

New Thread!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48736979

Since we're close to the page limit on this thread, I have started the new one at the above link! Please continue conversing over there

As always, please PM me with any changes that you feel should be made.

Enjoy!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #3624
tjay
Earning My Ears

Delivery Charge?

I was wondering if there is a delivery charge for water at the poly? We did have one at the beach club because it was a convention resort.THANKS
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #3625
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post

9 more days until my trip to the Poly.

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #3626
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if CL has corona or vodka in the lounge? Thx!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #3627
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Can anyone tell me if CL has corona or vodka in the lounge? Thx!
Not when we were there last month. The only interesting beer was a Kona one (the others were Bud Light and such), and the wine selection was pretty poor as well. We were quite disappointed in the club offerings.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #3628
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2princessgirls View Post
Not when we were there last month. The only interesting beer was a Kona one (the others were Bud Light and such), and the wine selection was pretty poor as well. We were quite disappointed in the club offerings.
There are also liqueurs and an alcoholic punch (that tastes similar to sangria), but no Corona or hard liquor as the pp says.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #3629
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules54 View Post

You can always bring a power bar or two ...

Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #3630
Disneyfun67
Earning My Ears

20 days

Well we have 20 days before we leave for polly it will be our first time there. We are very excited about this trip I hope we like it as much as beach and yacht.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: