Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #76
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm so sorry that you're still not feeling well. Sounds like you have a LOT going on right now.

I hope that everything with the house/moving/selling works out for you. We too took a loss on our house last spring, but it had to be done. If your trip doesn't end up happening like you hoped it would that's okay too.

Please feel free to use us to vent/chat/bounce ideas off of. We're all here for you.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #77
megan511
Mouseketeer

I wanted to pop in & say hi. Sorry I have been so absent.

First of all I am so sorry you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better. I am also so sorry about your neighborhood, yikes. You & Willow are the most important so if your trip has to change its ok. I hope everything works out though. When Anthony was a baby we lived in a bad area so I completely understand. We ended up having to move in with my parents for a while, you just have to do whatever it takes for you & yours to be safe.

On a happier note I love the Cinderella night pics! What a great idea & I'm glad you had fun at Disney on ice!

It seems like you have a lot going on, I hope things settle down soon.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #78
megan511
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to pop in & wish you & Willow a Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #79
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow! I kind of disappeared there, huh??

So, in case anyone is still interested in following along, I'm back! And we are coming up fast on ADR-making time!

Just to catch y'all up, Willow and I moved to a beautiful new home that my father bought in his neighborhood; we moved the week before Christmas, so that was a little stressful, but we had a wonderful Christmas in our new home. My other house is now on the market - hopefully, it will sell.

In happier news, as of now, I am still planning to do the trip - we will need it! It will have been over a year since our last vacation, and that's a long time. So we are going.

I have some tentative plans and would love to run them past y'all if anyone is still around and interested in offering thoughts/suggestions, etc.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the holidays. I have some trip reports to catch up on before I start yammering on about our upcoming trip.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #80
amandaw
DIS Veteran

YAY! I'm so glad to see you back! Now, no more disappearing!

So glad y'all got all moved in to the new home. Saying prayers that the other will sell soon. Ed & I have been in that situation so I understand completely!

Can't wait to hear about what ADR's you're contemplating!!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #81
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
YAY! I'm so glad to see you back! Now, no more disappearing!

So glad y'all got all moved in to the new home. Saying prayers that the other will sell soon. Ed & I have been in that situation so I understand completely!

Can't wait to hear about what ADR's you're contemplating!!
Hi Amanda!! Thanks for sticking with me (or returning to my abandoned report with me ).

Okay!!! I just realized that I have to make my ADRs NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!

I am going to get a post up in the next couple of days that lays out my tentative plans (they are still very tentative with a lot of question marks so I may need some help ). I mean, I have to get some DIS feedback before ADR day!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #82
shan23877

Yay!!!! You're back!

Yay!!!! ADR time!!!!!

I started an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of mine

So glad that you got settled into your new home. Thinking good thoughts for yours to sell.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #83
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Yay!!!! You're back!

Yay!!!! ADR time!!!!!

So glad that you got settled into your new home. Thinking good thoughts for yours to sell.
Hello!!!! And thanks for the good thoughts!

An Excel spreadsheet! Are you going Deluxe again? I am keeping our ADRs relatively barebones, I think. Maybe. Oh, I don't know!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #84
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hello!!!! And thanks for the good thoughts!

An Excel spreadsheet! Are you going Deluxe again? I am keeping our ADRs relatively barebones, I think. Maybe. Oh, I don't know!
Yeah we are doing Deluxe. I had to use the spreadsheet, it was too much otherwise!

Bad news: Cali Grill not scheduled to reopen until August. But, maybe you'll be one of the first to go???!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #85
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah we are doing Deluxe. I had to use the spreadsheet, it was too much otherwise!

Bad news: Cali Grill not scheduled to reopen until August. But, maybe you'll be one of the first to go???!!!
Oh, that's a shame about CG.

I really think we are going to do the Yachtsman - Willow loves steak and has been asking to go somewhere for steak when we are at WDW, so that seems like the most likely place to please.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #86
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh, that's a shame about CG.

I really think we are going to do the Yachtsman - Willow loves steak and has been asking to go somewhere for steak when we are at WDW, so that seems like the most likely place to please.
I've been looking at the Yachtsman's menu a lot too (don't want to give too much away before I get the PTR underway ). It looks really good, and it's definitely one that Bryan is interested. We're doing a few more signatures this trip, and I had a really hard time choosing. At one point I had 4 windows open on the computer and was reading all of the menus aloud hoping that Bryan would help me pick.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #87
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a big Mickey Mouse 3 subject notebook that Ed bought me at Target. 1st section is for cruise planning, 2nd section is for Dec WDW planning and (right now) 3rd section is for Reid's bday planning.

Then, I will be moving all the planning info from the notebook to my computer. Yes, I'm neurotic.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #88
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been looking at the Yachtsman's menu a lot too (don't want to give too much away before I get the PTR underway ). It looks really good, and it's definitely one that Bryan is interested. We're doing a few more signatures this trip, and I had a really hard time choosing. At one point I had 4 windows open on the computer and was reading all of the menus aloud hoping that Bryan would help me pick.
Oh, I'm excited to hear what signatures you are doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I have a big Mickey Mouse 3 subject notebook that Ed bought me at Target. 1st section is for cruise planning, 2nd section is for Dec WDW planning and (right now) 3rd section is for Reid's bday planning.

Then, I will be moving all the planning info from the notebook to my computer. Yes, I'm neurotic.
I do all mine on the computer. Much easier to delete and change and delete and change and delete and change.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #89
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I am going to share my tentative plans and hope that someone will pop in here with some advice about what, if anything, to add.

So we arrive on a Friday. We will have gotten up at 4:00am West Coast time and will arrive at MCO around 5:30pm East Coast time, I think. As you can imagine, I'm not making any big plans for this night. I think we will explore the resort a bit and maybe go to DTD (we have never been! ).

The next day is obviously Saturday, not an ideal park day, but it's our first day, so we will be in the MK. Willow thought long and hard about it and decided (at least for now) that she DOES want to do the BBB ("because I want to see what dresses they have" ), so that will be our first stop if I get lucky with an early reservation. Our tradition (i.e., both prior trips) is to do BBB, then have some fun, and then eat lunch at CRT. So I will be trying for that difficult ressie as well. Due to the heat and crowds, I'm guessing we won't last in the MK much past lunch. Thinking a break at the resort, and then we will have to hit DHS because Willow can't possibly be at WDW for 24 hours and not do ToT. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO FOR DINNER HERE!!!! Counter service would be fine, but at DHS the choices aren't so great. I'm thinking about staying for Fantasmic! since we haven't done it yet, but we might also consider going back to POR to catch Yeeha Bob.

Sunday (second full day) will be DHS. And we will be doing our traditional HBD lunch. Not sure about the evening - kind of leaving it open. Maybe go see Wishes or Yeeha Bob if we don't do it the night before. Thoughts on whether I should make a dinner ADR somewhere just in case?

Okay - that's the first two full days. Will have to get to the rest tomorrow or soon thereafter. Please, if you have advice or suggestions, let me have 'em!

Thanks!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #90
shan23877

Yay!!! ADR updates!

If you go to DTD, Rainforest & T Rex are both super cool to kids (might want an ADR for that though). EoS is one of our CS faves there.

First day sounds rough. Maybe you could hop over to the Beach Club to Beaches and Cream or to the Boardwalk for a light dinner.

I've heard good things about the food court and the TS at POR if you end up back at the resort. The one at POFQ was pretty boring, but did the trick for a CS. I've never done Sci-Fi but people really love it. Do you think Willow would like that atmosphere? The portions look huge-you could probably easily split something-but that's another ADR.

I just love ADR talk. Want me to email you my Excel spreadsheet to give you at least 3 more options per day?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: