Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #31
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

Congrats! My (now) DH wanted before and after pictures of our proposal as well. The way my face totally lit up and changed in the after still makes me giggle! He too asked me three times, and just like you, I thought my answer would be lady-like, but no... I told him to shut up three times before he finally said "I'm not asking again, will you?" and I said yes. Best wishes on the wedding planning and your lives together!

CB on NYE 2011-12, POR 2012

Old 09-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rocks View Post
Awwwww how sweet!!! congratulations!!! I am subscribing!
Thank you so much! And thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMX3 View Post
Congrats! My (now) DH wanted before and after pictures of our proposal as well. The way my face totally lit up and changed in the after still makes me giggle! He too asked me three times, and just like you, I thought my answer would be lady-like, but no... I told him to shut up three times before he finally said "I'm not asking again, will you?" and I said yes. Best wishes on the wedding planning and your lives together!
Yesss! I'm glad I'm not the only one! It makes me laugh when I see my pictures also, we went into the photopass store to look at them and the cast members were pointing and cracking up at our pictures and my face. It made me a little self-conscious, I look like a big nerd in them- ps I didn't include all of them for that reason! Thank you so much for the well wishes!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #33
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

More magic in the Magic Kingdom..

Day 1 Magic Kingdom, contd..

After another photo session with a photopass photographer, we trekked it to Frontierland to redeem our fastpasses for Splash Mountain. By the way, DF was not speaking to me at this point because I convinced him to ride with me, and if he did he was cursing at me that I don't understand his fear. DF is really afraid of heights, I am too, trust me, but I like to risk that fear and ride roller coasters, TOT (which I skipped this time for his sake), and in this case SM- he stays away from all of these. We had such a lovely moment when he proposed, sweet as can be, and then he turned as soon as I said the words "Splash Mountain." He's a big baby!

He we are..

I look more scared than he does! Well anyway, he was laughing after it was done and we even rode it again on another day! I'm such a good fiance for introducing him to that

We then went and got our FAVORITE treat in WDW and sat near Crystal Palace to enjoy them. Can you guess it? No, it's not a Dole Whip.

These babies. I have been waiting for these for over a year in planning!

We wanted something a little more substantial also so we stopped into Casey's. It was my first time eating there so I wanted to really go for it and get the chili cheese dog. We were on the DDP which included one qs- which we used for breakfast everyday, a snack and a sit-down, but we paid OOP for lunch.

Delicious!! Would definitely go back!

We walked toward Main Street, heading up toward the Theater for to redeem our fastpasses to see Mickey and Minnie and caught the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Parade and I still can't get the song out of my head! I loved it!

Meeting Disney characters for me is like meeting real celebrities! I get so nervous, I ask DF "Oh my, what am I going to say?!" and I get antsy and giddy! I know there are some people that wonder why adults without children get into lines to meet characters, I can vouch for myself in saying that I probably get the same feeling that most children get when standing in line waiting to see a favorite character! It's a must do as far as I'm concerned! We had some hugs, laughed about our engagement, they looked at my ring...

and this is getting framed! One of my friends suggested we use this as a Save the Date, that might be a good idea!

We used our time before dinner to finally get to Tomorrowland, ride the People Mover, which I had never done. Best idea on a hot, hot day! Why does it always feel like 120 degrees in MK no matter what time of year we go? Monsters, Inc. was great and is always a lot of fun, we skipped Space Mtn., no explanation needed after the incident on Splash Mountain. And Space Ranger Spin is always so much fun. You think DF liked this one?

After a few hours, it was already time to eat. It's funny, because I made all of these reservations for 7, 6:30, 6, and I was always so hungry before the res. so we ended up going early to all of them and getting in right away anyway. Tonight was Tony's Town Square. I have heard very mixed reviews about this place and I was a little nervous, especially after such a great day, I wanted to celebrate with a great meal. The waitress was great, she gushed about our engagement and when we finished our meals, she brought out a single spaghetti and had us pose Lady and the Tramp style with the spaghetti in our mouths- she was very cute!

Anyways, onto the good stuff-

We started with the bread and olive oil, LOVED! I couldn't stop eating them, so delicious!

He ordered spaghetti and meatballs and he said that he liked it. It wasn't the best he's had, but it wasn't the worst either.

I got the chicken parm, I really enjoyed this one! I'm not a big spaghetti eater at all, so I skipped eating that underneath (my DF doesn't know what's wrong with me- he's from a big, Italian pasta-loving family and I'm foreign to them!)

We ended with the pistachio creme brulee and the tiramisu. Both were good, you really can't go wrong with either, so we both really enjoyed them!

This was taken from our seat in the restaurant, perfect!

After dinner, we finally went back to take a quick shower and return to see my favorite parade-

It is the best beginning to all of my Disney trips! Especially while sitting, enjoying the beauty of Main Street at night and eating a Mickey head rice krispie treat!

We were going to stay for Wishes, we did for awhile, but it was raining and we were ready to head back. Sure glad we did, the park was packed!!!! We would have gotten back to our resort by 11:30! We still saw some fireworks as we drove away on the bus, so we saw still saw Wishes

Next up- A very Epcot day! And Le Cellier at night!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #34
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your engagement! The Photopass photos of the big moment and the pixie dust from the City Hall CM brought tears to my eyes!

It looks like you're having the trip of a lifetime and I can't wait to read more.

Oh, and I totally agree that the Mickey and Minnie picture needs to be your save the date card. It's perfect.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I always get teary at proposals!! Love the photopass pictures -and that it's forever immortalized
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #36
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Congratulations on your engagement! The Photopass photos of the big moment and the pixie dust from the City Hall CM brought tears to my eyes!

It looks like you're having the trip of a lifetime and I can't wait to read more.

Oh, and I totally agree that the Mickey and Minnie picture needs to be your save the date card. It's perfect.
I'm glad you liked them! I can't stop looking at them yet, maybe that will wear off eventually! We did have a great trip, thanks for reading along as I recall it!

And I'm glad you agree, I think that's a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I always get teary at proposals!! Love the photopass pictures -and that it's forever immortalized
I know, I love that we will always have them! Thanks for reading!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #37
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Wow what a memorable way to start a great WDW vacation! Congratulations! Great pictures!!

I have always wondered about Tony's Restaurant, a lot of people say its not good, so I have been scared to try it. Glad to hear you had a good experience there.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #38
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Awhhh that is such a sweet proposal!!!
Wow those are amazing photos!!

I got engaged at disneyland, and it's the BEST feeling to have it happen in such a magical setting

Can't wait to hear about the rest!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #39
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Wow what a memorable way to start a great WDW vacation! Congratulations! Great pictures!!

I have always wondered about Tony's Restaurant, a lot of people say its not good, so I have been scared to try it. Glad to hear you had a good experience there.
It really was the best way to start a trip Glad you're reading along and thank you!

Tony's was NOT a bad experience, I would definitely try it for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Awhhh that is such a sweet proposal!!!
Wow those are amazing photos!!

I got engaged at disneyland, and it's the BEST feeling to have it happen in such a magical setting

Can't wait to hear about the rest!
Getting engaged immersed in Disney is the best isn't it? I'm glad you like the photos! Thanks for joining me and reading along!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #40
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

A very Epcot day..

EEK, I am a pretty amateur WDW Trip Report writer, and I forgot to take pictures of our second day breakfasts. I'm sure you'll forgive me, but I'll give you the rundown.. we woke up bright and early once again. Caught breakfast at Classic Hall, while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the flat screen tvs that they have strewn across the food court. I opted for a sweet breakfast and got french toast, which was very good. DF got the bountiful breakfast platter that I had the day before, which he enjoyed. It maybe wasn't the best breakfast we've ever had, but it certainly did the trick in filling us up to get started on another park day!

We arrived early, so before our favorite part of Epcot opened at 11, World Showcase! So we had lots of time to explore a bit before we made it over that way. We stopped again at every photographer we saw and got some great shots with Spaceship Earth, and this one is one of my favorites..

We made it to The Land, we had never been on Soarin' and hear great things, so we got a fastpass to ride later and went in and out of some stores, skipped the Innoventions area, rode the Nemo ride, which is cute, and went into Turtle Talk with Crush. We remembered the last time we did this attraction and we still talk about how funny the kids were and Crush was with his clever answers. It was a lot of fun again! That guy that does Crush must love his job, it must be such a fun thing to do! By the time we were finishing up with the Seas with Nemo and Friends and viewing the aquarium, it was time to redeem our fastpasses for Soarin'. So glad we got those, the line was gigantic, over an hour wait! I still don't understand why people don't take advantage of the fastpass system, I swear by it! You can't go wrong with it. This ride had a lot of hype, but I'm not so sure that we were convinced. It was really great footage, a very cool idea, but we probably wouldn't have waited multiple hours to ride again. Fastpass was definitely the way to go for this for us. Don't get me wrong, I really love Epcot, but everything except WS doesn't get me too excited .

WS was finally open and ready for us, so we made our way over there quickly and braced ourselves as we set our sights upon the countries once again after too many years. We usually start with Mexico- on the top of my favorite countries list in the showcase. I love that the showcase is inside and I LOVE the night sky and the atmosphere! I remembered the birds, vases, and skulls that are sold there and I had my sights on either a skull or vase this time. After lots of indecision, I settled on an engagement present to myself and got the most pretty purple vase. But I still had to get a picture of these guys, maybe next time (on our honeymoon) I'll return with one..

We saw La Cava del Tequila and made a pact that we would return for some drinks when we could. But I had one thing in mind now and it was covered in cheese, jalapenos, and beef.

with churros and caramel sauce on the side..

Muy delicioso!

I dream about the nachos in the Mexican showcase, I was so excited to dig in! And they were every bit as good as I remember!

I ate that and then went to Norway showcase to get me one of those cloudberry horns that I read about on the boards so many times! I was on a foodie mission and nothing was stopping me, including a full stomach!

This was very good, I think DF liked this more than I did, but we ate it quickly nonetheless .

After we rode Maelstrom, my favorite must do ride in Epcot, DF saw and had his eye on a viking helmet that he insisted he MUST get before the end of the trip! Actually on another side note, he has started a Disney hat collection- wedding mouse ears, R2D2 mouse ears, an Uncle Sam hat from the American pavilion, and a viking helmet from Norway, all from this trip. Uncle Sam didn't fit in his carry on, so guess who was the most patriotic guy on our flight home? Yep, you guessed it, my guy.

We spent most of our time in the Moroccan pavilion, where I was determined to get a henna tattoo, it was on my list of must dos when I was planning. DF wanted some German beer and I was looking to get a henna, so we split up. It was $20 for the happiness symbol that I got on my inner wrist and it was quick as can be to get done. I loved it!

It lasted about two weeks, and was still there when we got home! It was a great reminder of our happy memories (with a happiness henna tattoo )!

We stopped and took our time in France as well. I just love everything French, I've been to Paris, have been trying to get DF to plan a trip someday, but this is a great second place winner! I picked up a Disney Paris mug, tried on a few berets, but we had to keep the beloved patisserie for another day, because my stomach was screaming for a break!

still to come...a night at Le Cellier and a day in Hollywood!

Last edited by cbeeindisney; 09-08-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #41
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

OH my gosh! I loveee the proposal story. It was the highlight of my night. those photopass pictures are priceless and yes, you need to use that Minnie and Mickey pic as your Save The Data.

I loved your reaction, I would say the same thing!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #42
goochy18
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! When we went to WDW after our engagement - Donald tried to propose to me in Mexico while DBF stood off to the side with crossed arms and a look on his face that is priceless! So watch out for new admirers during your character encounters!!!

1991 - First trip to Disney World for 6th bday
1998 - All Star Music
2001 - First trip to Disneyland
2007 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 - Off-site, April '11
2011 - Off-site, Sept '11 & First MNSSHP!!
2012 - All-star music and 2nd MNSSHP!!
2014 - Pop Century for Rock your Disney Side, May 22-26

Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #43
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I have never seen the Phineas and Ferb topiaries - they must be new since June! Will have to look out for them when we are there at the end of the month.
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 09-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #44
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

That's a nice henna tattoo! I like it! Did you take that right away, or after it had been on for awhile? I always think about getting one of those myself!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
OH my gosh! I loveee the proposal story. It was the highlight of my night. those photopass pictures are priceless and yes, you need to use that Minnie and Mickey pic as your Save The Data.

I loved your reaction, I would say the same thing!
I'm glad it made your night! Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one that would say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochy18 View Post
Congratulations! When we went to WDW after our engagement - Donald tried to propose to me in Mexico while DBF stood off to the side with crossed arms and a look on his face that is priceless! So watch out for new admirers during your character encounters!!!
The character encounters were awesome, Donald danced with me and twirled me around! Tigger proposed to me and I loved it! I'm glad you had the same experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I have never seen the Phineas and Ferb topiaries - they must be new since June! Will have to look out for them when we are there at the end of the month.
The are right in front of the fountain into World Showcase, you can't miss them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
That's a nice henna tattoo! I like it! Did you take that right away, or after it had been on for awhile? I always think about getting one of those myself!
I took it after it peeled off, it drys quickly and peels after about a half a day or so. You definitely should, I loved having it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: