Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #1531
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
Not sure if this belongs here, but I have a question:

We'll be there in a week (yay!), so I did online check-in. In choosing my preferences, I put "Tahiti" and "balcony" (we have a GV room). Before I finished with the online check-in process, my kids came in the room, and decided they wanted a patio room instead. I went back to try to change it, and the computer took "patio", but I couldn't delete "balcony" for the life of me! For those who haven't tried it, you check boxes for longhouses and views and stuff. The boxes don't un-check. So, now what do I do? I was thinking of calling the Poly next wseek, see if I could clarify. And the kids and I agreed that we'll live with whatever the tiki gods send us.
We're arriving at Poly next Saturday too! Thanks so much for posting about this (although I'm not sure how to answer your question.) We usually don't check in on-line. I might want to talk with the front desk CM about a different room assignment if we're not crazy about the original one, so we just wait until arrival. We did on-line at BC when we were just there for a few days and were fine with any assignment. But with the new system, I'm wondering if we should check in on-line. If you can request a balcony and even a longhouse on-line, it sounds like that may be the way to go. Interested to hear about any new experiences with the new on-line check-in format at Poly.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #1532
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We're arriving at Poly next Saturday too! Thanks so much for posting about this (although I'm not sure how to answer your question.) We usually don't check in on-line. I might want to talk with the front desk CM about a different room assignment if we're not crazy about the original one, so we just wait until arrival. We did on-line at BC when we were just there for a few days and were fine with any assignment. But with the new system, I'm wondering if we should check in on-line. If you can request a balcony and even a longhouse on-line, it sounds like that may be the way to go. Interested to hear about any new experiences with the new on-line check-in format at Poly.
I'll be there with DD9 and DS6, so if you have kids, look for us by the pool. (If you don't have kids, enjoy the solitude and avoid us--really, I don't mind!)

You could request a longhouse (including Hawaii, which I found interesting), and they had several room options (patio, balcony, third floor, etc.). You're supposed to pick no more than two--all the more reason I don't understand why I had three listed, and couldn't delete one. In another section on amenities, you could request first available room, which would override any longhouse preference.

Also, I had serious issues with my Disney rewards card as the "hold" credit card. I'm not sure why--I triple-checked the numbers, it simply wouldn't take it. I ended up using a different card.

On the good side, they pulled all my stuff together on the "My Reservations" section. I hadn't had that up until this point. I had booked the package through AAA, made some dining reservations on-line, and also did a few things by phone, like the Wishes dessert party. So, it was great to see it all together, and of course, the kids were thrilled to see their names listed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #1533
omgninjas
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! For whatever reason, disney's website knows nothing about any of the rooms at Tonga, and we're trying to squeeze a group of 7 (5 adults, 2 kids) into a single room! Definitely not for the faint of heart.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #1534
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here

I have the option to check in now, but we are hoping to come back a day earlier than we are scheduled for. (We'd rather come home on a Saturday to have an extra day to clean up before work.)

Should I check in now or wait until my return date is 100% firm? We're flying Southwest, so changing our flight shouldn't be too much of an issue.

**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #1535
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgninjas View Post
Thanks guys! For whatever reason, disney's website knows nothing about any of the rooms at Tonga, and we're trying to squeeze a group of 7 (5 adults, 2 kids) into a single room! Definitely not for the faint of heart.
If you click on deluxe resorts and then Polynesian, the 1-bedroom suite is listed as the last option on the page. It's under "Rooms with Club Level Service." Lots of photos of the one-bedroom suite, but it only sleeps "up to five."
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #1536
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
I'll be there with DD9 and DS6, so if you have kids, look for us by the pool. (If you don't have kids, enjoy the solitude and avoid us--really, I don't mind!)

You could request a longhouse (including Hawaii, which I found interesting), and they had several room options (patio, balcony, third floor, etc.). You're supposed to pick no more than two--all the more reason I don't understand why I had three listed, and couldn't delete one. In another section on amenities, you could request first available room, which would override any longhouse preference.
Thanks again for the additional information - I think we'll do on-line check-in this time and request Samoa first and Fiji second. We already listed a request for Samoa, balcony, facing volcano pool, but you never know what will be available and the tiki gods are always good to us, so it will work out in the end!

We'll look for you! We're only there for three nights before we transfer to BWI. We have three boys, ages 6, 12 and 13. They are neither quiet nor shy. Our 6-year-old really loves making friends and they definitely plan to swim in the afternoon!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #1537
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Quote:
Thanks again for the additional information - I think we'll do on-line check-in this time and request Samoa first and Fiji second. We already listed a request for Samoa, balcony, facing volcano pool, but you never know what will be available and the tiki gods are always good to us, so it will work out in the end!

We'll look for you! We're only there for three nights before we transfer to BWI. We have three boys, ages 6, 12 and 13. They are neither quiet nor shy. Our 6-year-old really loves making friends and they definitely plan to swim in the afternoon!
That's the thing--you can't make first and second choices. You can only check a box next to the longhouse name. And then, you can't un-check it. I'm going to try calling to see if I can clarify my patio/balcony situation.

P.S. My little guy will be wearing a rainbow tie-dye bathing suit, and would love to have a swimming buddy. Since we're from New Hampshire, any temperature above 50 is considered shorts and swimming weather to my kids.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #1538
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OMG you are my twin sister! They are the same requests I always make when we stay gv at the Poly - Samoa first, Fiji second.

We had a great third floor Samoa room facing the volcano pool and a really nice Fiji third floor room facing the beach/GF. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #1539
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for this information and advice! We requested Samoa, 3rd floor, facing volcano pool. If you have a moment when you return, please let us know whether the noise was a problem around the volcano pool. Maybe "facing volcano pool" will be enough, or maybe should just throw in the towel and request Fiji to distance ourselves.

Continue to enjoy - hope you see sunnier skies (and hear less noise) tomorrow!
I think if you are on the other side of Samoa facing the pool you should be ok. We were facing the noise. I am sorry, we weren't in the resort yesterday and the construction worked stopped today for the weekend, so I cannot say for sure. Samoa is such a great location!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1540
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Have there been any rumors or signs of what remodeling is being done to CL lounges?? Worst case we'll know hopefully know soon when it opens

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #1541
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Arriving in 3 days!! Yay!! Started packing and cannot find my little notebook of important info. Most of it is likely in my head anyway, BUT can't seem to find my list of rooms 3rd floor Tahiti with views obstructed by trees! Tried Tink & a few other websites. Does anyone know offhand what the rooms are or where such a list is? I know I had one but cannot for the life of me recall where I got it. THanks.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 01-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #1542
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We will be there at the same time, too. We check in on the 24th. We requested Samoa ground floor facing volcano pool. So hopefully the gods will be good to both of us and we will be right below you.

We have 3 kids. 4 year old boy, 7 year old girl and 9 year old girl. Our youngest boy (Jack) wears blue glasses. Wave at us if you see us!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #1543
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Cool

Just booked our GV CL stay for May!!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #1544
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I am not a fan of a split stay, BUT if it is the only way to stay at the Poly this summer, I will do it.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #1545
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

When should I call to put requests on my reservation? Also, for online check-in, does it really speed up the process when you arrive? Reason I ask, our plane does not land until 6:25 p.m. and we made an ADR for O'hana's for 8:15. We'll be using ME. Will it actually be feasible to make dinner on time with having to check in 1st? Never had to arrive this late, always did early flights in so I'm kind of frantic getting in so late and wanting at least a nice dinner and fireworks from the beach at 10....just hope all goes well so I can avoid stroking-out !

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: