Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
MamaLema
Mouseketeer
I must eat at least one avocado a day!
Tying up Sayid and leaving Sawyer to die doesn't score brownie points with me

What do you consider good airfare from Buffalo?

We have been to WDW 4 times, and we drove each time. I am trying to convince DH to fly this time.

What would be a good price from Buffalo for the following times:

end of December
March Break

Thank you
MamaLema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
lizabu
DIS Veteran

We fly from Detroit so its a simular distance. Last time we paid $220. I think anything under $250 is acceptable.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

Thats exactly what I was going to say. Anything under 250. I miss the old days when we flew for under a 100
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey mom View Post
Thats exactly what I was going to say. Anything under 250. I miss the old days when we flew for under a 100

Ditto We paid $250 for Sept. Pre 2011 that would have been about $150 all in.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
TheBig2na
Mouseketeer

you can also check allegiant air out of niagara falls new york. $130 taxes in return. unbelievable prices.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
ThinkTink!
All it takes is faith and trust. Oh! And something I forgot. Dust!

For comparison, we fly out in November from Buffalo and I was able to get a JetBlue flight for $149.80 (one-way, taxes incld.) which includes 1 checked bag.

Our return flight is with WestJet and flys into Hamilton for $178.48 (taxes incld.) which also includes 1 checked bag.

Both flights are non-stop. We usually fly Southwest but the cheap flights were at poor times (e.g. 6:00 a.m. - no thanks!).

I know these are non-peak times but hope they offer some assistance!

ThinkTink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

I bought flights for Sept back in May-ish......spent over $250 per flight return. BUT, they have come down to $110 each way. Which to me is a great deal, from BUF to MCO. $220 a person round trip is great.

I paid roughly just over that for my November trip last year.

Your looking for peak times, so you will pay more. Im thinking, closer to the $350 range, maybe even upwards of $400, depending on WHEN you book them. Book at the right time, and you may be on the lower end. I booked when my flights were a bit higher BUT now have a wonderful credit in my account that I will be using on my flights for a cruise in just over a yr. I fly several times a year, so this works. Looking for peak flights, you need to be diligent in watching for prices. See something that looks good, grab it. If you see it come down again, call for a credit.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I agree....$250 is a good price now. I paid $295/person for my July. I did expect to pay a little more because it was through the July 4th holiday but it never dipped below what I paid and I was not able to take the NS flights.

I also miss the days of flying for $150 ....many times it was even less. I remember a sale a few years back on SW that was $35/ticket for flights in July.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
webworm
DIS Veteran

You can get deals if you don't limit yourself to Buffalo airport. We live in Oakville and have flown out of Rochester, Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Youngstown, OH. Paid $496 for 4 tickets during March Break 2011 with Allegiant from Youngstown.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
sparky309442
Earning My Ears

DW and I have flown out of Buffalo 3 of the last 4 years. We flew in June once and July/August twice. The most we paid was $560 return for 2 of us. The lowest we paid was $400 return. That's American prices including taxes. The prices did drop after we booked, but we were out of the window to get a refund for the difference. If you feel comfortable waiting, about 6 weeks out from your vacation, the prices will be usually at their best. We flew out of Toronto the other year because we didn't think the price would drop, and after we paid out over $700 buck (gotta love those "International taxes" taxes) the prices dropped.
sparky309442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky309442 View Post
DW and I have flown out of Buffalo 3 of the last 4 years. We flew in June once and July/August twice. The most we paid was $560 return for 2 of us. The lowest we paid was $400 return. That's American prices including taxes. The prices did drop after we booked, but we were out of the window to get a refund for the difference. If you feel comfortable waiting, about 6 weeks out from your vacation, the prices will be usually at their best. We flew out of Toronto the other year because we didn't think the price would drop, and after we paid out over $700 buck (gotta love those "International taxes" taxes) the prices dropped.

Just out of curiousity, what carrier did you fly with that put you 'out of your window to get a price drop'. I am flying with Jetblue tomorrow and yesterday my prices dropped another $20/ flight. Got a credit. They also dropped back in July, got a credit then as well. Just wondering, that's all
Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
dreamingdarcy
Earning My Ears

We have a long drive no matter whether we fly out of Toronto or Buffalo. So, which airport (other than pricing) is easier to fly from? I find Toronto so big that I feel like I have walked half way to my destination before I even get on the plane. What is Buffalo like.............or Detroit? Have never flown from either.
dreamingdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Buffalo is small and very very easy to navigate. I will choose it over Toronto any time I can.

As far as good price. These days I am fine with 250 return, but am usually able to get it down to 220 or maybe 200 with a good sale. That would be non-stop flights on Jetblue or Southwest and free bags.

If you can fly mid week you'll have better luck. The only non-stop home from our recent trip was at 7:05 a.m. which had us at the airport for 5a.m.
That wasn't fun, but it was nice to get home early and have a full last day.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingdarcy View Post
We have a long drive no matter whether we fly out of Toronto or Buffalo. So, which airport (other than pricing) is easier to fly from? I find Toronto so big that I feel like I have walked half way to my destination before I even get on the plane. What is Buffalo like.............or Detroit? Have never flown from either.

Buffalo is wonderful It is sooooo easy. Right from parking your car, or being dropped off, to coming home. It is really is super easy. I've flown out of both. Living in Niagara Falls area, Im so much closer to BUF, that hands down, I only travel from there. For me, going to TO, means getting a hotel over night.

To compare, Toronto wants you at the airport, almost 3 hours before your flight. Buffalo, only 90 minutes. Security, in Toronto, you may wait FOREVER. Buffalo, you may wait 10-15 minutes in line, you may breeze right through. It's a very simple process. Toronto, huge airport, different terminals. Buffalo, nice small easy walking airport. One terminal.

I find flight times there are great with the carriers I choose. I only fly Jetblue, as I have points with them. Although, in the past, I have flown SW and enjoyed them as well. I get GREAT flight times, don't typically have layovers, depends where Im flying tho (doing Houston in Jan and HAVE to layover in JFK). Coming back from Orlando in a week and have a 2:00 departure. Works great. They usually have at least 2 nonstop flights a day.

And with Buf, there is no clearing customs or any of that nonsense. Its just your border crossing. Which is a breeze compared to Toronto customs. I've been hauled into there office more times than I can count because of having the same name and birth date as another woman from my region, for having an interesting shirt to them....its ridiculous. Id rather cross at the border, and just be on my way.

Plus, you get cheap booze at duty free on the way home
Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

We prefer Buffalo, but have never flown in the winter..

We paid 249 one way for Sept...gone are the 99 dollar days...
momtoamulan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: