Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Travel Bags

Was wondering if anyone has used these color coded travel bags:

http://www.flight001.com/all-products/go-clean.html

I found them on-line and they look pretty durable, I was just curious if anyone here has any feedback on the quality. If you haven't seen them before check out the link. I especially like the Wet Bag that they offer and was thinking the Gym Bag would be nice after going to the gym in the morning. I can't say I'm familiar with this Company at all.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Cool idea, but they seem a bit overpriced to me.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Cant you do the same thing with re-sealable ziplock bags? Or Publix bags?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Those are kinda pricey, before buying I would want to know if you can put a dry bathsuit in the "wet suit" bag? Also, how much lingerie does one bring on a trip? Seems like a big undies bag, personally I would want the "stuff" bag to be bigger and the undies bag smaller.

I love travel stuff, but I guess I just can't see the need for pricey labeled color coded labeled bags.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Kimberle
WL Vet

I guess if you travel a lot, they'd work. However, since they are not clear, you might forget what is in each bag.

I use regular ziplock bags. They come in larger sizes, too. I'll pack 1 complete outfit for each day, top, pants, undergarments, and socks. You just grab 1 bag.You don't have to worry about overpacking or "matching".

When I get home, everything is washed, even if it wasn't worn.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
bits-n-pieces
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Cant you do the same thing with re-sealable ziplock bags? Or Publix bags?
I was thinking the same thing...I do this every trip with the large ziplock baggies and am only out about $5.00.

bits-n-pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

I've been doing the ziplock thing for a while now, including the larger size bag. I feel the same way about the price, but wasn't sure if these launder well -seems like I can get several good uses out of the ziploks before they get crappy. I would rather just throw the bag in the laundry to clean them as opposed to tossing another ziplok into the trash.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

It seems to me that the drawcords and bunching on top would waste a lot of space in your suitcase.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
mattincanberra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
I've been doing the ziplock thing for a while now, including the larger size bag. I feel the same way about the price, but wasn't sure if these launder well -seems like I can get several good uses out of the ziploks before they get crappy. I would rather just throw the bag in the laundry to clean them as opposed to tossing another ziplok into the trash.
I think these are cute, but they don't appear to seal at all so i would think the wet bag just gets stinky in your luggage.

I do a reasonable amount of travel - I use a combination of Zip Lock Bags and packing cubes. I pack each "type" of item in a different packing cube, and then use either a extra large Zip Lock bag for laundry, and keep a gallon sized one for throwing wet stuff into.
mattincanberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
dixiegirl
sorry but those dolls really creep me out!

Nice idea in theory but seem overpriced and they don't zipper or really seal in any way. I use packing cubes to keep my stuff organized and then keep a ziploc bag in the bottom of each cube for the trip home to put any dirty or wet items.

Plus I like the fact that I can just pull out the packing cubes, unzip them, roll the top of the cube back and put them directly in the dresser to unpack. It's so easy and keeps everything neat.

POR Annual Oct trips 10/96-10/13
Next trip - 10/17/14-10/25/14 POR
dixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Put me on the list of 'Ziplock bag' people. They are cheap, easy to us, waterproof and the biggest plus to me, disposable. I always pack extra for the journey home and throw out the disgusting ones. Not really great for the environment but it's efficient and the bags are clear so the TSA can clearly see what's packed in them if they need to inspect the bag. It makes repacking easier too.

While these look nicer I can easily do the same with a Ziplock bag and a sharpy marker. :P

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: