Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #16
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Ohhhh World of Disney... I always want EVERYTHING in there

It's even worse when it pours and you get stuck in a store... so hard to not spend alllll my money!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

who doesn't love World of Disney!!!! I in all my trips I still don't think I've seen everything they've got to offer.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoble5972 View Post
I love all the pictures!

My husband and I had our wedding at WDW, so I'm looking forward to hearing about your proposal.
Thank you for reading along! I would love a wedding at WDW! I bet it was beautiful!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Ohhhh World of Disney... I always want EVERYTHING in there

It's even worse when it pours and you get stuck in a store... so hard to not spend alllll my money!
Me too! I know, it's just terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
who doesn't love World of Disney!!!! I in all my trips I still don't think I've seen everything they've got to offer.
It's just impossible to, there is so much!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm following along! I stayed at POP in February, and I found it very convenient! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #21
PryncessChrysty
This sounds like a fun game
Loves doing puzzles

Joining in! Congratulations on your engagement!

DL Local / / WDW Vet / / Instagram: PracticallyPeachy & DisneyFoodies

Old 09-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #22
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

Along for the ride. Looking forward to the engagement and the parks!

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
Old 09-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
Rhiannona
Landlocked Mermaid

Loving your trip report so far!
You two are a gorgeous couple.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your engagement!!

Subbing along - can't wait to read more!
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I can't wait to read all about your trip - and especially about the proposal!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #26
ilovedisney1
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)

Looking forward to reading more.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #27
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Hi! I'm following along! I stayed at POP in February, and I found it very convenient! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!
I really loved POP, it's very convenient! I loved one bus stop as opposed to the All-Stars. Would stay there again! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryncessChrysty View Post
Joining in! Congratulations on your engagement!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
Along for the ride. Looking forward to the engagement and the parks!
Yay! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannona View Post
Loving your trip report so far!
You two are a gorgeous couple.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/goodvibes.gif

Thank you, that's really nice of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickymaria View Post
Congratulations on your engagement!!

Subbing along - can't wait to read more!
Thank you! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I'm in! I can't wait to read all about your trip - and especially about the proposal!
I can't wait to relive it, so keep reading! Thanks for joining along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney1 View Post
Looking forward to reading more.
Welcome!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #28
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing, congrats on your engagement!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Cinderella Castle, photographers, and a proposal...

After a sleepless night, tossing and turning waiting to start our first big day in the parks, I got out of bed around 6 and showered and got ready while DF still snoozed on. I watched Stacy and got anxious, finally pushed DF awake to get ready and we were off to Classic Hall for some breakfast. It's funny how when I'm at home, I push snooze, I push snooze, and again, hating to get out of bed (and I am about as close to a non-morning person as you can get!) but when I'm at Disney, I hop out of bed, as if the bed was on fire, ready to start the day!

I think the mugs are a great idea- especially when we went to the pool and got a cold drink to come along with us- but in the mornings we opted to skip bringing the mug and got a drink on the DDP instead. I didn't want the hassle of carrying the mugs around the parks all day, which I did see people doing and was glad I didn't do that.

Here are some pics of our POP breakfasts,
DF's POP waffle

Together, we had been anxious to get a Mickey waffle, in this case POP waffles for breakfast, but I wasn't feeling like one this morning and decided to wait and keep it something to look forward to later on during the trip.

And my bountiful breakfast platter

It was a decent meal to start our day, nothing spectacular, but nothing to complain about either.

So we finished up, went quickly to our bus stop and hopped right on. We were pleasantly surprised with the wait times on this trip. The first time we went to WDW as a couple was in Jan. 2009 and we had virtually no wait for anything. It was the perfect time to go. With our schedules, August was the most convenient time to go, and all we heard was how crowded, hot, and miserable we would be. Yes, it was crowded, manageable? Absolutely. Yes, we were hot, manageable? Definitely. NO- not once were we miserable! We never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride, we took advantage of fast passes, whether to meet characters or rides, we never took a break mid day, which was advice we planned to use, but never did, we used fans, cooling bandanas, and drank lots of water and we survived and had a great time! We would definitely go back in August! Actually, even with all of the great food we ate, and the amount we ate- with drinking all that water and walking as much as we did, I lost some weight! Go figure!

I have NEVER been to a park at rope drop, luckily we saw rope drop at all four parks this time. You have to be there to do it at least once! I am such a Disney nerd that I became emotional walking up to the train station where they were getting ready to kick off the opening celebration! It was awesome! So glad we made it to see the mayor, the family of the day, and all of the characters kick off a Magic Kingdom day! Little did I know what DF had had planned and how nervous he must have been at that point! I laugh thinking about it!

So we walked through, walked quickly through Main Street, because I had one destination in mind! Peter Pan's Flight! My very favorite ride in all of Disney. It's only about two minutes, but it's quintessential Disney for me! Oh, and this is a pretty great thing to see too!

DF was pushing to take a Photopass picture in front of the castle before too many people were there, but I was stuck on making it to PPF before the line grew, so off to the ride we went with DF disappointed.

We got off, and I was completely immersed in Disney, completely unsuspecting of what was about to happen! DF convinced me to go get a picture (on a side note- we pre-ordered the photopass cd so we planned on getting as many pictures as possible, thank goodness we did!) Taking good pictures of the two of you, with just the two of you is tough, so we took advantage of the photopass system!! We lined up to get our picture taken, we took two shots and DF rolled a stroller out from behind me, that must've been there while he was taking pictures. He asked the photographer to take a few more pictures, and I was confused, I figured that he must want more pictures, because he was bothered the stroller was there. I turned around to see if the stroller was out of view, turned back around and saw him down on one knee. I was shocked! In awe! And speechless! Refer to face in picture.

And if I could go back and say something else, I totally would, but all I could say, was "Are you freaking kidding me?!" Really, I had imagined me tearful and sweet and lady-like, at least when he asked me, but that's what I said! He said that he asked me three times, but I only heard the one and I said yes, of course! I was in such a fog, it happened so quickly in front of people clapping, pointing all the way down Main Street, and in front of the photographer who was snapping away, that I just couldn't believe it! I don't think it really hit me until we flew back to NJ and we weren't immersed in the Disney magic any longer! It really seemed like a dream, being right below the castle and able to celebrate this for another 7 days was unreal. This is probably how I always would have imagined my proposal to happen, and he couldn't have done any better than he had! I told him he did pretty well, I'd keep him after that!

Here are some more shots...

We walked away from the photographer and DF got worried because nothing came out of my mouth for close to an hour. We went and saw Mickey's Philharmagic, walked through Frontierland, but I just couldn't comprehend what had happened! I finally called my mom and told her that I'm getting a husband, sent her a picture of my ring, she turned and called my sisters, my dad, his family, etc.., and so I got a massive text discussion for the remainder of the day from just about everyone up in NJ! We walked around a bit and my sister told us to get our pins. She didn't even have to tell me, I knew I needed one of those immediately after we got engaged! We went right to City Hall where we were greeted by two young girls who squealed when we told them we just got engaged! She wrote the date on our pins and handed them over and told us to wait and have a seat while she said she would be right back . So we waited there anxiously until she came back about 10 minutes later holding a bag and handed it to us and said she was so happy for us, that was for us to wear, she gave us a coupon for a free ice cream and told us to have the most magical day! We looked inside and saw our Mickey and Minnie wedding mouse ears with our names embroidered on the backs! It was absolutely perfect! Disney cast members are really my favorite people! They go above and beyond! We thanked her repeatedly and went out with our stylish new headgear!

And of course, we stopped for another picture at the next photopass photographer we saw!

Please stick around for the rest of our day in MK and a special dinner at Tony's Town Square..

Last edited by cbeeindisney; 09-04-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #30
Robin Rocks
Earning My Ears

Awwwww how sweet!!! congratulations!!! I am subscribing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: