Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #211
disneylovr1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 187

room sizes

I noticed on the tikimans website that the rooms in Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui are around 60 sq ft larger than the other longhouses. What I was wondering is how much difference that makes? Has anyone stayed in both and noticed? I was thinking that i might prefer to alter my requests to put those 3 longhouses first, to have the extra square footage, but also wondring if it really makes a difference. is there any difference in the layout or what is in the rooms, or are things just slightly more spread out?

Someday I might actually figure out how to have a tiker, for now I'll continue to make due with boring looking posts! Just under 50 days until our Poly stay, and just over 1 week until a weekend offsite.
disneylovr1 is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #212
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovr1 View Post
I noticed on the tikimans website that the rooms in Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui are around 60 sq ft larger than the other longhouses. What I was wondering is how much difference that makes? Has anyone stayed in both and noticed? I was thinking that i might prefer to alter my requests to put those 3 longhouses first, to have the extra square footage, but also wondring if it really makes a difference. is there any difference in the layout or what is in the rooms, or are things just slightly more spread out?

Someday I might actually figure out how to have a tiker, for now I'll continue to make due with boring looking posts! Just under 50 days until our Poly stay, and just over 1 week until a weekend offsite.
I think on the "Welcome to the Dis" section, there is a Sticky at the top with videos on how to create a ticker.
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie


ocalla is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #213
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,802

I've stayed in Tahiti and was wowed with the extra space. While I want to stay at CL I'm concerned about losing some space, especially with a baby/porta crib in the room.
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #214
WOODY13
Mouseketeer
 
WOODY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 1600 Seven Seas Dr.(I wish) Geneva,IL.
Posts: 290

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovr1 View Post
I noticed on the tikimans website that the rooms in Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui are around 60 sq ft larger than the other longhouses. What I was wondering is how much difference that makes? Has anyone stayed in both and noticed? I was thinking that i might prefer to alter my requests to put those 3 longhouses first, to have the extra square footage, but also wondring if it really makes a difference. is there any difference in the layout or what is in the rooms, or are things just slightly more spread out?
I always request Tokelau(unless I'm staying CL) because of the extra space and second floor balconies which Rapa Nui and Tahiti also have. The layout is the same. There is just more room after you walk past the beds.
WOODY13 is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #215
walt's assistant
The Tag Fairy went on vacation and all I got was this stupid T-shirt
 
walt's assistant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
What little he knows is pretty much the only "scoop" available. It's ALL rumor and speculation at this point.
During our stay at the Poly two weeks ago we were told by Mousekeeping that renovations to some existing buildings were going to happen but timing wasnt clear. He cited Tahiti as one longhouse at the top of the list for attention.
__________________
Polynesian: 2012; Tokyo Disneyland (東京ディズニーランド): 2011; Disneyland: 2000, 2010, 2012; WDW Dolphin: 2009; Tokyo DisneySea (東京ディズニーシー): 2008; Contemporary: 1991, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2006; Yacht Club: 2003; DVC Vero Beach: 2000; Wilderness Lodge: 1999; Fort Wilderness: 1975, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1981, 1986; LBV Hilton: 1999; LBV Grosvenor: 1988; LBV Hotel Royal Plaza: 1974; Offsite: 1971, 1972, 1983, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994 (and more day trips than I can remember!)
walt's assistant is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #216
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran
 
Masonmj84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt's assistant View Post
During our stay at the Poly two weeks ago we were told by Mousekeeping that renovations to some existing buildings were going to happen but timing wasnt clear. He cited Tahiti as one longhouse at the top of the list for attention.
If you go to Tikiman's site, he recently added information about when each longhouse is being scheduled for renovation.

Assuming this information is correct, it seems they're generally moving from West (GF side) to East (TTC side) starting this fall with Aotearoa (the other two longhouses West of the GCH, Fiji and Tuvalu, are also on tap for this year, with everything else in 2013).

This would put Tahiti as one of the last to get the treatment.

Interestingly, the 3 longhouses closest to the Volcano Pool (Samoa, Hawaii, and Niue) are listed for refurb during the Jan.-Mar. 2013 time frame.
__________________
Masonmj84 is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #217
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
If you go to Tikiman's site, he recently added information about when each longhouse is being scheduled for renovation.

Assuming this information is correct, it seems they're generally moving from West (GF side) to East (TTC side) starting this fall with Aotearoa (the other two longhouses West of the GCH, Fiji and Tuvalu, are also on tap for this year, with everything else in 2013).

This would put Tahiti as one of the last to get the treatment.

Interestingly, the 3 longhouses closest to the Volcano Pool (Samoa, Hawaii, and Niue) are listed for refurb during the Jan.-Mar. 2013 time frame.
This would make sense with the rumoured work on the pool said to begin "at the end of the year." Maybe the plan is to just shut that whole area down and get it all done at once?
__________________

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #218
tobin04
Mouseketeer
 
tobin04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 296

Aloha!

We will be staying at the Poly-club level, theme park view. We were booked at the GF, main building, theme park view-but Disney moved us due to extreme construction noise!

It's been a few years since I stayed at the Poly, and have never stayed club level there! Any tips? We arrive very early next Thursday!!!
__________________
tobin04 is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #219
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day
 
boundfordisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: hamilton ontario canada
Posts: 1,192

well now Im a little worried about the construction that may be happening , we are booked for march 7, not so much worried about the longhouses as we are just in a gv and which longhouse really isnt a concern for me, but we do have a cabana booked and are planning our arrival day to be just spent around the pool. This could have some effect on our stay if the pool were to be closed, quess we will wait and see if tikiman has any more info in the fall. Keeping my fingers crossed our plans dont have to be changed as it took me sooo long to finally deceide to book the poly for our pre cruise stay!
__________________
boundfordisney is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #220
TIME2DISNEY
Mouseketeer
 
TIME2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
well now Im a little worried about the construction that may be happening , we are booked for march 7, not so much worried about the longhouses as we are just in a gv and which longhouse really isnt a concern for me, but we do have a cabana booked and are planning our arrival day to be just spent around the pool. This could have some effect on our stay if the pool were to be closed, quess we will wait and see if tikiman has any more info in the fall. Keeping my fingers crossed our plans dont have to be changed as it took me sooo long to finally deceide to book the poly for our pre cruise stay!
I feel your pain! We just booked 4/2/2013 trip and I'm starting to worry a little bit. Surely the pool will be open for March. I can't imagine pools being closed during Spring Break!
I may have to cancel my poly reservations if I hear of major reconstruction going on. Restaurants closed, big blank walls and closed pools is not what I expect at my beloved Polynesian!
Have a great trip Guitarob and Mrs.B! Looking forward to your review when you get back!
TIME2DISNEY is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #221
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran
 
TheNewMrsB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME2DISNEY View Post
I may have to cancel my poly reservations if I hear of major reconstruction going on. Restaurants closed, big blank walls and closed pools is not what I expect at my beloved Polynesian!
Have a great trip Guitarob and Mrs.B! Looking forward to your review when you get back!
Thank you! We can't wait! I'd say I don't know who's more excited...but that would be a lie. My kid-at-heart partner in crime is just about bursting with excitement.

Honestly, the rumored construction is what led us to this trip in the first place. We wanted one more visit before things changed. And, of course, one more gorge fest at 'Ohana...
__________________


Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #222
TIME2DISNEY
Mouseketeer
 
TIME2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
Thank you! We can't wait! I'd say I don't know who's more excited...but that would be a lie. My kid-at-heart partner in crime is just about bursting with excitement.

Honestly, the rumored construction is what led us to this trip in the first place. We wanted one more visit before things changed. And, of course, one more gorge fest at 'Ohana...
'Ohana!'Ohana! Yum! Yum! Bring me more meat! And noodles! And bread pudding! Lol!
This trip I'm planning to slow down and enjoy the resort more (really I am!).
Does any one have any special things they just have to do while they are at the Polynesian?
TIME2DISNEY is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #223
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran
 
TheNewMrsB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME2DISNEY View Post
'Ohana!'Ohana! Yum! Yum! Bring me more meat! And noodles! And bread pudding! Lol!
They actually brought us a second bread pudding last time! I thought we were going to cry - I actually think Rob did cry a little!
__________________


Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #224
TIME2DISNEY
Mouseketeer
 
TIME2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
They actually brought us a second bread pudding last time! I thought we were going to cry - I actually think Rob did cry a little!
Oh I would cry! I'm crying just thinking about it!
You lucky dog! Eat some bread pudding for me!
TIME2DISNEY is offline  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #225
jce2
Mouseketeer
 
jce2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 204

Well, this trip started with a regular room at SoG, changed to a Junior suite at SoG, moved to two rooms at POR and finally with the military discount bacame a room at Poly. I think if I moved again my family would kill me, so I guess I will just hope construction doesn't effect my June trip. I have always wanted to stay at Poly and for some reason the other deluxe locations simply dont grab my interest. In fact if Poly fell thru I would probably go back to POR instead of a differant deluxe.
__________________
Chris

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!



jce2 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: