Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #2116
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Well, it's been 9 years since we've stayed at the Poly and I went ahead this evening and just did it. I booked the GV CL for our anniversary!
DH picked out the Poly, saying, these are his words, this is the resort we started at 20 years ago, it's only right we stay here now.

Showed him the new rehab pictures and he liked the new look, you know, he likes everything, lol. I think he's really looking forward to the CL, he always loved that lounge. We've enjoyed the Tonga longhouse many times throughout the years, but there is something about the first place you stayed at WDW that warms your heart!

Just cannot believe we'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
I will watch for a happy couple! I am taking dd for 18 bday. Split CSR and the 4/5-4/8 at Poly CL! I need to remember to thank dh again that he letting us go alone
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #2117
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz
Just wondering WHEN is a good time to put in a request for a particular building and HOW do I go about doing so? We are going in August and would really like to be in Samoa. I know there's no guarantee that we'll get it, but would like to at least put in a request. Thanks in advance for any information for this Poly newbie!!
I always put in the request when I make the reservation but you can make it at any time.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #2118
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom
Well, it's been 9 years since we've stayed at the Poly and I went ahead this evening and just did it. I booked the GV CL for our anniversary!
DH picked out the Poly, saying, these are his words, this is the resort we started at 20 years ago, it's only right we stay here now.

Showed him the new rehab pictures and he liked the new look, you know, he likes everything, lol. I think he's really looking forward to the CL, he always loved that lounge. We've enjoyed the Tonga longhouse many times throughout the years, but there is something about the first place you stayed at WDW that warms your heart!

Just cannot believe we'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
How perfect!!! You will love the Poly!!! Congrats and have a great trip!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #2119
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Question ???

I just saw mention about what was called " Dessert & Fireworks" at Captain Cooks as if it was something like the Dessert Party in MK at TT??? They were asking about using the DP.

My question is .......Is there a thing? I am so confused since Cap'ts Cooks is not a place you make ADRs at.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #2120
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Booked today for our 20th anniversary trip. Aug. 24th - Sep. 1st. My husband decided on a standard Theme Park View room for now and we requested Tuvalu 3rd floor. Might upgrade to CL depending on if we can get a discount for it between now and then. So so so excited. It'll be our first time at a deluxe and our first real vacation without kids since our honeymoon. <<< that's about how I feel right now.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #2121
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
Booked today for our 20th anniversary trip. Aug. 24th - Sep. 1st. My husband decided on a standard Theme Park View room for now and we requested Tuvalu 3rd floor. Might upgrade to CL depending on if we can get a discount for it between now and then. So so so excited. It'll be our first time at a deluxe and our first real vacation without kids since our honeymoon. <<< that's about how I feel right now.
Congratulations!

We have stayed TPV, 3rd floor in Tuvalu twice. It's a lovely location, with a feeling like you are right over the water and it's close to the GCH. On luau nights you can hear the music out on your balcony (but it's not so loud that you hear it inside with the sliders closed).

Good luck on finding a discount for CL. We have also stayed CL twice (the first time for our 10th anniversary). We really like the location and having the lounge for the extra space, enjoying a drink and dessert in the evening ...

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 03-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2122
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations on booking the Poly ....it's an awesome resort.....I'm sure you'll love it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #2123
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Congratulations!

We have stayed TPV, 3rd floor in Tuvalu twice. It's a lovely location, with a feeling like you are right over the water and it's close to the GCH. On luau nights you can hear the music out on your balcony (but it's not so loud that you hear it inside with the sliders closed).

Good luck on finding a discount for CL. We have also stayed CL twice (the first time for our 10th anniversary). We really like the location and having the lounge for the extra space, enjoying a drink and dessert in the evening ...
The view out directly over the water looks like it will be so wonderful. I scoured google looking for pictures taken from that location and found a few.

We're going to AoA in May with the kids and the husband and I will be getting APs. I'm hoping that either a bounceback offer or AP discount will pop up. Looking back I've seen that a number of discounts exclude CL so who knows. Can't hurt to hope though. Either way I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Does anyone know if you can get a press pot of the Kona coffee from room service or is that only available in Kona? Also how hard do you think it will be to get walk up or day before reservations to Kona? I have one for breakfast and one for dinner already set but I didn't want to fill in every single meal with reservations since this is supposed to be a relaxed low key trip.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #2124
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
The view out directly over the water looks like it will be so wonderful. I scoured google looking for pictures taken from that location and found a few.

We're going to AoA in May with the kids and the husband and I will be getting APs. I'm hoping that either a bounceback offer or AP discount will pop up. Looking back I've seen that a number of discounts exclude CL so who knows. Can't hurt to hope though. Either way I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Does anyone know if you can get a press pot of the Kona coffee from room service or is that only available in Kona? Also how hard do you think it will be to get walk up or day before reservations to Kona? I have one for breakfast and one for dinner already set but I didn't want to fill in every single meal with reservations since this is supposed to be a relaxed low key trip.
Here's a few of our Tuvalu pics:

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #2125
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm hoping that either a bounceback offer or AP discount will pop up. Looking back I've seen that a number of discounts exclude CL so who knows.
FYI - I just booked GV CL yesterday with a AAA discount - saved us about $380 on a five-night stay in August. It's still pricey, but that helped Our first time at the Poly we scored a 40% discount, which was amazing, but that was in 2010 and I don't think we'll be seeing those kinds of discounts anymore.
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-???
Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #2126
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I booked a bounce back offer from my stay at AKL last month... we're going in October and it will be our first time at the Poly! I'm all kinds of excited!

I've booked just a standard view (DH isn't one to fork over extra $$$ on the view since we really don't spend much time in our room... and this will be my family's first stay at a Deluxe, the only way I was able to splurge on that was due to the bounce back offer!) I think I'd like to request either Tahiti or Rapa Nui... is either one "better"?
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #2127
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Those are such lovely pictures, maiapapaya!! I can't wait to sit out on the porch in the morning and have a cup of coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post

I've booked just a standard view (DH isn't one to fork over extra $$$ on the view since we really don't spend much time in our room... and this will be my family's first stay at a Deluxe, the only way I was able to splurge on that was due to the bounce back offer!) I think I'd like to request either Tahiti or Rapa Nui... is either one "better"?
We plan on spending a lot of time in ours on this trip, thus the TPV.

If you haven't seen it yet, Tikiman's site has a really great run down of the pros and cons of each longhouse.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #2128
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We plan on spending a lot of time in ours on this trip, thus the TPV.

If you haven't seen it yet, Tikiman's site has a really great run down of the pros and cons of each longhouse.
I, personally, would LOVE a TPV! But we're the type of family that hits the parks running, from open to close. We really are only in the room to sleep and shower. This trip we are planning one non-park day but with 2 kids, we'll most likely be at the pool all day.

I just found Tikiman's site, thanks! Now off to read all the info there and get even more excited, if that's possible!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #2129
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I, personally, would LOVE a TPV! But we're the type of family that hits the parks running, from open to close. We really are only in the room to sleep and shower. This trip we are planning one non-park day but with 2 kids, we'll most likely be at the pool all day.

I just found Tikiman's site, thanks! Now off to read all the info there and get even more excited, if that's possible!
We're taking the kids in May for a stay at the AoA and that will be a planned to the hilt non-stop trip. The TPV anniversary trip is probably a once in a lifetime splurge, or at least a once for a very long time one.

Tikiman's site is a lot of fun to get lost in and has certainly helped with the getting excited part!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #2130
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
FYI - I just booked GV CL yesterday with a AAA discount - saved us about $380 on a five-night stay in August. It's still pricey, but that helped Our first time at the Poly we scored a 40% discount, which was amazing, but that was in 2010 and I don't think we'll be seeing those kinds of discounts anymore.
Did you have to go through AAA to book or were you able to get the discount directly through Disney?

Thanks!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: