Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #2761
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
Hi, I'm still very new to DIS and I have a quick question that I hope someone can answer. My family is headed to WDW for our first trip June 24-July 5. We are doing a split stay, half at the BC and half at the Poly CL theme park view. I was just wondering if anyone knows if all CL theme park views have a balcony? I looked around and it sounds like just the third floor rooms have a balcony? Is that true? Should I make a request for a 3rd floor room? And has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? I'm so excited for our first upcoming trip!!
No, not all of the TPV rooms have balconies. There are some on the first floor (according to Tikiman's site there are 7) which would mean you have a patio and some on the second floor (around 8) which means just a slider, with no balcony. The majority of the rooms on the third floor (on the lagoon side) are TPV. If you want a balcony definitely request third floor. We have stayed third floor, TPV in Hawaii twice. We loved it!

This was our view looking towards the GF

view straight on (zoomed)

view of the CR/ferry at night

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 04-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #2762
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
Hi, I'm still very new to DIS and I have a quick question that I hope someone can answer. My family is headed to WDW for our first trip June 24-July 5. We are doing a split stay, half at the BC and half at the Poly CL theme park view. I was just wondering if anyone knows if all CL theme park views have a balcony? I looked around and it sounds like just the third floor rooms have a balcony? Is that true? Should I make a request for a 3rd floor room? And has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? I'm so excited for our first upcoming trip!!
This will give you a better understanding of which categories of rooms are on what floor. Only the third floor rooms have balconies in the Hawaii building, so if you have a TPV room booked, you could ultimately end up on any one of the three floors

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #2763
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your help! I will definitely ask for a third floor room. It does look like the majority of the CL theme park rooms are up there anyway. We are so excited for our trip! I have an ADR for both Ohana and Kona while we are there! Less than two months to go, woohoo!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #2764
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post

This will give you a better understanding of which categories of rooms are on what floor. Only the third floor rooms have balconies in the Hawaii building, so if you have a TPV room booked, you could ultimately end up on any one of the three floors
So which is the standard view...garden or lagoon?

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #2765
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post

Usually garden
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14) upcoming BC 3/15

Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #2766
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Hi here now everything is great. But heads up One of the regular cabanas is gone. I walked by and noticed because we had both booked for Wednesday (we have a large party). The club staff didn't even know had to walk out to confirm. so they are workin with me now.
Quote:
Update... I love the club staff. They really helped me out. We are now booked for the premium cabana. Not exactly what I wanted but because it is farther from the pool. But at least we have something where we will all fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Do you know if the "missing" cabana is just a temporary thing? Or will they now only have 1 regular and 1 premium? I just booked a "regular" one for a half-day on our October trip...
Wait, WHAT???????????????????

A Cabana disappeared and the staff didn't know about it?

This is one of the weirdest things I've heard and Disney comes up with some doozies.

Is it Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa that disappeared (the one on the left or the right respectively)? Did they say anything about whether this was temporary or permenant?

I've got a regular cabana booked and I certainly hope they don't double book then find out I don't have one. It's the 'big' surprise for my daughter's birthday celebration in a few weeks. I don't even think it is worth calling and confirming though because the folks on the phone have such little information unless it is written down in the system. Since the folks AT THE POLY didn't notice a missing cabana, I have no faith that central reservations would know.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #2767
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
There is no "standard view" for club level rooms - it's either Garden, Lagoon or Theme Park view. Standard view refers to non-club level rooms in all building except Hawaii

Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #2768
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
There is no "standard view" for club level rooms - it's either Garden, Lagoon or Theme Park view. Standard view refers to non-club level rooms in all building except Hawaii
Basically at the Poly there are three general categories of rooms. Rooms facing Seven Seas Lagoon that have a clear view of the castle/other distinctive MK things, rooms facing the Seven Seas Lagoon that have something (typically trees) blocking the MK attractions visible from the Poly, and standard view which is pretty much everything that doesn't face the Seven Seas Lagoon. The standard views range from the marina/pool to the Poly grounds to other longhouses, to parking lots to the monorail. The reason they specify CL standard view rooms as "Garden View" is that due to the Hawaii building's location, your view is of the Poly grounds which is considered a Garden View.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #2769
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is weird. The club staff didn't really know what is going on either so I don't know if it is a temporary thing or permanent. I hope that they don't put a hot tub there. I liked that the spot for the cabanas was kind of secluded. A hot tub there will really take away from the privacy and peacefulness of the cabana. I will try and find it more details as the week goes by.
I noticed on Tikiman's FB page you were able to find out the cabana was removed due to "weather damage"... any idea if it will be returned once it has been fixed?
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #2770
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

We are arriving at The Poly on Friday morning. Requested a room in Samoa. I know they are renovating the buildings. Anybody know which buildings have been done and which one is currently closed? Just wondering Thanks
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #2771
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett24 View Post
We are arriving at The Poly on Friday morning. Requested a room in Samoa. I know they are renovating the buildings. Anybody know which buildings have been done and which one is currently closed? Just wondering Thanks
Here's the info from Tikiman's site:

Hawaii Completed

Samoa Completed

Tokelau March 31- May 25

Niue March 3 - May 3

Rarotonga March 3 - May 3

Aotearoa April 21 – June 14

Fiji May 19 – July 5

Tonga May 5 – May 31

Tuvalu June 16 – August 2

Tahiti July 14 – September 13

Rapa Nui August 11 – October 4
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #2772
Our3ps
Mouseketeer

We are doing our first Poly trip in July/Aug and I was wondering how good they have been for those have made room requests in the past?

June '99- All Star Music (Honeymoon)
August '07- Pop Century
August '11 - AKL & CBR
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - Poly

Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #2773
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
Basically at the Poly there are three general categories of rooms. Rooms facing Seven Seas Lagoon that have a clear view of the castle/other distinctive MK things, rooms facing the Seven Seas Lagoon that have something (typically trees) blocking the MK attractions visible from the Poly, and standard view which is pretty much everything that doesn't face the Seven Seas Lagoon. The standard views range from the marina/pool to the Poly grounds to other longhouses, to parking lots to the monorail. The reason they specify CL standard view rooms as "Garden View" is that due to the Hawaii building's location, your view is of the Poly grounds which is considered a Garden View.
Thanks, I'm well aware of the room categories, I was clarifying what is available in the Hawaii CL building

Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #2774
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3ps View Post
We are doing our first Poly trip in July/Aug and I was wondering how good they have been for those have made room requests in the past?
In four August trips to the Poly we have gotten what we requested three times. The one time we didn't was when they upgraded us to CL, which I guess was better than giving us what we requested.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #2775
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
In four August trips to the Poly we have gotten what we requested three times. The one time we didn't was when they upgraded us to CL, which I guess was better than giving us what we requested.

We are thinking of going to WDW next August. We have previously been in April and October and frankly, we are a little worried about the weather in August. So I read you have been at least four times in August and stayed at Poly.

-How are the lines at the parks? Is it crazy busy or just mildly busy? Like 45 minute waits or over an hour?
-How crowded was the Poly pool in August? Could you find at least one chair?
-Is the weather so hot that you start getting heated by the time you reach your first ride at rope drop?
-Did you find that a lot of your park time was rained out?
-Any other August issues that we should be prepared for?

Sorry to ask you so may questions but we have never been to WDW during the summer months and I like to be prepared

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: