Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #91
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
I hear you on things sneaking up on you! AG's birthday is 3.5 weeks post Christmas. Every year I tell myself to get it planned before hand and every year I'm like let me just get past Christmas and then I can focus on his birthday! Inevitably I feel rushed at the end! Oh, well. Maybe I'll get my act together this year since I am not pregnant nor do I have a new baby to use as an excuse like the last two years.
Last year and this year have been so hectic this time of year because we have been trying to plan a birthday party and then get everything ready for our trip around the same time! Last year his party was like a week and a half before we left and we had his real birthday, well visits with the ped and dentist, 2 year portraits and Halloween all between his party and leaving for the trip, so it was nuts!! I still only have 2 weeks between the party and leaving for the trip, but I am waiting to do his portraits until we get home, and Halloween will be after we get home too. And the well visits are not until November either. Hopefully it will be a little less stressful this time around!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #92
khertz

Day 2 Part 3: A Morning at the Pier

DAY 2 Continued: Saturday August 25th

Once Cars Land started getting more congested, we decided to head out to other parts of the park and come back later. First up, we wanted to get our FP's for World of Color, so we started heading through Condor Flats towards Grizzly River Run.

DH snapped a pic of this when I pointed it has his name in it!

It was weird coming around this corner and seeing just nothing off to the right, since last time we had been there that's where you entered the park with Buena Vista St. being blocked off!

We made it to GRR and picked up our FP for the first WoC show (that's a lot of acronyms in one sentence!

Our next stop was Paradise Pier. We wanted to ride as many of the headliner attractions as we could while the park was still relatively slow. With it being a weekend, we didn't expect it to stay that way for long!

We were going to stop first and get FPs for California Screamin' before heading to Toy Story Mania, but the line for CS was only 5 minutes so we decided to just ride.

Seriously LOVE this roller coaster!!! I love pretty much all Disney attractions except a rare few (I'm looking at you, Country Bears!), but the thrill rides are my favorite, and they definitely got it right with California Screamin'! I had forgotten since last trip about the rocket start, so it was a nice way to really wake me up at 8 in the morning with a blast of cool air in my face as we went hurtling off on the track! We picked up a FP for later, and then I decided I couldn't ignore my grumbling tummy anymore so I started looking up menus on the Lines app to find a place for breakfast.

We decided to check out Pacific Wharf Cafe since it was just right there, thinking I'd probably grab a muffin or croissant to eat. But then we spotted a woman coming out with scrambled eggs in a sourdough bread bowl and it just looked way too good not to get!

Bread on display inside the Cafe

Breakfast!

Since it looked like a lot of food, we decided to get one to split and we also got a water to share. I can't even tell you how delicious this breakfast was! The eggs were fluffy REAL eggs, not the buffet runny powdered eggs we are used to eating in Disney. And the bread bowl was so amazing. I loooooove bread, especially sourdough. DH ate the orange slices and I had the grapes. We ate every last bite of what was on that plate! Literally all that was left was the orange peels and grape stems.

Now that my hungry stomach was satisfied, we headed over to Toy Story Mania to check out the wait. It was only posted at 30 minutes, so we figured why not, it's only going to get worse through the day.

WDW definitely got it right with their TSM queue. DCA not so much. It's just switchback after switchback of chains and people shuffling through with nothing to look at. There were some cute posters at one point in the line for each of the games, but that was about it. After waiting about 25 minutes we got on the ride. It was fun being able to actually really compete against each other since last time we rode this in WDW one of us had a child on their lap each time!

It was fun, but a little frustrating because we stopped after every. single. game. So the ride took longer than usual and we had a lot of time to do some target practice with each game. I pulled ahead at one point in the ride, but DH of course, came back to whup me in the end.

Cute little display as we were exiting the ride

I don't have any pictures of this (probably because I'd like to pretend it never happened!), but next we went on Mickey's Fun Wheel in a swinging gondola. I lamented the fact that there was no kid on my hip to pee on me and save me from it this time! Luckily for me, it never really got into a good rotation because they had to stop it when some idiots stood up in their bucket while it was moving. I was pleased about that, but not DH and the two kids in our bucket with us who wanted it to do a ton of swinging! It was pretty cool being stopped at the top though and seeing out over the park and beyond. And to see how much equipment is in the water where WoC happens!

After riding the Fun Wheel, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to go get FP's for the second WoC show too without realizing you can't have a FP for both shows. The CM offered to switch our FPs out from the first show for the second, but we decided not to and just kept our original ones. He said if we changed our minds later to come back. (Yes, this will be important later!).

We decided to head over to the Hollywood Studios part of the park to check out some of the attractions there. We saw the Red Car Trolley parked out front at one of the stops!

First up...Monster's Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! I think we waited maybe 5 minutes for this.

I told DH not to worry about taking pictures in here since he had taken so many last trip, but he insists on trying to get better shots than before so he spent most of the ride looking through the camera.

Just as cute as we remembered it being last time, and Roz was actually working at the end! Last time she just stood there and didn't interact, so I didn't even realize she would talk to the guests in the cars as you pass her.

Continued in next post...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #93
khertz

Day 2 Part 4: Come On, Man!

After riding Monsters Inc. we decided to check out the wait time at Tower of Terror. It was too long, so we grabbed some FP's for later (although I later noted in my notes that we never used them). While I got the FP's, DH took some pictures.

At that point, we didn't have much of a plan in mind, so we just started walking. We came across a Photopass photographer at the entrance to Cars Land, so we stopped to get our picture taken.

We were right across from the Blue Sky Cellar Preview Center, something DH had really wanted to do last trip that we never stopped to do, so this time we went inside. It probably would have been more exciting in May since it's pretty much all models and mock-ups of Cars Land, but it was still interesting. And they had some of the Cars shorts playing in a little theater in there.

The shovel used to break ground on Cars Land

We spent a good little while in there, looking at all of the bulletin boards and glass cases. There were also some trivia games we had fun playing for awhile. It was a nice place to get out of the sun and away from the crowds of people.

According to my notes, we went back to the Pier to ride California Screamin' with our FPs, then had burgers for lunch at Taste Pilot's Grill, but we must have put the camera away for awhile because my next pictures are from our shopping adventures. We went first to the shops on Buena Vista Street, and had our picture taken with the Storytellers statue.

Then we went back over to Cars Land to check out the shops there. DH ended up buying an RSR T-shirt (I need to take pics of all the stuff we bought to do a souvenir post at the end of this !).

We were about ready to head over to DL for the afternoon when something occurred to me...We were going to dinner at Steakhouse 55 that night for around 7 pm, so we probably wouldn't make it to the first showing of WoC! We stopped there again to exchange our FP's only to find the CM from earlier was not there and the new CM was telling me she couldn't do that. UGH! Come on, man! If only I had thought of this the first time we had gone over there. She told us we could come back after 2:30 when they start distributing the FPs for the second show and we could trade them out then. We even told her the guy that morning had said he could trade them out, but she just kept telling us she didn't have that access. Annoying. So we made a mental note to come back before we left the parks to go back to the resort for our showers before dinner and headed across the plaza to Disneyland.

Workers on top of the Matterhorn!

We went to Tomorrowland to check out the wait at Space Mountain, but it was long so we grabbed FPs for later. We decided to head to New Orleans Square to ride Pirates and HM, but on the way, we passed Indiana Jones, which only had a 20 minute wait, so we jumped on. Good thing too, because when we came out, it was a much longer wait!

Then we continued on to our original destination and made it to New Orleans Square. Pirates of the Caribbean only had a 5 minute wait, we practically walked right onto a boat.

Once again, I told DH not to worry about taking pictures, but he just can't help himself! He's always looking out for new ways to play around with the camera settings and get good low-light photos that just might be better than last time.

Continued in next post...
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #94
khertz

Day 2 Part 5: Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me!

I really love Pirates in DL, especially the extra drop! And I love the extra scenes. Hopefully it will not be disappointing to ride Pirates (and Space Mountain!) when we go back to WDW in a few weeks. I have gotten spoiled with back to back visits to the "better" versions in DL!

Next, we went over to the Haunted Mansion which had a 13 minute wait posted. We barely waited 10 before entering the stretching room.

DH tried hard to get some good pics in the dark on this ride, but it is really really hard to do so! But a couple did come out okay.

After Haunted Mansion, we went over to Space Mountain and used our FP's. It was fun, but I was feeling a little rattled and queasy afterwards, so we decided to head out of the park for the afternoon. It was about 3:45 pm at that point. The plan had originally been to leave around 2:30 or 3 and go back to the room for showers so that we could go to church before dinner. But we had been having so much fun that we decided we weren't ready to leave the park that early. After making sure there was an evening Mass on Sunday instead, we decided to stay in the park a little later and just go to dinner that night instead.

We walked over to DCA and straight GRR to exchange our WOC FP's for ones for the later show, which luckily went smoothly this time. With our new FP's in hand, we headed over to Downtown Disney.

We stopped at World of Disney on our way out to the trams to do some shopping. We ended up buying a Halloween shirt for myself, a stuffed Agent P for Paxton, and a set of Vinylmations for DH. Another reason we had decided to forego church before dinner was that there was a Vinyl signing happening at D Street that afternoon and DH was hoping to go and get some Vinyls signed. After making our purchase at WoD we headed over to D Street only to find an enormously long line. DH wasn't THAT interested in an autograph, so we made our way to the trams. It was about 4:40 pm when we left Downtown Disney and made our way back to Peacock Suites for showers and a little FaceTime with Paxton. We also had time to watch the Saints game while we were getting ready, which was nice.

UP NEXT: The Anniversary Dinner That Almost Wasn't

Last edited by khertz; 10-05-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #95
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Pacific Wharf Cafe. Drool. I went there for lunch last year and their bread bowl soup is to die for.

I love California Screamin. That's one of my favorite rides there. Monsters Inc is so fun too. I think I went on that about five times.

I agree POTC is much better in DL. Ditto for Space. But we got the better ToT!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #96
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Nice upate! So DH got you on the swinging cars on the Fun Wheel. I thought you were going to be able to resist this time. Was it a "never again" moment or a "not so bad" moment?

We didn't get to TSM because we were only over there late in the day and the line was almost an hour. I had heard TSM wasn't as popular in California, but it still seemed pretty popular!

And I agree with you on California Screaming, a fantastic ride, even if the "theme" is rather non-existant. (It's an amusement park!)

I must be one of the few that was less than impressed with the PotC. Yeah, it's definitely longer and better because of it, but the "longer" part isn't all that exciting. I was much more impressed with Space Mountain over PotC.

Your DH did get some really great shots. I can't be bothered with the effort to set a camera up to take those indoor shots, but I can appreciate how hard that is.

Hope you can keep the updates coming.

SP

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #97
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Pacific Wharf Cafe. Drool. I went there for lunch last year and their bread bowl soup is to die for.

I love California Screamin. That's one of my favorite rides there. Monsters Inc is so fun too. I think I went on that about five times.

I agree POTC is much better in DL. Ditto for Space. But we got the better ToT!
We never made it back for the soup, but the breakfast was delicious! Maybe next time (hopefully won't be TOO far off in the future!) we can visit a cooler time of year and enjoy some soup there.

You got it nailed, WDW definitely got the better ToT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Nice upate! So DH got you on the swinging cars on the Fun Wheel. I thought you were going to be able to resist this time. Was it a "never again" moment or a "not so bad" moment?
It was more of a "never want to do again but could be persuaded if my kids want to do it in the future" kind of moment. I do have to say though that if I had to choose between going the three of us and going just me and DH, I was VERY happy it was just the two of us. I was nervous enough about it without having to hold Paxton on my lap! So thanks again to him for peeing on me at the perfect time!

Quote:
We didn't get to TSM because we were only over there late in the day and the line was almost an hour. I had heard TSM wasn't as popular in California, but it still seemed pretty popular!
I noticed that too! I kept having these ideas in my head that TSM would never be more than 30 or 40 minutes, which I guess is manageable considering they don't have FP and compared to the wait time at DHS, but it was still too long for us most of the time. I think we got lucky to get on in 25 minutes, it definitely got busier as the day wore on.

Quote:
And I agree with you on California Screaming, a fantastic ride, even if the "theme" is rather non-existant. (It's an amusement park!)

I must be one of the few that was less than impressed with the PotC. Yeah, it's definitely longer and better because of it, but the "longer" part isn't all that exciting. I was much more impressed with Space Mountain over PotC.

Your DH did get some really great shots. I can't be bothered with the effort to set a camera up to take those indoor shots, but I can appreciate how hard that is.

Hope you can keep the updates coming.

SP
I know what you mean with POTC...there were a couple of spots where you're floating around looking at nothing, like when you are going up to the last scene. I think what I liked better about it is the fact that there are more scenes and that second drop. Plus it seemed like the scenes filled the room and there were things happening on both sides to look at vs. WDW where most of the action is usually on one side or the other.

He loves playing around with his low-light settings so I know it will make him happy that his hard work is appreciated.

Hoping I can keep updating, probably in big chunks, to be done before we leave for WDW. Keeping up with a PTR and a TR has been difficult enough sometimes, I don't know if I could juggle 2 TRs!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #98
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love all the pictures. One of my favorite is the picture of Harry Hausen's Poster in the Monster's Inc queue. Now I'm reeeealy curious what the menu says. Will have to find out for myself in 18 days!

I'm probably going to be like your DH with fiddling with my camera in the dark rides for my upcoming trip especially since I'll be solo. I've been reading up on tips on what kind of settings to use for the dark rides at Disney. Curious to find out what kind of lens your DH was using and what settings he was using on his camera

Anyway, another fun report! Keep'em coming!

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #99
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Great update! Love all the pictures. One of my favorite is the picture of Harry Hausen's Poster in the Monster's Inc queue. Now I'm reeeealy curious what the menu says. Will have to find out for myself in 18 days!

I'm probably going to be like your DH with fiddling with my camera in the dark rides for my upcoming trip especially since I'll be solo. I've been reading up on tips on what kind of settings to use for the dark rides at Disney. Curious to find out what kind of lens your DH was using and what settings he was using on his camera

Thanks! The Harry Hausen's menu is pretty entertaining. I definitely wouldn't want to eat there myself though!!

I'll ask him to chime in with his camera lens & settings info since I'm totally clueless in that regard.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #100
shishigirl
Mouseketeer

Just reading your trip report and loving it! Im so excited to see carsland. I love the pictures!
shishigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #101
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you were able to exchange your FPs. Thank goodness.

That Toy Story (not TSM, the other one) looks so cool inside and your DH got great pictures,

Yum - your breakfast did look good.

I know how your DH feels about wanting to get a better picture. I do the same thing. His POC pictures turned out great!

Paradise Pier looks so empty during the time your entered. It must be so cool to just be able to walk between parks.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #102
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishigirl View Post
Just reading your trip report and loving it! Im so excited to see carsland. I love the pictures!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm so glad you were able to exchange your FPs. Thank goodness.

That Toy Story (not TSM, the other one) looks so cool inside and your DH got great pictures,

Yum - your breakfast did look good.

I know how your DH feels about wanting to get a better picture. I do the same thing. His POC pictures turned out great!

Paradise Pier looks so empty during the time your entered. It must be so cool to just be able to walk between parks.
Oh what a hassle that stupid FP nonsense was! When it dawned on me that we DID need the second show, I was so annoyed for not realizing it sooner and getting those FPs exchanged the first time, especially when the second CM wouldn't do it. But thank goodness we got it figured out.

He will be happy to read his painstaking attempts to get better & better pictures are appreciated, I'll make sure to let him know you liked them!

It's awesome being able to walk between the parks. It was great for both of our DL trips, the first one because we had DS with us, and this one because we were so short on time. Park hopping in WDW takes so much more time, even with a car. In DL, it's nothing! We got so much done in our short amount of time this trip because of that. It was great!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #103
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
We made it to GRR and picked up our FP for the first WoC show (that's a lot of acronyms in one sentence!

Quote:
Seriously LOVE this roller coaster!!!
I want to try it... one of these days. If I keep saying it, maybe it will happen.

Quote:
I love pretty much all Disney attractions except a rare few (I'm looking at you, Country Bears!)
Hey, this latest refurb might be all you need to make you come around to them.

[QUOTE=khertz;46291579]
Quote:
We spent a good little while in there, looking at all of the bulletin boards and glass cases. There were also some trivia games we had fun playing for awhile. It was a nice place to get out of the sun and away from the crowds of people.
I'm a Disney nerd. I'd love looking through all of that stuff, even if it was mostly models of a new park that had just opened and I had just explored it.

Quote:
We stopped there again to exchange our FP's only to find the CM from earlier was not there and the new CM was telling me she couldn't do that.
What? You actually expected the other CM to be there and the whole process to be seamless?

Quote:
Hopefully it will not be disappointing to ride Pirates (and Space Mountain!) when we go back to WDW in a few weeks. I have gotten spoiled with back to back visits to the "better" versions in DL!
Um... well, the lesser versions of Pirates and Space still beat about 99% of all other theme park rides in this country that are not located in Anaheim, CA or Lake Buena Vista, FL.

Quote:
We walked over to DCA and straight GRR to exchange our WOC FP's for ones for the later show, which luckily went smoothly this time.

By the way, you didn't happen to be wearing a pedometer that day, did you?

Quote:
We also had time to watch the Saints game while we were getting ready, which was nice.
It was nice? This is the 2012 Saints we're talking about, right?
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #104
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

I want to try it... one of these days. If I keep saying it, maybe it will happen.

Hey, this latest refurb might be all you need to make you come around to them.

Doubtful! Although seems as though they are making it shorter, so at least it will be slightly less torture when I do have to sit through it.

I'm a Disney nerd. I'd love looking through all of that stuff, even if it was mostly models of a new park that had just opened and I had just explored it.

It was so interesting! And still fun to look at although we had just finished looking at the real thing not too long before. It was still cool to see how it came together and what level of detail they were planning in, down to explaining the details of the CM uniforms.

What? You actually expected the other CM to be there and the whole process to be seamless?

I know, what ever could I have been thinking?!

Um... well, the lesser versions of Pirates and Space still beat about 99% of all other theme park rides in this country that are not located in Anaheim, CA or Lake Buena Vista, FL.

True that!

By the way, you didn't happen to be wearing a pedometer that day, did you?

That would have been a great idea! We walked all over that day!!

It was nice? This is the 2012 Saints we're talking about, right?

Yes, it was actually nice! We don't get to see many preseason games because we have satellite, and of course the game airing nationally was while we were in California! But we are always excited to watch our Black & Gold Boys, no matter what!! And they actually won that game anyway!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #105
DDuck4Life
Vinylmation and Donald Duck Nut!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post

I was shooting with a Canon XSi and a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. Love that lens. Basically I was just messing with the iso and seeing how low I could put the shutter speed before the ride movement was too much to stay in focus. I kept switching back and forth between 800 and 1600 on the iso to see how much noise I would get in the shot. I was happy with how some of the shots came out, but I didn't get to do any post processing before DW started posting pictures. So these shots are straight from the camera no editing.

It's just tough to get the perfect shot inside the rides, you usually only get one shot and every bump, movement, or persons head in front of you can throw the shot off. frustrating but fun at the same time.
2011 - November - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR 2012 - October - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR
2013 - October - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR 2014 - May - Wilderness Lodge - Adventures at 40"!
DL
2011 - April - Solo Day Trip, 2012 - May - Wyndham's Dolphin CoveTR, 2012 - August - Peacock Suites - Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip TR
DDuck4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: