Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #3241
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjingles View Post
Lagoon view or TPV I can't make up my mind
TPV for sure!!!! We had a top floor TPV in Tahiti longhouse, and to us it was worth every extra penny.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #3242
mcjingles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyD1983 View Post

TPV for sure!!!! We had a top floor TPV in Tahiti longhouse, and to us it was worth every extra penny.
Awesome. Our first trip. DD4. TPV is what I have booked bit was reconsidering! (Requested third floor Tahiti)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #3243
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Just got back late Sunday night from another amazing week at WDW!! We stayed most of the week at POR but transferred to the Poly for the last night/2 days to relax before heading home late Sunday. This was a big splurge as a birthday gift to me and I have to say I'll have a hard time staying anywhere else now! We checked in around 11 am and were greeted with a woman with an Ipad at the door and she just walked us right over to our room! We had booked a standard garden view and were given pixie dust and upgraded to a Concierge Club Level room in Hawaii!!! We were on the ground floor facing the quiet pool, very close to everything! LOVE the renovations they've done to the room! The bathroom alone was half the size of my apartment!! I wish we'd had more time to spend here since we only used the Concierge Lounge for the continental breakfast! We'd hoped to try the evening appetizers but we had a dinner reservation for the exact time they put them out. Boo! I've already pitched to my mother making another trip for just maybe 4 days, to stay at the Poly Concierge again but maybe as a compromise we'd only get a 1 day park pass so we were really using this resort! The only issues we had was that our key cards wouldn't get us into our building so we had to have them re-cut and they also didn't give us the ME letter with the bar code and the info telling us what time to meet the ME bus.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pixie dust for us too!
Our 4 day weekend anniversary trip got shortened due to FIL illness. We stayed 5/23-24 at CR GW. we had such a good time on 5/26 I asked dh to go back to disney for one more night before heading home. (FIL and MIL really enjoyed our visit and dad is doing well now)
When I checked in at Poly around 4:30pm I teased the cm that I had requested a king bed room to call center. Since our first trip to Disney without kids and call center didn't even know that there are kings at Poly and I am a Tikiman pages fan so I know some buildings that have kings are complete.... Any available???
Well after a phone call a few mins later she says no king available but how about upgrade to GV CL? I have stayed there before and knew what it was so Yes I would! Then she stays on phone a little longer and says " how about a TPV CL room?" I didn't respond right away but she says on phone" she is blinking rapidly so I think that is a yes!"
Yep, I was temporarily speechless!
We had a 1st floor patio and enjoyed water pageant and Wishes from there.
The remodel is beautiful. I stayed there for dd18 bday in April but I am glad dh got to try it too. The lounge is just lovely
Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #3244
momw/2princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
We check in on Sunday and requested Tokelau or Samoa. We stayed in Samoa in 04 and weren't disturbed by pool noise on the 3rd floor
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I was just at Poly with dh for anniversary Sunday. I walked him to Tokelau to show him the staircase/balcony at the end of the building towards water. Dd then 15 and I had a mom n me trip there . We loved standing on balcony and enjoyed the view and no one was ever there. Also I enjoyed the new offerings at Captain Cooks. Kids chicken and pineapple skewers were yummy!
Enjoy your trip!!!

Thanks so much! RCRAW, maybe we'll see you there! Now if I can just get everything packed.....

This is also our first trip since DD10 has gone gluten free. Excited to have a place where she'll be able to eat well.

13 11
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #3245
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome. Our first trip. DD4. TPV is what I have booked bit was reconsidering! (Requested third floor Tahiti)
Last year was our first trip, and our son was almost 4 at the time. We really loved the location of Tahiti.. It was so peaceful and quiet, and the closeness to TTC can't be beat. It was a good walk to other areas of the resort, but we mainly wanted to be close to TTC. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on our balcony with the castle in the distance. We loved being able to see it first thing in the morning. You guys will love it! Have an amazing first trip!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #3246
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just so you can get an idea of the view... Here are a few pics taken from our balcony in Tahiti... Apologies for the poor image quality. These were taken on my iPhone. If you want to see better pics I can send you some off my actual camera.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #3247
BeaJeets
Earning My Ears

We are going in 9 days and I just tried to update my online check-in requests. I had Rarotonga and Tokelau requested and I wanted to change to Tokelau and balcony. Raro and Toke were greyed out, so I clicked balcony, I thought it'd unselect one, but it didn't, so now I have 3 amenities selected when it clearly says I can only select 2!

I better call and get them to take Roratonga off! Ohhhhhhhh the last minute meddling! I'm too excited to just let it happen!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #3248
Our3ps
Mouseketeer

Online check in question

Hi everyone,

Wondering what the difference between patio and ground floor for options listed for online checkin. I would like Samoa ground floor facing the volcano pool (I know lots of others do too).

Thanks!

June '99- All Star Music (Honeymoon)
August '07- Pop Century
August '11 - AKL & CBR
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - Poly

Old 05-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #3249
Mom2gymnasts
Let's Go....Mountaineers!!!!

Quote:
Anyone have pics of Tahiti lagoon view?
These are from room 2037, taken this past weekend (Memorial wknd). If it wasn't for the 2 palm trees it would be a theme park view. This was the next to last room on the end closest to the TTC. We watched Wishes from the beach, but you could probably see them from the room too.

Looking left

Looking right

Looking straight ahead (these palm trees make it lagoon view and not theme park view)

Looking straight & slightly to the right

Last edited by Mom2gymnasts; 05-29-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Clarification on palm trees and view!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #3250
Mom2gymnasts
Let's Go....Mountaineers!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywitt View Post
Hello all!

Also, does anyone know if the Tokelau renovation has been completed? The unofficial website stated it should finish by April, but they often run long?

Thanks!
Hi! We were just there this past weekend and it looked like they were finished with the renovations, but didn't look like all the rooms were ready. A lot of the 1st floor rooms had the blinds open and you could see the bedding wasn't on the beds yet. They were currently working on Fiji as far as construction.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #3251
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2gymnasts View Post

Looking straight & slightly to the right
I got being aged on that hammock....
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #3252
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Eek so excited planning our first trip to the Poly for January. Have dates, getting room only until packages are released . So happy my parents are joining us for this trip. Any suggestions? My mother has vision problems and we have 2 kids under 3.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #3253
mcjingles
Mouseketeer

Ferry to/from MK? Why yes or no?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #3254
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG YES!!! This is one of the best features of this location. The boats are frequent and drop you of right at the entrance to the MK.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #3255
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

First, beautiful photos, mom2gymnasts - thank you!!

Quote:
Such a tough call! Our boys (currently ages 6, 12 and 13) love the monorail, but my husband and I think the boat is so relaxing! So we've decided that, as a compromise, we'll usually take the monorail from Poly to MK in the morning - it's quite fast, if there are no malfunctions. And then on the way "home" from MK to Poly, we take the boat.

One word of warning - boat back home from MK to Poly may not be the best option at park closing. This year, during value season in January, my husband voted for the boat back to Poly at park closing and it took - not kidding - 1.5 hours from MK to our room at Poly!!! Yes, the monorail line was long, but not 1.5 hours long! The better strategy there would have been to walk to CR and hop on the monorail to Poly from there. But my husband was set on that promised boat ride home, and we went with his decision.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: