Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #2206
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Recent reports say that yes--the walkway is still open
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #2207
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Here is a construction pic from earlier this week...mattresses & garbage cans!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #2208
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
I definitely think Rapa Nui, Tokelau, and Tahiti are your best choices. These longhouses all have slightly larger rooms which will be great given 5 people. I believe all the longhouses will now have dual sinks in the bathroom. I am very interested to see the first pictures from these longhouses after the remodel to see if they keep the 2 armchairs in the rooms or ??? (the other longhouses have one armchair)
Thank you so much for your feedback!

Yes, I definitely want to request Rapa Nui, Tahiti, or Tokelau due to their slightly larger size. Glad to hear the rooms should all have two sinks. Of course, we're not going until October... so I do have some time to make my decision!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #2209
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I am going to keep this secret from my DS for the next 72 days. He thinks we are staying at POR in a Royal Guest Room! I can't wait to see his face when we pull up to the Poly!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #2210
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I don't know how I am going to keep this secret from my DS for the next 72 days. He thinks we are staying at POR in a Royal Guest Room! I can't wait to see his face when we pull up to the Poly!
I kept our resort(s) a secret from DS15 - he wanted it to be a surprise. DS12 knew but kept the secret. I had to quickly tell the ME people & bus driver not to say the resort out loud! He had it narrowed down to 3 once they made the announcements on the ME bus. It was fun keeping it a surprise!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #2211
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I kept our resort(s) a secret from DS15 - he wanted it to be a surprise. DS12 knew but kept the secret. I had to quickly tell the ME people & bus driver not to say the resort out loud! He had it narrowed down to 3 once they made the announcements on the ME bus. It was fun keeping it a surprise!
I am the absolute WORST at surprising people. When I buy someone a present I want to give it to them immediately. Seriously if I make it to the airport without telling him, it is going to be a miracle.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #2212
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos
Just booked Spirit of Aloha for our trip in July. Booked the early show. Couldn't resist as we were watching footage on YouTube and DD2 said " I wanna do that!" Thoughts on the show? Food? I have read lots of mixed reviews. Thanks!
We went in December, even though we heard some pretty rough things about it, but my overall opinion is do it at least once!
We sprung for the most expensive seats and had front row, center tables so that was great.

Our server was fantastic.
I have an allergy to nuts, which are now in a few different items on the new menu, and she brought out identical items without the nuts, and instead of the macadamia nut chocolate mousse, she brought out a nice fruit plate with some caramel dipping sauce and about 6 freshly made, yummy chocolate chip cookies.

The food was overall about a C+....nothing great, but not bad. It came out hot and stayed warm, despite the slightly cool temps. (Would have liked a jacket by the end of the main course....the BBQ sauce is a must because there wasn't much seasoning on the meat.

The show was about a B.....kinda hokey, a little cheesy, but my daughter (4 at the time) LOVED getting up and dancing when they asked for participation.

I've heard people leave reviews that there is 30 minutes of special dances (birthday people, etc) but in our case, there were only 3, about 3-4 minutes each.

You must....YES, ABSOLUTELY MUST stay until the end!!!

The fire dancer is absolutely mind blowing, amazing.

My brother, who is rarely overly impressed with anything, and even more rarely verbal about it if he is, was hooting, hollering, pounding on the table, clapping, etc during the whole thing and at the end, he got up from the table and said "Holy $____ That guy was INCREDIBLE!" (And ladies....he's super hot too, and a great, shining, over the top (but not obnoxious) personality to boot! Lol!)
My 4 year old sat there wide eyed, her mouth wide open and did not say a word through this whole performance, and at the end said nothing but "Wow Mommy!"

So, yes! Take the chance, at least once (I know we will go again when we go back).

If you go strictly for the food, are expecting a Broadway calibre show or are squeamish about a little skin showing, then you will probably be disappointed, but go with an open mind and join in the fun when you can!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #2213
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post

We went in December, even though we heard some pretty rough things about it, but my overall opinion is do it at least once!
We sprung for the most expensive seats and had front row, center tables so that was great.

Our server was fantastic.
I have an allergy to nuts, which are now in a few different items on the new menu, and she brought out identical items without the nuts, and instead of the macadamia nut chocolate mousse, she brought out a nice fruit plate with some caramel dipping sauce and about 6 freshly made, yummy chocolate chip cookies.

The food was overall about a C+....nothing great, but not bad. It came out hot and stayed warm, despite the slightly cool temps. (Would have liked a jacket by the end of the main course....the BBQ sauce is a must because there wasn't much seasoning on the meat.

The show was about a B.....kinda hokey, a little cheesy, but my daughter (4 at the time) LOVED getting up and dancing when they asked for participation.

I've heard people leave reviews that there is 30 minutes of special dances (birthday people, etc) but in our case, there were only 3, about 3-4 minutes each.

You must....YES, ABSOLUTELY MUST stay until the end!!!

The fire dancer is absolutely mind blowing, amazing.

My brother, who is rarely overly impressed with anything, and even more rarely verbal about it if he is, was hooting, hollering, pounding on the table, clapping, etc during the whole thing and at the end, he got up from the table and said "Holy $____ That guy was INCREDIBLE!" (And ladies....he's super hot too, and a great, shining, over the top (but not obnoxious) personality to boot! Lol!)
My 4 year old sat there wide eyed, her mouth wide open and did not say a word through this whole performance, and at the end said nothing but "Wow Mommy!"

So, yes! Take the chance, at least once (I know we will go again when we go back).

If you go strictly for the food, are expecting a Broadway calibre show or are squeamish about a little skin showing, then you will probably be disappointed, but go with an open mind and join in the fun when you can!
Thanks so much for the review! I think DD2 will love it so we sprung for the level 1 seats and are going for it! We went to a luau in Hawaii and found it a bit cheesey but it was still fun!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #2214
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Quote:
I am the absolute WORST at surprising people. When I buy someone a present I want to give it to them immediately. Seriously if I make it to the airport without telling him, it is going to be a miracle.
Dani I would never be able to keep where we were staying a secret, I would have told him when I switched.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #2215
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Here is a construction pic from earlier this week...mattresses & garbage cans!

I have my first PolyCL stay 4/5. Do you have a clue what the GV view will be? Mostly construction is what I fear.
Think I will be hanging out the the lounge
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #2216
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Thanks so much for the review! I think DD2 will love it so we sprung for the level 1 seats and are going for it! We went to a luau in Hawaii and found it a bit cheesey but it was still fun!
My husband and I did it in October, category 3 seats with the DDP and enjoyed the show. The food then was pretty good, we had rotisserie chicken and fall off the bone tender ribs. Our seats were eh, I had a pole blocking my view so when I booked this upcoming trip I booked category one since it'll be older daughters graduation and 18th birthday. I hope that the food either returns to the prior menu or they still offer the salad in place of the potato salad, I have one teen that is very picky about things like that, no potato salad, no coleslaw, etc.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #2217
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
We are going last week October...first time at poly...my six year old requested this resort as the tiki torches fascinate him. Ha!

I am wondering about long houses to request...

Our priority is:

1. Room condition (have any been remodeled recently)
2. Proximity to counter Service
3. Proximity to main pool

We will be walking to monorail or buses every day, swimming two afternoons, and napping in the room with toddler! Hence my priorities!
We love Samoa . We thought it was very convenient to everything as it was just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Booked our November stay at be Poly yesterday now the planning can commence! We are so excited, first time staying at the Poly!

228 Days to go!
You will love the Poly......it's an awesome resort .

Quote:
Just booked Spirit of Aloha for our trip in July. Booked the early show. Couldn't resist as we were watching footage on YouTube and DD2 said " I wanna do that!" Thoughts on the show? Food? I have read lots of mixed reviews. Thanks!
It's been awhile since we did SoA (Sept 2007), but we loved it. We thought the food was great and the show was cute. I read alot of not-so-good reviews about it before we went, but decided to give it a try and we really liked it. It's not something we would do every year, but it is nice to experience it at least once, IMO .

Quote:
We paid OOP for category 1 seating instead of using 2 DDP credits and I'm so glad we did. I think it was well worth the extra money as we had great seats right up front by the stage .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #2218
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Debating about booking The SOA Dinner Show for our trip. We went way back in 1990 and had Catagory 1 seating so if we do go again will book the same as those seats were awesome. I have to look at the current menu, back then I believe it was much more authentic luau foods.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #2219
HappyMomma
Mouseketeer

Well, we told the kids yesterday about the trip. We wanted to keep it a secret until the day were were supposed to leave, but, we were terrified we'd accidentally spill the beans as we are planning. We got a huge box, wrapped it in red and white polka paper, put paper shred in the bottom with a Mickey, Minnie and a Donald stuffed toy, Disney beach towels for each kid, and a calendar marked with stickers on our trip days for the little one. We topped it off with Disney themed balloons and a letter from Mickey. When they opened the box the balloons popped out and jaws dropped. LOL! It was great fun!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #2220
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMomma View Post
Well, we told the kids yesterday about the trip. We wanted to keep it a secret until the day were were supposed to leave, but, we were terrified we'd accidentally spill the beans as we are planning. We got a huge box, wrapped it in red and white polka paper, put paper shred in the bottom with a Mickey, Minnie and a Donald stuffed toy, Disney beach towels for each kid, and a calendar marked with stickers on our trip days for the little one. We topped it off with Disney themed balloons and a letter from Mickey. When they opened the box the balloons popped out and jaws dropped. LOL! It was great fun!
That is awesome!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: