DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
anett
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 99

4 boys in Kadani living room

We are staying in a 2 bedroom Kidani, traveling with a total of 9 people, 4 adults, 4 boys(11, 9, 8) and 1 girl. Our plan is to have our daughter sleep in our room, the other couple in second bedroom and the living room to sleep the 4 boys. The boys must sleep together or one will feel left out. It would also be nice for the adults to have a little space and privacy of their own too. But the living room only sleeps 3? Can the pillows make a make shift bed on the living room floor. Can we bring in a blowup mattress. Can we get extra sheets/pillows? Any other suggestions as to how we can get all the boys to sleep in the living room?
anett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by anett View Post
We are staying in a 2 bedroom Kidani, traveling with a total of 9 people, 4 adults, 4 boys(11, 9, 8) and 1 girl. Our plan is to have our daughter sleep in our room, the other couple in second bedroom and the living room to sleep the 4 boys. The boys must sleep together or one will feel left out. It would also be nice for the adults to have a little space and privacy of their own too. But the living room only sleeps 3? Can the pillows make a make shift bed on the living room floor. Can we bring in a blowup mattress. Can we get extra sheets/pillows? Any other suggestions as to how we can get all the boys to sleep in the living room?
Housekeeping is not supposed to bring extra linens to the villas. You are supposed to provide your own.

You only listed three ages for the boys. I doubt they will all fit in the queen sized sleeper sofa. And two won't fit in the sleeper chair. If any of the boys belong to the other couple, I'd have them sleep in the second bedroom. Where is your daughter going to sleep in your room?
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
SamSam

DIS Veteran
 
SamSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,006

I would suggest a twin size blow up mattress and one of the boys can sleep on that. Bring a sheet and blanket and you should be good to go. There are more than 2 pillows on the beds in the bedrooms so you should have plenty of pillows.

Enjoy!
__________________
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
fitnessmouse
DIS Veteran
 
fitnessmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 558

If the four boys have to sleep together, i'd put them in the second bedroom, the other couple in the master, and you and your daughter in the living room. No problems with bedlinens :-)
__________________
Ilja DH DS(10) DD(8)

Walt Disney World - Florida 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012
Disneyland Resort California - 2002, 2011
DCL - 2009 (Wonder~ Bahama's), 2010 (Magic~Mediteranean), 2011 (Wonder ~ LA to Vancouver), 2013 (Dream~Bahama's), 2014 (Magic~Mediteranean)
Disneyland Paris - 2x per year


fitnessmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessmouse View Post
If the four boys have to sleep together, i'd put them in the second bedroom, the other couple in the master, and you and your daughter in the living room. No problems with bedlinens :-)
Repeat after me: Never give up the master. Never.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
keaster
DIS Veteran
 
keaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Can.
Posts: 965

Quote:
Originally Posted by anett View Post
We are staying in a 2 bedroom Kidani, traveling with a total of 9 people, 4 adults, 4 boys(11, 9, 8) and 1 girl. Our plan is to have our daughter sleep in our room, the other couple in second bedroom and the living room to sleep the 4 boys. The boys must sleep together or one will feel left out. It would also be nice for the adults to have a little space and privacy of their own too. But the living room only sleeps 3? Can the pillows make a make shift bed on the living room floor. Can we bring in a blowup mattress. Can we get extra sheets/pillows? Any other suggestions as to how we can get all the boys to sleep in the living room?
You mention 4 boys, but list only 3 ages (11,9,8). Someone is missing!

Not sure where a blow up mattress would fit in the living room with both the sofa and sleeper chair pulled out.
__________________


DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013


Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
cvjw
DIS Veteran
 
cvjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 3,262

A twin blow up mattress will fit in the living room area behind the dining table - I know because we put one there. We only had 7 people (3 adults and 4 boys) in the Kidani 2 bedroom, but it felt very tight to us. I couldn't imagine having 2 more bodies in that same space.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Repeat after me: Never give up the master. Never.
Why not? When we travel with my parents we always give them the master. It just makes more sense. I say go with whatever configuration works best for your group.

If I were in the OP's position I would do as the above poster mentioned with the four boys in the second bedroom. I would take the living room with my daughter as I think it is the polite thing to do, however if my friends offered to take the living room instead I would be open to that as it would make the bathrooms a bit easier to divide up.

Another benefit to having the kids in the bedrooms is that the adults can stay up later and use the living room and kitchen.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Why not? When we travel with my parents we always give them the master. It just makes more sense. I say go with whatever configuration works best for your group.

If I were in the OP's position I would do as the above poster mentioned with the four boys in the second bedroom. I would take the living room with my daughter as I think it is the polite thing to do, however if my friends offered to take the living room instead I would be open to that as it would make the bathrooms a bit easier to divide up.

Another benefit to having the kids in the bedrooms is that the adults can stay up later and use the living room and kitchen.
Quote:
4 adults, 4 boys(11, 9, 8) and 1 girl. Our plan is to have our daughter sleep in our room,
It's not just the OP and daughter. It's the OP plus spouse plus daughter. that's three.

And I stick with my thought about the master bedroom. We give the guests the second bedroom, never the master. If the guests want more privacy, they should book their own room. The king bed is more comfortable for the two of us.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It's not just the OP and daughter. It's the OP plus spouse plus daughter. that's three.

And I stick with my thought about the master bedroom. We give the guests the second bedroom, never the master. If the guests want more privacy, they should book their own room. The king bed is more comfortable for the two of us.
Right...the OP and her spouse on the sofabed and their daughter on the sofa chair...three. It actually gives them the ability to have their daughter in a separate bed, plus they have the third bathroom to use.

I guess I just see it differently. I don't need to have the master and happily give it up when keeping it doesn't best suit the configuration of our group. I have many many years to enjoy the master bedrooms. I can sleep elsewhere once in a while. I also like spoiling our guests. It makes me feel good.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
Right...the OP and her spouse on the sofabed and their daughter on the sofa chair...three. It actually gives them the ability to have their daughter in a separate bed, plus they have the third bathroom to use.

I guess I just see it differently. I don't need to have the master and happily give it up when keeping it doesn't best suit the configuration of our group. I have many many years to enjoy the master bedrooms. I can sleep elsewhere once in a while. I also like spoiling our guests. It makes me feel good.
Sorry, that's just off the wall to me. The people paying for the room get the sleeper sofa???? When you might have three real beds in the two bedroom villa????
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
WorthyJourney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 48

Unless you have a back issue or other reason the sofa bed wouldn't work I agree with the others suggesting the 4 boys in 2nd bedroom, guests in master, and you, spouse and daughter in living room. It just makes the most sense logistically. Unless...like I said..you have some real aversion/reason for not wanting the sofa bed and giving your guests the master. We have a similer spread kid wise and many years ago brought my parents with us. We gave them the master and slept in the second bedroom. The sitter that came with us took the couch and the kids took the 2nd bed and floor. (Sitter originally had the 2nd bed but she couldn't sleep cause the kids' sleeping bags were noisy..lol.) While the master bath is certainly nicer than the others I had no shame in stealing a soak in the tub a night or two while everyone was still up..but it wasn't a big deal not to have it to myself...or the bed for that matter. After a long day at disney I could probably fall asleep anywhere! Your only other choice would be to put the guests in the 2nd bedroom with 2 of the boys and the other 2 boys on the sofa with daughter on the chair leaving the master to you.
With that being said I certainly understand the mindset of ...."I paid for it..they r guests...why should they get the best room and best bed?" But IMHO all the villas are awesome...all the rooms are beautiful..and as much as I enjoy the master if I liked someone enough to share my vacation with them they I would also enjoy seeing them enjoy it as well....I will always get another chance at the same room/bed...it's just a bed. Goodluck with your decision..just think about what works best for you and have a great time with your friends!!
WorthyJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!
 
HayGan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!
Posts: 8,795

Use the cushions from the sleeper sofa as a makeshift mattress. Wrap a clean sheet or sleeping bag over them and put them on the floor. While we haven't done this at Kidani, we have done this with our boys on other sleeper sofas when it was necessary.

The only place you will really have room to put anything down is in front of the sliding glass door (although that is where We usually put the coffee table.)

9 people is really stretching the limits of comfort especially with 4 in the common area. I would have one of the boys sleep in the second bedroom.

For what it is worth, I would never give up my master. Unless someone wants to pay my annual dues for me they will just have to live with slumming it in the second bedroom or the common area LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
***
Last Trips home: June 2011 - 2 whole weeks @ Home Sweet Kidani! & The BIG B-Day October 2012 @ BLT,
One week just isn't enough so have to go for THREE trip - June 2013 @ AKV Value - Woo Hoo!,
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #14
nolanboys
DIS Veteran
 
nolanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 1,692

This is how we did it when we had 9 people at a 2 bdrm at OKW - DH, myself, our little one ( 5 at the time) in the king bed and one son on the floor on a air mattress - in the second bdrm. my inlaws and our 2 other boys. We like to keep the living room open so people who stay up later or get up earlier have a place to stay. It may not work for many, but worked great for us!
__________________
DWDH:DS(14)DS(14)D S(12)DS(9)
nolanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
nolanboys
DIS Veteran
 
nolanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 1,692

Forgot to add, that we like to split the kids up at night because it forces them to go to sleep. They like to be together, but then they get silly and stay awake.
__________________
DWDH:DS(14)DS(14)D S(12)DS(9)
nolanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.