Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #1501
ThreeLittleLadies
Earning My Ears

Help with first Poly trip.

Sorry! I got buried the first time I posted this. Can any of you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleLadies View Post
We have our second ever trip booked in April. It will be our first stay at the Poly! We are all super excited!

Here are my questions-
1- I booked our trip with the latest discount released in early January. I, of course, received a pin code in the mail the next week. If I call can they switch my reservation to the pin code discount if it's a better deal than the current offer?

2- What's the best way to get the LH that we want? We didn't make a specific request on our last trip because we didn't really care, but I definitely have a LH and level in mind. I used online check in last time, and from what I've read on here that is not the best way to get the room you want. Is that correct? Do I call ahead of time and request a specific LH? When and where do I check in? I'm so confused!

TIA!

1st trip- Caribbean Beach March 2010
2nd trip- Poly April 2013
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #1502
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleLadies View Post
Sorry! I got buried the first time I posted this. Can any of you help me?
Here are my questions-
1- I booked our trip with the latest discount released in early January. I, of course, received a pin code in the mail the next week. If I call can they switch my reservation to the pin code discount if it's a better deal than the current offer?

YES, I did this and had no problem... As long as they have the rooms. Just call and see what they can do.
I dont know about your 2nd ? Sorrry

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #1503
ThreeLittleLadies
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Here are my questions-

YES, I did this and had no problem... As long as they have the rooms. Just call and see what they can do.
I dont know about your 2nd ? Sorrry

Thank you! I will give them a call ASAP!

Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #1504
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
No problem...we arrive March 4th
However, I am trying to think positive and I am not even sure my girls would use the slide without one of us going down with them so maybe it won't be that bad....I want to be on the monorail and no other resort is available for discounts like I got with Poly.
Tikiman says February 18-28 so fingers crossed he is right~

Looks like we will be there the same time!!! it is our first onsite stay and I am excited about that part of it...sometimes I wish I didnt find this site and overthink and overplan my trips...LOL
We've stayed at Port Orleans several times and at Poly last time and loved. I'm sure you'll really like it and monorail access is awesome. Even without the slide I'm the pool will be nice. I can probably live without the pool slide but our kids (all older) might be disappointed.

We made our reservations using the 35% discount in December, so if I were to switch to Beach Club I'd end up paying significantly more because the discount is a bit less and only more expensive rooms are available with the current discount.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #1505
Kac923
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo View Post
Well, that sucks. Thanks for calling though. Have to determine if we want to switch or not -- full pool will be open first few days we are there we planned on March 4 for resort/pool day and that will be the first day the slide is closed.
Just to caution you: I switched from Poly to CR last year because we were only going to be there 3 days with only 1 day at resort (other two days at parks). It was our first stay and wanted it to be perfect. Found out the slide would be closed so switched to tower at CR in a theme park view room. Paid $200 more. Got there and found the CR slide closed and also the little splash area not working. was shocked as there had been no discussion of it on here and nobody mentioned it at resort check-in. It was fine, kids were disappointed for a minute and then got over it. Moral of the story: you NEVER know if everything will be functional so stay where you want MOST to be.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #1506
pokes1613
Earning My Ears

Just got back from a week at the Poly for Marathon Weekend. It was our first time to stay at a Deluxe Resort. It was overall a great resort and great week! I officially love the Poly now and can't wait to go back!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #1507
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

"2- What's the best way to get the LH that we want? We didn't make a specific request on our last trip because we didn't really care, but I definitely have a LH and level in mind. I used online check in last time, and from what I've read on here that is not the best way to get the room you want. Is that correct? Do I call ahead of time and request a specific LH? When and where do I check in? I'm so confused!"

We always have our TA add a LH request onto our ressie then we wait to check in until we get there. My current request is "Tokelau, 1st floor, facing quiet pool". So far we've gotten the requests we wanted but we go at a quiet time too. Some people say you are more likely to get the LH you want if you check in at the resort as opposed to online, but I don't know if that's true. I would just like the option of asking the CM at the front desk if we can change. I haven't had to but I like to know it's there. GL!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #1508
ThreeLittleLadies
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
"2- What's the best way to get the LH that we want? We didn't make a specific request on our last trip because we didn't really care, but I definitely have a LH and level in mind. I used online check in last time, and from what I've read on here that is not the best way to get the room you want. Is that correct? Do I call ahead of time and request a specific LH? When and where do I check in? I'm so confused!"

We always have our TA add a LH request onto our ressie then we wait to check in until we get there. My current request is "Tokelau, 1st floor, facing quiet pool". So far we've gotten the requests we wanted but we go at a quiet time too. Some people say you are more likely to get the LH you want if you check in at the resort as opposed to online, but I don't know if that's true. I would just like the option of asking the CM at the front desk if we can change. I haven't had to but I like to know it's there. GL!
Thanks for the info!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #1509
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Hey guys we are here now, thank you for all your advice. Wanted to warn all of upon if you're going soon and have children that nap... They are renovating Hawaii and it is LOUD! We tried to rest in the room 3-5 land it was super loud. No huge deal for us.. Our youngest is five, but wanted to warn you all. We are on the third floor of Tokelau near Hawaii on the third floor facing the quiet pool.

WE LOVE POLY! Once it is renovated I am sure it will be even more amazing. We like poly way more than GF. Just ate at Kona for dinner.. Delicious! I totally understand the complaints about the rooms needing a bit of work, our bathroom faucets are old and pretty bad, but other than that love the room. The tokelau rooms are super big . The crowds here are incredibly light too. Thanks everyone!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #1510
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
Hey guys we are here now, thank you for all your advice. Wanted to warn all of upon if you're going soon and have children that nap... They are renovating Hawaii and it is LOUD! We tried to rest in the room 3-5 land it was super loud. No huge deal for us.. Our youngest is five, but wanted to warn you all. We are on the third floor of Tokelau near Hawaii on the third floor facing the quiet pool.

WE LOVE POLY! Once it is renovated I am sure it will be even more amazing. We like poly way more than GF. Just ate at Kona for dinner.. Delicious! I totally understand the complaints about the rooms needing a bit of work, our bathroom faucets are old and pretty bad, but other than that love the room. The tokelau rooms are super big . The crowds here are incredibly light too. Thanks everyone!
Uh oh, I didn't anticipate it being loud outside of Hawaii...I thought it would be contained inside. What are their hours when they are the loudest? We requested Tokelau but maybe another LH further away would be better? I don't have napping kids but I do have a chronically ill child that may need some quiet time.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #1511
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

We are facing Hawaii, right near the worst of it. If you were down closer to the other end it might be better, or even facing the other way. My dh and dd5 slept through it, but for the other three of us, it was too loud for resting. They are up on the third floor doing what seems to be demo and then having to get the demoed pieces down three floors and into a vehicle which beeps when it is in reverse.. This went on from at least 3-5 pm. On Tuesday it was so different, no noise, peaceful and serene. Definitely not a "relax on the balcony" atmosphere today. It was cold and rainy, thank god... I would not pick a location this close to the work if you can help it. Good luck!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #1512
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are facing Hawaii, right near the worst of it. If you were down closer to the other end it might be better, or even facing the other way. My dh and dd5 slept through it, but for the other three of us, it was too loud for resting. They are up on the third floor doing what seems to be demo and then having to get the demoed pieces down three floors and into a vehicle which beeps when it is in reverse.. This went on from at least 3-5 pm. On Tuesday it was so different, no noise, peaceful and serene. Definitely not a "relax on the balcony" atmosphere today. It was cold and rainy, thank god... I would not pick a location this close to the work if you can help it. Good luck!
Glad you are having a good time and like the Poly. I cant wait to go in September. If you have a chance I would love to see some pictures to get me through these cold Wisconsin days

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #1513
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for this information and advice! We requested Samoa, 3rd floor, facing volcano pool. If you have a moment when you return, please let us know whether the noise was a problem around the volcano pool. Maybe "facing volcano pool" will be enough, or maybe should just throw in the towel and request Fiji to distance ourselves.

Continue to enjoy - hope you see sunnier skies (and hear less noise) tomorrow!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #1514
Debrn
Mouseketeer

On hold now with CR they called Poly and were told no volcano slide closings listed!
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #1515
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
On hold now with CR they called Poly and were told no volcano slide closings listed!
That would be great! I wish it was consistent information given out!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: