Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #241
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
A spork? Genius!
Okay, I'll bite... ha ha... why do I need a spork for my drink?

Never had one- but after the glowing reviews, it looks like I'll be ordering one post Princess Half Marathon!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #242
vegas4111
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belleville,Mi
Posts: 17

Wishes viewing

I will be at the Poly Sunday and was wondering if wishes can be seen from the east beach {the one near Figi where I hope to be staying} or is it better to view from the seven seas lagoon beach?
vegas4111 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #243
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran
 
TheNewMrsB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Okay, I'll bite... ha ha... why do I need a spork for my drink?

Never had one- but after the glowing reviews, it looks like I'll be ordering one post Princess Half Marathon!
To scoop out the alcohol-soaked pineapple bits once you're finished drinking!

And yes. You should order, because they're magical.
__________________


Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #244
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
To scoop out the alcohol-soaked pineapple bits once you're finished drinking!

And yes. You should order, because they're magical.
Ohh.... myyyyyyyy!!!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #245
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer
 
gaildmoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas4111 View Post
I will be at the Poly Sunday and was wondering if wishes can be seen from the east beach {the one near Figi where I hope to be staying} or is it better to view from the seven seas lagoon beach?
Seven Seas Lagoon Beach
gaildmoody is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #246
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,614

Go back Saturday evening from our trip to the Polynesian and of course loved it! They were able to meet our request for the Fiji Longhouse and we were on the 3rd floor which was nice because you could sit out on the balcony. We went ahead and booked our vacation for next year and decided we needed to spend a little more time enjoying the resort next year.
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #247
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Go back Saturday evening from our trip to the Polynesian and of course loved it! They were able to meet our request for the Fiji Longhouse and we were on the 3rd floor which was nice because you could sit out on the balcony. We went ahead and booked our vacation for next year and decided we needed to spend a little more time enjoying the resort next year.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip!!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #248
A MK Family
Mouseketeer
 
A MK Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138

Woohooo! Just switched our reservation! Going back to the Poly (had book CR TPV) but couldn't resist thoughts of our last stay at the poly! We are there 10/28 in a CLGV room. My daughter is worried about not seeing wishes from the balcony, how is it from the CL Lounge? Any advice for CL newbie?

dreaming of my 1st dole whip!
__________________
A MK FAMILY
Me DH DD7 DD4DS15 mths

A MK Family is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #249
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed
 
guitarob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sicklerville, NJ 1,023 Miles from where I belong.
Posts: 1,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Woohooo! Just switched our reservation! Going back to the Poly (had book CR TPV) but couldn't resist thoughts of our last stay at the poly! We are there 10/28 in a CLGV room. My daughter is worried about not seeing wishes from the balcony, how is it from the CL Lounge? Any advice for CL newbie?

dreaming of my 1st dole whip!
Wishes is pretty great from the lounge, especially if you get there early enough to grab a seat up front by the glass. It is also really great from the beach just in front of the building!
__________________
MrsB's 2012 Dining Report

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report


1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
guitarob is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #250
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
Wishes is pretty great from the lounge, especially if you get there early enough to grab a seat up front by the glass. It is also really great from the beach just in front of the building!
Absolutely agreed. Make sure you grab a glass of "punch" and enjoy the gorgeous view from the lounge. When we are staying at the Poly we never watch Wishes in the park.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #251
A MK Family
Mouseketeer
 
A MK Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 138

Thanks!

If it is crowded and you don't get a good table, can you still see it?

I actually had another ? Since we are now a family of five and will need a pack n play this trip, I was wonder were they set it up? I imagine it will be pretty tight. My DS 1.5 will not sleep with us so we really have no choice
__________________
A MK FAMILY
Me DH DD7 DD4DS15 mths


Last edited by A MK Family; 09-12-2012 at 09:59 PM.
A MK Family is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #252
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran
 
TheNewMrsB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family
Thanks!

If it is crowded and you don't get a good table, can you still see it?

I actually had another ? Since we are now a family of five and will need a pack n play this trip, I was wonder were they set it up? I imagine it will be pretty tight. My DS 1.5 will not sleep with us so we really have no choice
I can only answer the first question: The windows are 2 stories high and stretch from one end of the room to the other, so you should be able to see even if you're not right by the window.
__________________


Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #253
RedheadRinger
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 86

Silly Question

OK, going next Monday, how are the hair dryers in the rooms at the Poly? I have long, thick, curly hair and like a powerful hair dryer that will dry my hair quickly. Should I just take my own? Don't really understand why I am worrying about this, as soon as I walk out the door I am sure my hair will curl up into a giant frizz ball anyway.
__________________
RedheadRinger is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #254
red712371
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 234

OK...I did it! Switched my ressie in December from GF due to construction to the Poly!!!!! I hope we made the right choice. Can anyone offer me any advice for a nice standard view room?

Thanks!
red712371 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #255
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed
 
guitarob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sicklerville, NJ 1,023 Miles from where I belong.
Posts: 1,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
OK...I did it! Switched my ressie in December from GF due to construction to the Poly!!!!! I hope we made the right choice. Can anyone offer me any advice for a nice standard view room?

Thanks!
You made a great choice! The Marina side of Fiji is very nice, and rather convenient to everything.
__________________
MrsB's 2012 Dining Report

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report


1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
guitarob is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: