Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #46
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Your title totally got me! All I can say is at least you didn't say something else.

Congratulations! I sat here with tears in my eyes looking at the pics and the CM giving you not only the wedding ears, but having your names engraved on them set the tears in motion.

And I agree, that one pic is fantastic for Save The Date!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #47
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm in! Congrats on the engagement! How exciting to be proposed to in front of the Castle!

We were actually there at the same time; only we were there on our honeymoon! We were there August 13th to the 19th! I'll be on the lookout to see if we make it into any of your pictures! I'll be starting a TR soon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #48
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Your title totally got me! All I can say is at least you didn't say something else.

Congratulations! I sat here with tears in my eyes looking at the pics and the CM giving you not only the wedding ears, but having your names engraved on them set the tears in motion.

And I agree, that one pic is fantastic for Save The Date!
I agree also! I'm glad you liked them! DF still holds it against me that I didn't cry, so I'm glad you had enough tears for the both of us! I swore that I would've cried when he proposed, but I was just too overwhelmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm in! Congrats on the engagement! How exciting to be proposed to in front of the Castle!

We were actually there at the same time; only we were there on our honeymoon! We were there August 13th to the 19th! I'll be on the lookout to see if we make it into any of your pictures! I'll be starting a TR soon.
That would be funny! Congratulations to you too! I hope you had as much fun as we did! It was such a fun week and great time to go!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #49
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

After taking a break on my report for a few days, I'm anxious to jump back in! It's been a pretty busy week with back to school, 14 new preschool munchkins and a cold, do you think there's any correlation?! Ugh, anyway- with my resort mug in one hand filled with hot tea, I'm ready to continue !

We walked through France, onto our way to the Toy Soldier where I remembered learning on the Disboards, that Pooh and Tigger hid in the back of the store. It was raining so I was ready to head inside anyway. We quickly found them in the back with the set-up looking like a bedroom. The line was really short, the cast member informed us that she the line was closed and Tigger and Pooh were going to take a break...but then she saw our buttons and said "Oh, I didn't know you were celebrating, I think I can let you two through!" Whew! Getting engaged in Disney was paying off, you know besides getting a future husband and all , I got to meet Tigger and Pooh right away So we hopped on line and waited for a group in front of us. I LOVED our interaction with Tigger and Pooh! It was my favorite of the trip (Chip and Dale were a very close second!) They were told that we just engaged so the interaction began with that, Tigger danced the "If you like it then you should've put a ring on it dance," and then got down on his knee to propose to me - he was great!

I'm so happy that all of the characters took the time to celebrate with us!

We went through the UK pavilion and onto Canada to do a little exploring before we headed to our 6 o'clock reservation at Le Cellier which we were going to go early for...again, because I was starving! In and out some of the shops, passed the waterfall, skipped the movie, and quicker than we expected ended up at Le Cellier. Admittedly, I was anxious, so I probably breezed through the Canadian pavilion quicker than I should've, but I have been hearing such great things about Le Cellier! We went in and waited for about 10-15 minutes before we got seated. Forgive me, but I do not remember what province we were seated in, but it was just beautiful inside. Our waitress was wonderful! She was so friendly and knowledgeable! As we looked over our menus, we were seated next to a couple maybe in their 50s, who complained about almost everything. They complained to our waitress that they were charged 49.50 for a bottle of wine that was listed at 39.50. After the waitress kindly showed them the price as listed as 49.50, the price they were charged, they really went off. "If this was my last meal on earth, I still wouldn't eat here," "I have never been so ripped off in my life," "Sick of her chatter, all I want is for you to serve us and keep your trap closed," (referring to the waitress' very friendly recommendations on the menu and small talk) DF and I just stared at each other, baffled by some people's attitudes. If this was any indication of our meal, we were in for it! I had listed DF's birthday on all of our dinner reservations, so we were given souvenir birthday menus to keep! The waitress brought out our bread, delicious! Pretzel bread = addiction!

We then ordered the Poutine fries as an appetizer, I cannot recommend or praise these enough! We (read- I) devoured them! The truffle salt, red wine reduction, and cheddar all on top of the most delicious fries, just heaven!

I ordered the mushroom filet with risotto- it was wonderful!

DF ordered the Canadian Prime New York Strip Steak- and he loved it!

We ended with the maple creme brulee, we broke the food reviewers rule and ordered the same dessert, but it sounded so good to the both of us and we weren't willing to share!

Overall, this restaurant gets two thumbs up from me, DF didn't like the 2 dining credit price tag and said he probably wouldn't go back for that reason, but I would do it again! No question!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #50
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on the engagement!!! LOVE the photos, you both look so happy! I don't have a "good" engagement story, so I always applaud (and envy) others. Looks like you had a truly magical trip! Can't wait to read more!
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #51
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

The pictures with Pooh and Tigger are adorable!

I love Le Cellier too, but we went for lunch so it was only one credit (oct 2011). It was worth it. BTW..the provence is Quebec in Canada.

I absolutely hate it when people try to argue and upset the waitresses/waiters when at restaurants to get something for cheaper or free. To me it's like if you can't afford to be there or order wine, then don't do it! We went out for supper at a nice restaurant in our town a few days ago the person sitting at the table beside us complained so much to everyone that would listen that she ended getting her whole meal for free including her wine. Our meals where absolutely delish, so don't know what the issue was.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #52
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

Congrats on your Engagement!!!! I can't wait to follow along for the rest of your trip!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Old 09-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #53
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read! We overlapped -- we were at Pop from Aug. 10-18, 80's, building 9! We really enjoyed our first stay there! Congrats on your engagement....can't wait to read more!!
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * March 2015 Disney Dream

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #54
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Our day in Hollywood..

The next day at rope drop started like the others, we woke up bright and early, took another shower, (those we couldn't get enough of after the August heat), and went to Classic Hall for our breakfast. Every morning we tried something new, this time I went with the breakfast croissant, sausage, egg, and topped with a whole lot of cheese. It was good, but I think it was just a lot for me in the morning.

I don't know where DF's breakfast was, I think this may have been the day that I went down without him, by the time he got there, I probably forgot to get a picture of his meal. Shame on me.

We headed out to our bus stop, with the Florida sun already beating down on us. Waiting on those bus lines was not a great part of the trip, but I have to admit, the lines at All-Stars were much, much longer than this, so not much complaining from me!

Get a fan, they're life-savers!

We got there at rope drop, and we had decided that we were going to take it easy this day and not go with mad rush and fight to make it to Toy Story Mania. After all, we only really wanted to get to Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3D, and our lunch reservation at Sci Fi Dine In. We sucked it up and did some rides that were hyped up and just didn't live up to it for us at the parks, so we figured we'd skip this one too. Well, we wandered around taking pictures here and there, our main mission was to make it to Muppet Vision 3D and Star Tours. These weren't open yet, a cast member saw us walking around and told us to try out TSM, the wait should only be about 30 min. I said, what the heck, after seeing the wait time at about 3 hrs. before, I knew this would be the time to ride if we were going to, so we walked over to Pixar Place and got in line.

The queue wasn't too bad, and the wait was just about 30 min. like she said. I would have to say, that was the longest we waited in line the entire trip. That's not too bad! The ride was great, my arm was so tired after! After our decision-making earlier, we proved to be wrong, we would ride again, I don't think we would wait in a 2 hour line, but we would do it again!

Leaving Pixar Place, we spotted this little treasure, just what I needed on a hot, hot day like this one- a nice, cool mist!

And I could go for a real one of those too, did I mention I am a Coca-Cola addict! I know water is great on a hot day, but nothing beats a coke either!

We made our way back to Tatooine for our Star Tours adventure. I have to mention that I get motion sick on just about anything and everything that moves. Doesn't get to me on roller coasters really, but some boats, cars, planes, and Star Tours! DF and I are kind of star wars nerds and I hate that I can't take the ride, so I push myself on it every time we go! I know, not a good idea! Well, after hearing about the new show, this time was no different! This is DF's favorite ride, but I found myself with my eyes closed most of the time to avoid getting sick. After a brief stint on the bench outside to collect we went back to Muppet Vision 3D. This is such a fun show, it's a Disney classic for me and a must do when we're there!

By the time we got out of Muppet Vision, it was time for lunch! How time flies when you're in Disney. The days should be much longer when you're down there!! I was so disappointed that we wouldn't be going to Sci-Fi this time around after we made our reservations, so last minute I booked an 11:30 lunch. I don't really go for the food, but for the great atmosphere. It's a really quiet restaurant and a nice, cool place to go to in the middle of the day. We got there around said time and were seated within 10 minutes of arriving. We were seated in the back of a car up front near the screen where another family was already seated in front of us. I always am in awe when I see the place, I just love it!

I ordered a reuben and DF got the All-American Picnic Burger. The food was good enough for lunch, just like diner food.

And then we ended with a vanilla milkshake, yum!

DF wasn't thrilled with it and says he could go without going again, but I don't agree with him, I think it's a great place to go for lunch while in HS.

We rode The Great Movie Ride, and I was kind of hoping that DF would miss it and we didn't have to go on, but it's one of his top rides in WDW and thus, we made it on! This ride, for some reason, creeps me out! I have not the slightest clue why, but somewhere between the gangster fight, Alien, the creepy munchkins in the Wizard of Oz, I'm ready to hitchhike it out of there! I'm still baffled as to why it creeps me out so much!

During our HS day, we walked around a lot, in and out of stores, but I wanted to make it to Starring Rolls Cafe. I have to tell you that DF was glad that I've been on the Disboards and could try out some things that we have not tried before! This place was one of those referrals that we just had to try! We were stuffed from the Sci-Fi lunch, so we were leaving anyway as the rain was starting to come down and were finished with our day in Hollywood, so we ordered 2 cupcakes to go. Do you think you can guess which ones?

I'll give you a hint, DF is allergic to carrots, so no carrot cake, and we love peanut butter and chocolate!

Chocolate peanut butter cupcake and...

the much talked about Butterfinger cupcake!

We actually ended up eating the chocolate peanut butter cupcake there, because the box she gave us was only big enough for one. Well, there was only one thing to do then, eat the other cupcake right there! It was in one word- rich! It was a lot of chocolate! Although, it was very good, we just couldn't finish it! It was a lot of a good thing and a sin not to finish it, but alas we had lots more eating to do and Rose & Crown Pub was getting close! So we walked through the rain to the very last bus stop in HS for POP and waited for our bus to take us back to our resort to clean up before dinner!

Next up, Rose & Crown Pub and a very happy Hat Lady

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #55
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Ugh! Sorry for my sideways pictures, I just couldn't get them to straighten out!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #56
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickymaria View Post
Congratulations on the engagement!!! LOVE the photos, you both look so happy! I don't have a "good" engagement story, so I always applaud (and envy) others. Looks like you had a truly magical trip! Can't wait to read more!
Aw, well I'm glad you enjoyed our story! And every engagement story is special! Thank you for reading along, I love having more readers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Congrats on your Engagement!!!! I can't wait to follow along for the rest of your trip!
Thank you so much! And thank you for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters2WDW View Post
Can't wait to read! We overlapped -- we were at Pop from Aug. 10-18, 80's, building 9! We really enjoyed our first stay there! Congrats on your engagement....can't wait to read more!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it- we loved staying at POP, would absolutely do it again! We may have seen each other in the pool and not even known it Thank you and thank you for reading along!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #57
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
The pictures with Pooh and Tigger are adorable!

I love Le Cellier too, but we went for lunch so it was only one credit (oct 2011). It was worth it. BTW..the provence is Quebec in Canada.

I absolutely hate it when people try to argue and upset the waitresses/waiters when at restaurants to get something for cheaper or free. To me it's like if you can't afford to be there or order wine, then don't do it! We went out for supper at a nice restaurant in our town a few days ago the person sitting at the table beside us complained so much to everyone that would listen that she ended getting her whole meal for free including her wine. Our meals where absolutely delish, so don't know what the issue was.
Thank you, I think those might be my favorite pictures from the trip!

I thought it was worth it too, and even with two credits! I just couldn't get enough of those fries!

I totally agree and I don't understand it! I thought the service at Le Cellier was wonderful, the food was great, I don't get it!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #58
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

An English night..

We left HS needing a shower and a change of clothes after another sudden rainstorm, so we headed that way and planned to take a break in the room for an hour before heading out again to Epcot for dinner. We did just that and DF and I fell asleep and got up feeling like "ugh! I know I have to get up but I could've slept another 7 hours!" If you've trekked it through WDW non-stop you know what I'm talking about! I think people run on fumes and pixie dust, because no one, especially those with kids I'm betting, get much sleep on a Disney vacation!

So tonight our reservations were for Rose and Crown Pub and I was pretty excited about trying this, it was new for us and I was ready to drink beer and have some fish and chips! The cast members were so friendly here and they handed us a beeper and said it would be about 10 minutes, so we headed into the pub and got a few beers. Once we got outside our beeper went off and we were seated inside near the windows. This was a 6:00 reservation so we weren't going to be seeing Illuminations from there. Our waiter was from the Jersey Islands, I only remember because DF asked where exactly it was and said we are from New Jersey. Anyways, he was very attuned to our silliness, as we aren't big drinkers and a couple already have us in a giggle fit , he was very fun and we enjoyed the conversation we had with him! If you are planning on having a good time kind of night, I would recommend the Rose & Crown, the pub inside was boisterous and having a great time while we sat and had our dinner!

Here's what we had...
a few of these..

and lots of this for me ...

our bread was good, nice and warm!

My fish and chips were very good! I liked these better than the fish and chips I've had at Raglan Road (and it pains me to say as an Irish girl!)

DF ordered the Grilled Tenderloin and Fried Fish which he enjoyed very much, but specified that it was not as good as his steak that he's had from Raglan Road. For some reason, in our minds, we compare these two- it's an Irish vs. English thing I guess

I have been anticipating trying this dessert and knew exactly what I wanted when he came to take our order!
The Sticky Toffee Pudding.

It was okay, I don't know if I built it up in my head, or if I really was disappointed with it, but it was just okay. I liked DF's better than mine!

He ordered the Jaffa tarts, orange cream-filled cakes covered in chocolate.

Yum!

After dinner, we went to see what all the commotion was in the pub area. We were in for it! The Hat Lady stopped my DF while I was in the bathroom and told him to stay put and waited for me to come out! She asked us all about our engagement, where we're from, what we do, etc etc.. and sang to us and made up a song about us! The bar clapped for us and danced along and it was embarrassing and exciting all at the same time She was a lot of fun!
Here she is with a veil on...

So I finally finished our day in HS, I'm sorry it took a little while (first full week of school for me!) Keep reading on and see our day in Animal Kingdom followed by our dinner in Marrakesh, my favorite!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 09-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #59
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

I just joined in! Congrats! A proposal in front of the castle, how romantic <3 !
Love all your food shots, your making me hungry!!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #60
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

HI there Joining in as well. Congrats on the engagement. -Amanda

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: