Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #2416
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
I have a few questions...

1st- To rent the sea racers it says "licensed driver" does this mean driver's license or boat license?
2nd- The Kona restaurant..is this table service or QS?
3rd- What is a "must do" while staying at the Poly? I already plan on eating at Ohana for breakfast and lunch, so anything else??

Thanks!!
1. As the pp mentioned, all you need is a drivers license

2. We've eaten at Kona twice and enjoyed it both times, although we were sad to see them take prime rib off the menu

3. Relax in a hammock on the beach watching the fireworks

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #2417
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I believe it is a driver's license. I can't see why they would require a boating license. Also, as Sheila pointed out, 'Ohana only serves breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is a character meal. Dinner is not.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #2418
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
1. As the pp mentioned, all you need is a drivers license

2. We've eaten at Kona twice and enjoyed it both times, although we were sad to see them take prime rib off the menu

3. Relax in a hammock on the beach watching the fireworks
Cloud 9 is right!!!!!!!

Thank-you
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #2419
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I believe it is a driver's license. I can't see why they would require a boating license. Also, as Sheila pointed out, 'Ohana only serves breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is a character meal. Dinner is not.
I didn't think so, but wanted to be sure, thanks!

As for Ohana, I made a mistake and meant dinner not lunch
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #2420
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
I didn't think so, but wanted to be sure, thanks!

As for Ohana, I made a mistake and meant dinner not lunch
Dinner is our favorite meal! Our last trip was 12 nights and we ate there twice.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #2421
jdd
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to share my excitement

I was able to change the first half of our trip this morning so we're spending the whole week at Poly GVCL We were originally planning on the first two nights at AoA, but when the 30% discount came out for those nights, I thought we could switch and do the whole week at the Poly. Unfortunately, the CMs on the phone last week weren't able to give me the discount on those two nights (when I called with my Disney Visa card). But this morning, I went online and entered the dates for our whole week (8/13-8/20) and it DID give me the discount on the first two nights I guess the CMs just didn't think of doing this, and maybe the discount needs a minimum number of nights

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but I'm just so excited! It's my dream to spend a whole week at the Poly and club level, and it's coming true

Have to go change my ticker....
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #2422
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post

I was able to change the first half of our trip this morning so we're spending the whole week at Poly GVCL We were originally planning on the first two nights at AoA, but when the 30% discount came out for those nights, I thought we could switch and do the whole week at the Poly. Unfortunately, the CMs on the phone last week weren't able to give me the discount on those two nights (when I called with my Disney Visa card). But this morning, I went online and entered the dates for our whole week (8/13-8/20) and it DID give me the discount on the first two nights I guess the CMs just didn't think of doing this, and maybe the discount needs a minimum number of nights

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but I'm just so excited! It's my dream to spend a whole week at the Poly and club level, and it's coming true

Glad you were able to get the Poly for the whole time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #2423
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy for you and your family!
I depart tomorrow and am all packed and ready. I woke up to snow AGAIN this morning so can't wait for hat FL sun!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #2424
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I depart tomorrow and am all packed and ready. I woke up to snow AGAIN this morning so can't wait for hat FL sun!
Have a fantastic trip! And be sure to come back and tell us all about it
Snowing here too, although I'm seeing some blue sky now...maybe spring will be here some day....
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR
Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #2425
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #2426
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

Have a great trip!!! Make sure to report back and let us know about your magic!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #2427
flea1267
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I believe it is a driver's license. I can't see why they would require a boating license. Also, as Sheila pointed out, .
Just a heads up...we rented Sea Raycers for our boys in June and they were just 13 at the time...the requirement was 12 years old and at least 5' tall. We had to sign waviers for them...but they obviously didn't have drivers licences. Just thought I'd let you know our experience.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #2428
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Today is 60 days out for us so I did online check in since I could. There was the standard info asked...expected time of arrival, departure, etc. One thing to note is that as part of the process the system would have bypassed the special request/amenities portion if we hadn't selected that from the pull down. Once we were on that sub-page they gave a list of all the long houses, second floor, balcony and patio. Of the entire list you were able to select two. At the bottom of the page there was a box you could check that said room ready upon arrival. If you checked this box then that would supersede any choices you made from the list at the top of the page.

Just thought I'd share since online check in appears to have changed since we visited last. I know a lot of people are having issue with the My Disney Experience apps and website but we haven't had those issues. Thus far they get a big thumbs up from me.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #2429
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I'm not currently subscribed to this thread.

Pete Werner just announced on the DisUnplugged Live that 20 'bungalows' of one and two bedrooms each are going to be built starting this year at the Poly. They will extend out into the water and be accessed via a dock. The assumption is that these will be DVC.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #2430
AstroDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1267 View Post
Just a heads up...we rented Sea Raycers for our boys in June and they were just 13 at the time...the requirement was 12 years old and at least 5' tall. We had to sign waviers for them...but they obviously didn't have drivers licences. Just thought I'd let you know our experience.
Was that the requirement to drive one or to actually have one of their own?

My oldest will be 13 when we go in October and I was hoping he would be able to have one of his own.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: