Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #2851
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaine View Post

I had my dh take pics of the resort specific clothing on his iphone, but I just realized as I was thinking of uploading them, that he left this morning for a quick business trip He (and his phone) will be back tomorrow night, so I'll try and get them posted by Wednesday!

Raratonga and Niue opened on Friday. We walked through Niue and I LOVE the look of the new hallways and I was one who was a little skeptical when I heard of the room refurbs. SO much brighter!

I'm hoping they don't change the GCH too much, but I hope they at least replace the carpet on the stairs in there...now THAT looks waaaaaaaay past it's prime, yuck!

All in all, we had a GREAT time at the Poly! Just absolutely love it
I completely agree about the stairs. I was wondering how often they have to replace because I was nasty!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #2852
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Making a couple of extra breakfast ADR's and wondered about what others have done? Thinking about the last day heading over to either The Wave or The Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast before MK opening? Good idea or Bad idea?
We have eaten breakfast at the GFC on our last day a couple of times. It is a nice walk over there early in the morning (or take the monorail if you don't want to walk) and their breakfast is very good.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #2853
psac
DIS Veteran

A LOT more details on the planned DVC buildings posted on Tikiman's website.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/new...arting-in-2013

I know the first thought from a lot of people will be "I don't want DVC." But when you see how many people do cash stays at Bay Lake Tower for the larger 1 Bedroom Villas and such, it really may not be a bad thing for those who only stay cash and love the Poly.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #2854
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

I know the first thought from a lot of people will be "I don't want DVC." But when you see how many people do cash stays at Bay Lake Tower for the larger 1 Bedroom Villas and such, it really may not be a bad thing for those who only stay cash and love the Poly.
Thanks for posting this .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #2855
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

I am still mixed on the idea. I think it's good in that current DVC owners or people looking to buy into DVC would now be able to stay here if they wanted, or even a family of more than 5 looking to stay in a DVC. I know my DH and I had looked into buying a DVC before but decided not to because we love staying at the Poly. The part I am worried about is the resort feeling crowded. The Poly always has such a great laid back feeling and I am afraid that may not be the case once all the construction is complete. I also wish they were not removing the waterfall from the GCH but I'm guessing that idea is because of the up keep. All in all, it will be interesting to see how everything turns out.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #2856
jenn-n-okla
Jenn-in-Okla

Poly map and Club level pics

Its been 3 yrs since we were there. This year we are staying in the Hawaiian club level. We normally stay in the log house closest to the TTC but with a special pin code we can stay at the Club level.
I am just needing a map picture to get my bearings before we go, and would like some pictures of the garden view rooms in this area.
I remember in 2010 someone had some awesome photos. If someone could direct me to the thread link that would be wonderful.
1984 OS(1st visit);1986 OS;1988 Sports;1990Sports; 1991 Sports; 1994Music;1997Sports(took infant);2000Sports;2002Sports(took infant);2004Sports;2007 PC(took child with Portable O2);2008 Poly (took child with Portable O2); 2010 Poly (9 family members went one on oxygen ) 2013 Poly (5 family members again one on oxygen)
Old 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #2857
tsme
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading Tikiman's page for DVC plans at Poly. I have to say I'm not thrilled. One thing that we always found so special about Poly is that we feel it doesn't feel like a huge resort with lots of people like some of the other Disney resorts. It's more intimate. Adding all these large buildings will obviously add a whole bunch more people which I'm afraid will take that special feeling right out of the Poly. I'm sad.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #2858
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
I just finished reading Tikiman's page for DVC plans at Poly. I have to say I'm not thrilled. One thing that we always found so special about Poly is that we feel it doesn't feel like a huge resort with lots of people like some of the other Disney resorts. It's more intimate. Adding all these large buildings will obviously add a whole bunch more people which I'm afraid will take that special feeling right out of the Poly. I'm sad.
Not really sure how I feel about DVC. I am a little concerned about how much more crowded the launches, buses and monorail will be. Getting back to the Poly after EMH is already a nightmare.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #2859
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Not really sure how I feel about DVC. I am a little concerned about how much more crowded the launches, buses and monorail will be. Getting back to the Poly after EMH is already a nightmare.
I definitely agree in general with the additional GF building and additional Poly buildings the monorails will get hammered.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #2860
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
I am sad too.

The layout of that new pool is bigger then the whole entire resort-ok not really but it seems like it is.

And again, the new pool, will it only be for DVC guests? I mean if I had a room in Tokelau & I looked out into what is now towards Tahiti/Rapi Nui would I be looking at DVCers swimming in their own (huge) pool & will I and my kids have sad faces because I will force them to the quiet pool?

At the same time would that make the main pool less crowded & would they get rid of the quiet pool...jeesh...I love the quiet pool. I spent many mid day breaks in the 80's swimming in there with my cousins & cousins cousins...

Hopefully it doesn't stand out like BLT. I am thinking I am the only one who hates that BLT destroyed the view of the CR.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #2861
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

Hey y'all, I'm planning a once-in-a-lifetime Disney trip right now for my boyfriend who has NEVER been to Disney.

The only reference I've seen to a one-king-bed room is the honeymoon suite. Is it possible to request that at the Poly?

We both have kids but we're not bringing them for this trip (we're doing a week in a family suite in the fall with them).

Thanks!!

Whoohooooo
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #2862
Alli76
Mouseketeer

I read the tikiman newsletter this morning too. I knew that DVC was coming to Polynesian and although I really don't want to visit when they are doing major construction - it didn't bother me too much until I read that article. What bothers me is that there are going to be TWO huge DVC buildings and turn tahiti into DVC. That just seems like a huge amount of DVC vs. non DVC. I really wonder how that is going to effect getting regular rooms at the resort.

I am also quite sad about the removal of the waterfall from the main building. I hope that they replace it with something that will continue to add to the atmosphere in the Grand Ceremonial house. We visited Yacht and Beach club this past trip as we may stay over there our next trip to avoid construction. My husband and I both agreed that while they were nice - you really got a hotel feeling while at the Poly it is more of a resort feeling. I hope they don't lose that with all the changes.

Ok my two cents are in - now it is just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens I guess.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #2863
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

And no more Neverland Club? (at least that's how it looks in his map)
Maybe it will just be relocated? I hope they keep the same set-up/theme.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #2864
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

Thanks for posting. November being my first Poly stay not sure How I feel about the DVC except it seems to me the 5 story building is not going to look right when the Longhouses are 2 and 3 story.

Now I am worried about my November trip being noisy if construction has begun

On a happy note 180 days until I hear Aloha and I reserved a Cabana for one morning

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #2865
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

What concerns me most is congestion. The Poly will not be the Poly once it is overcrowded. And as I've said before, adding a third DVC to the monorail means they'd better be stepping up the transportation. Instead of cutting back monorail service they need to increase it, as well as buses to other parks. As it is, once buses get to The Grand they are packed. Guests paying top dollar for monorail resorts will not be pleased with the current state of the transportation system.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: