Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #3226
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

All these reports are so exciting! Can't wait to see photos
Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #3227
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Agreed!!!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #3228
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ditto!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #3229
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Single digit dance for us too! We requested Tokelau and are hoping it opens soon.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #3230
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Just got back late Sunday night from another amazing week at WDW!! We stayed most of the week at POR but transferred to the Poly for the last night/2 days to relax before heading home late Sunday. This was a big splurge as a birthday gift to me and I have to say I'll have a hard time staying anywhere else now! We checked in around 11 am and were greeted with a woman with an Ipad at the door and she just walked us right over to our room! We had booked a standard garden view and were given pixie dust and upgraded to a Concierge Club Level room in Hawaii!!! We were on the ground floor facing the quiet pool, very close to everything! LOVE the renovations they've done to the room! The bathroom alone was half the size of my apartment!! I wish we'd had more time to spend here since we only used the Concierge Lounge for the continental breakfast! We'd hoped to try the evening appetizers but we had a dinner reservation for the exact time they put them out. Boo! I've already pitched to my mother making another trip for just maybe 4 days, to stay at the Poly Concierge again but maybe as a compromise we'd only get a 1 day park pass so we were really using this resort! The only issues we had was that our key cards wouldn't get us into our building so we had to have them re-cut and they also didn't give us the ME letter with the bar code and the info telling us what time to meet the ME bus.

Let me know if you have any questions!

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #3231
kaylee1006
Earning My Ears

Club level sounds amazing! Does anyone know what the evening menu is in the lounge?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #3232
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Just got back late Sunday night from another amazing week at WDW!! We stayed most of the week at POR but transferred to the Poly for the last night/2 days to relax before heading home late Sunday. This was a big splurge as a birthday gift to me and I have to say I'll have a hard time staying anywhere else now! We checked in around 11 am and were greeted with a woman with an Ipad at the door and she just walked us right over to our room! We had booked a standard garden view and were given pixie dust and upgraded to a Concierge Club Level room in Hawaii!!! We were on the ground floor facing the quiet pool, very close to everything! LOVE the renovations they've done to the room! The bathroom alone was half the size of my apartment!! I wish we'd had more time to spend here since we only used the Concierge Lounge for the continental breakfast! We'd hoped to try the evening appetizers but we had a dinner reservation for the exact time they put them out. Boo! I've already pitched to my mother making another trip for just maybe 4 days, to stay at the Poly Concierge again but maybe as a compromise we'd only get a 1 day park pass so we were really using this resort! The only issues we had was that our key cards wouldn't get us into our building so we had to have them re-cut and they also didn't give us the ME letter with the bar code and the info telling us what time to meet the ME bus.

Amazing upgrade! Love hearing about pixie dust

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #3233
Our3ps
Mouseketeer

What an AWESOME birthday present! So glad you received a little extra pixie dust! Club level sounds so wonderful.

Quote:

June '99- All Star Music (Honeymoon)
August '07- Pop Century
August '11 - AKL & CBR
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - Poly

Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #3234
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney

Wow, that's an awesome birthday gift!!! Happy late birthday! Mine was a couple weeks ago but I'll be celebrating at WDW in Sept since it was my "big" 3-0 and I couldn't be there for my birthday.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #3235
mcjingles
Mouseketeer

Lagoon view or TPV I can't make up my mind
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #3236
momw/2princesses
Mouseketeer

So excited for our first stay at the Poly on Saturday!! We stayed at all the other monorail resorts and we wanted to give it a try. I requested Tokelau and a balcony. Hoping that was the right choice! I was afraid to request Samoa because I wasn't sure how much noise there would be from the pool.

13 11
Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #3237
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momw/2princesses View Post
So excited for our first stay at the Poly on Saturday!! We stayed at all the other monorail resorts and we wanted to give it a try. I requested Tokelau and a balcony. Hoping that was the right choice! I was afraid to request Samoa because I wasn't sure how much noise there would be from the pool.
We check in on Sunday and requested Tokelau or Samoa. We stayed in Samoa in 04 and weren't disturbed by pool noise on the 3rd floor
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14) upcoming BC 3/15

Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #3238
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just at Poly with dh for anniversary Sunday. I walked him to Tokelau to show him the staircase/balcony at the end of the building towards water. Dd then 15 and I had a mom n me trip there . We loved standing on balcony and enjoyed the view and no one was ever there. Also I enjoyed the new offerings at Captain Cooks. Kids chicken and pineapple skewers were yummy!
Enjoy your trip!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #3239
HappyMomma
Mouseketeer

This time next week I'll be checking in!! I can barely contain myself!

Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #3240
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Just back from an 8 night stay at the Poly. We did online check in and requested Samoa. When we arrived, we were given a ground floor room in Samoa facing the volcano pool! Awesome view. I have to say that we loved the new look of the renovated room too! It felt luxurious and was much brighter. Big improvement IMO.

Overall, perfect stay and we really enjoyed drinking pina coladas on the beach while watching Wishes.
Glad you had a great trip . We loved our stay in Samoa too.....loved how close it was to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
My kids and I watched Lilo & Stitch today in preparation for our fall stay at the Poly! I'd never seen it before - what a sweet story. Even though I had known the definition of the word 'Ohana, the movie gave it so much more meaning. Now I'm looking forward to Poly and our 'Ohana breakfast even more!!!
Have a great trip.....the Poly is awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilJ26 View Post
We are at the Poly now! Got a fabulous room with a great view! Requested Samoa, first floor and that's exactly what we got! Except we also got on volcano pool side and have a great view of the pool! Also got a microwave! This location is awesome! Close to the main building, pools, and beach! Love our first stay at the Poly!
Glad you got your request. I agree about the location . Enjoy the rest of your trip .

Quote:
I agree .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Single digit dance for us too! We requested Tokelau and are hoping it opens soon.
Have a great trip .

Quote:

Congrats on the great upgrade .

Quote:
You're going to love the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
We check in on Sunday and requested Tokelau or Samoa. We stayed in Samoa in 04 and weren't disturbed by pool noise on the 3rd floor
Hope you have a great time . We stayed in Samoa in 2007 and weren't disturbed by noise either (we were on the first floor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMomma View Post
This time next week I'll be checking in!! I can barely contain myself!
Have fun .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: