DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
CaFeeney
Mouseketeer

Waitlist for SS Studio in November- reassure me!

Hi All,
We have patchworked several reservations for an SS studio Nov 7-13th. Still waitlisted for the 9th and 10th. Any words of hope for us?

Otherwise we are going to have to move twice during our stay. SS for the 7th and 8th, somewhere (?) for the 9th and 10th and then back to SS for the 11th and 12th..not an ideal situation.

We also waitlisted for the entire trip at OKW as that sometimes seems to open up more as well.

Any suggestions?
CaFeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaFeeney View Post
Hi All,
We have patchworked several reservations for an SS studio Nov 7-13th. Still waitlisted for the 9th and 10th. Any words of hope for us?

Otherwise we are going to have to move twice during our stay. SS for the 7th and 8th, somewhere (?) for the 9th and 10th and then back to SS for the 11th and 12th..not an ideal situation.

We also waitlisted for the entire trip at OKW as that sometimes seems to open up more as well.

Any suggestions?
The only suggestion I have is to book the 2 nights on cash while waiting for the waitlist. That's Veterans Day weekend, end of food & wine festival, end of Jersey week.
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
The only suggestion I have is to book the 2 nights on cash while waiting for the waitlist. That's Veterans Day weekend, end of food & wine festival, end of Jersey week.
Also the Wine and Dine Half Marathon on the evening of the 10th.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
DizBub
Totally Addicted

We have always managed to have our waitlists at SSR come through. Keep checking on-line and grab what you can if it shows any availablity. If you are waitlisted for those 2 nights together that's what the waitlist looks for. If you can snag one then that betters your odds that the other one will come through. I would call MS to do this or at least call them to change your waitlist. They will link your reservations all together so you shouldn't have to move.

I would also book something on cash, just in case. You can always cancel. Good luck!
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

I am on the waitlist for 1 night on the 19th . Seems anytime we have done the wait list it has come through . So I am sending you all the you need to make it happen
Old 09-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Definitely keep checking online to see if one of those nights becomes available--that is how I filled a trip in May with a standard view room at AKV--the nights became available at different times--I booked what I could and then readjusted the wait list. I ended up getting what I needed this way.

As mentioned, the wait list is only going to fill if both nights are available when it searches--if you can get one or the other by just booking online, then you can change your wait list for the other night and have a much better chance.

Even if you have to book under a different reservation number, just give MS a call and they will take care of adding it to the nights you already have so its seemless. But, never give up hope--I just canceled an early December reservation today that included SV studios at both BWV and BLT so someone on a wait list I am sure is very happy right now!!!

Good luck!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Goofy's apprentice
DIS Veteran

Keep hoping. Things seem to open up a bit just outside of the 30 day window. I always check the website for individual days to fill the reservation in.
2006 Apr-BWV, OKW --- Nov-BWV, OKW
2007 Mar-SSR --May OKW/SSR --Oct - SSMC07
2008 Feb - SSR/VWL ---Apr - Vero/SSR --- Nov - BWV
2009 Mar-VWL/SSR ---Oct - BWV/BLT
2010 Mar - BWV/THV --- Oct - SSR (for WWOHP !!!)
2011 Apr - BWV/SSR --- Oct - SSR/BWV
2012 Mar - BWV/BLT --- Oct - BWV
Goofy's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Also, waitlists are filled during the night.
If you check online during the day you might be able to get the nights you need, while maybe the nightly scripts would assign them to someone with an higher priority.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
gripp35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Also, waitlists are filled during the night.
If you check online during the day you might be able to get the nights you need, while maybe the nightly scripts would assign them to someone with an higher priority.
Really? I guess that explains what I've read about people having a waitlist but seeing availability and calling to get the available room before the waitlist was actually fulfilled...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
CaFeeney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice everyone!

So, do you think I would be better off waitlisting each night individually (Nov 9 and 10th) and giving up the OKW waitlist?

I check a couple of times each day online just in case....hoping things move a bit when we get within the 30 day mark.
CaFeeney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: