Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #2641
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
I find it strange that the plans for DVC are so scattered around the resort. I mean....it makes sense to remove the luau building and make that end of the resort DVC as it is closest to the GF DVC expansion. Why then change Tahiti and add bungalows on that end??? Makes more sense to change up Aotearoa/Fiji/Tuvalu and keep all the DVC on that side of the marina. I also seriously doubt the bungalows over the water will ever come to fruition. Who would want to stay in them with the constant Ferry horn and boat horns. I also see the liability insurance for those units being really high. Can you imagine the lawsuit possibilities?
I tend to agree with you. I strongly suspect that these new DVC rumors are just that, although I do think some of these plans will occur. I would be very surprised to see DVC "bookending" both sides of the resort. Are there any other resorts that have multiple DVC locations on their grounds? Even if those are the current plans, I suspect that they will eventually change to being only one location at the resort. Disney never changes their plans, right?

Last edited by huntconn; 04-18-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correction
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #2642
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Frequent Poly visitors, do you find that you spend more time at the MK and EP due to the monorail access to those parks? Oddly enough, this is something I'm very excited about.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #2643
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
Frequent Poly visitors, do you find that you spend more time at the MK and EP due to the monorail access to those parks? Oddly enough, this is something I'm very excited about.

We go to MK alot but its also my favorite park. We do tend to go to those two parks just for the ease of transportation.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #2644
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:

No matter where we stay, MK and EP are our favorite parks so we spend the most time at those parks anyway. But since they are the parks we go to the most, it makes even more sense to stay at the Poly for the ease of transportation. And the transportation is FUN! Of course, it also helps that you can quite easily visit the Contemporary and Grand Floridian as well. We always go to both resorts to visit when we stay at the Poly. Mizner's Lounge is great at GF and we like Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary and we like to shop at both resorts as well.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #2645
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter

We spend more time at MK and EPCOT just because those are our favorite. Besides loving the Poly theme, it's also a great location and easier access to both of those parks. We had thought of staying at AKL before but I don't like the lack of transportation options or the distance from MK or EPCOT.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #2646
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Not a frequent Poly visitor, Infact it will be our first stay in Nov but we plan on only visiting MK and EP because of the Monorail. Plus they are our favorite parks

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #2647
Disneyfun67
Earning My Ears

Can anyone or everyone please tell me what would be the best longhouse to stay in? THANKS
Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #2648
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Oh My! Single digit countdown! Just 8 more days until our 1st POLY stay ! The thought just gave me butterflies So excited now! Cannot wait to walk through that door and hear "Aloha" I think my granddaughter is starting to count the minutes. She's watching her countdowns and calendars like a hawk! She is so so excited! Keeping our fingers crossed for some great weather !
Start dancing with me all you "single" digiters!

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2649
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindie-rella View Post
Oh My! Single digit countdown! Just 8 more days until our 1st POLY stay ! The thought just gave me butterflies So excited now! Cannot wait to walk through that door and hear "Aloha" I think my granddaughter is starting to count the minutes. She's watching her countdowns and calendars like a hawk! She is so so excited! Keeping our fingers crossed for some great weather !
I'm with you
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #2650
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah me too!!! Lots to do this week. And really hoping the weather turns. Right now the forecasts include lots of clouds. This pale CT girl needs some sunlight!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #2651
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Yeah me too!!! Lots to do this week. And really hoping the weather turns. Right now the forecasts include lots of clouds. This pale CT girl needs some sunlight!
Be careful what you wish for - wouldn't want it to be 90, humid and sunny all day - no fun touring the parks looking and feeling like a wilted piece of lettuce
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #2652
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfun67 View Post
Can anyone or everyone please tell me what would be the best longhouse to stay in? THANKS
It all depends on what is important to you, eg. close to the Grand Ceremonial House (GCH) -restaurants/shops/moorail platform, close to the pool, close to the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC) ... also, what category of room have you booked?

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #2653
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
6 days!!!!! The weather forecast keeps changing every day! Last week it was saying it would be 75 and sunny, then a few days ago, the week was looking rainy and warmer, now it looks to be in the mid-high 80s and sunny again. I think I'll just stop checking obsessively and be surprised when we get there
Old 04-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #2654
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaine

6 days!!!!! The weather forecast keeps changing every day! Last week it was saying it would be 75 and sunny, then a few days ago, the week was looking rainy and warmer, now it looks to be in the mid-high 80s and sunny again. I think I'll just stop checking obsessively and be surprised when we get there
No matter the weather, you will be at the Poly! Relax and enjoy your countdown! We will be there the end of May, and that's what i keep telling myself.

Me DH DS DD
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #2655
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Be careful what you wish for - wouldn't want it to be 90, humid and sunny all day - no fun touring the parks looking and feeling like a wilted piece of lettuce
That is a matter of personal preference--and your description is mine! Those pool breaks in the afternoon are spectacular in that type of weather!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: