Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #61
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
How fun that Dumbo flies over!!

Your trip sounds super fun so far! Cant wait to see all your pics from Cars Land
The Dumbo part was SO cute, especially considering we had recently watched the movie with DS prior to our trip. I really adore Dumbo, and he looked so happy flying over the Castle!

Hopefully I can post an update this afternoon while DS is napping...he's been sick for almost a week, so I haven't had as much time to DIS with him not going to daycare and taking care of him at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I never got to see MM&Y. I'm kind of bummed they did away with it.

I actually liked the Disneyland fireworks better than Wishes! I never thought I'd say that because Wishes is just about my favorite thing in Disney World. I like that Tink is more involved in the DL version.

Can't wait to see pictures of Radiator Springs!
I'm bummed we will be in WDW for the transition period to the new show. I really wanted to experience MM&Y on the Castle better since we didn't have the best view in November. But I would have been happy seeing the new show too. Guess we will be waiting until next year to see that!

I did like the Tink interaction & Dumbo especially during Magical, but nothing compares to Wishes for me, except maybe Holiday Wishes!!

Hopefully I can update this afternoon with our Cars Land morning.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #62
khertz

Day 2 Part 1: Life is a Highway

DAY 2: Saturday August 25th

Our first full day in DL started off VERY early with our alarms set for 6 am. With just the two of us to get up and get ready, our mornings went by a lot quicker than they do with DS along! We got dressed and were down to the valet by 6:30 to leave for the park. In hindsight, we probably should have left even sooner, but we still managed to be outside the gates of DCA before they opened at 7 am for the AP/resort guest early entry.

There were a lot of people there, but not as many as I had expected, and it was a very manageable amount of people. When the gates opened, we followed the crowds to Cars Land (we had an idea of where it was, but weren't positive...the park looked a LOT different in May with all of the constructions walls up!). We were halfway down the street before I realized neither of us had the camera out to take pictures! I did end up getting pictures of everything else later in the morning, but for now your picture tour of Radiator Springs starts halfway down the street. lol

We were stopped for the line about halfway down the street, but it started moving quickly as they opened more switchbacks in the line, I'm guessing. Gave me lots of time to snap some pictures as we moved at an even pace down to everyone's destination, Radiator Springs Racers!

Luckily the ride was up and running! We probably could have walked right on if we had gone through the Single Rider line, but we wanted to ride at least once together so we stuck with the standby line and I had more time to take pics. I also took some time to call and check in on how DS was doing with my parents. We waited about 25 minutes in the standby line...not bad at all!

Preview of the track from the line!

Continued in next post...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #63
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh my gosh, radiator springs looks so amazing! I know that many people don't agree with me, but I SO hope that it gets built at the studios. I want the chance to see it sooner, rather than later, and since WDW is my "home" park, I'd be able to see it more often too!

Can't wait to see more!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #64
khertz

Day 2 Part 2: The Race Is On!

DAY 2 Continued: Saturday August 25th

Finally, it was time for us to get in our car! We ended up in the front row, which gave us a great view on our first ride. I don't want to give away too much of the ride, but I will post the few pics we took on our first race.

The ride starts out with a slow, pretty ride through the hills of Radiator Springs.

We didn't take pictures in the second part of the ride this time, but we did later. Basically you go inside the ride building and you're driving through the town at night. You meet up with Mater and some of the other cars in here. Then you start getting ready for your race.

Luigi's Tire Shop

Doc

Getting ready for race time!

We burst outside and go through the race track...Amazing! People compare this to Test Track, but it's really so different. Especially this part, which has turns and humps vs. just going really fast around the loop at the end of TT. So much fun!

When the race is over, you meet up with Lightning McQueen and Mater at the end before exiting the vehicle.

After our exciting first ride on RSR, we wanted to ride the other Cars Land attraction that tends to get backed up during the day, Luigi's Flying Tires. First, I had to get my picture with Stanley, then we headed over to the Casa Della Tires.

This ride was just okay. I'm glad we only waited 10 minutes for it, because I would have been really disappointed to ride it after a long wait. We couldn't get much speed going, so it was like really slow bumper cars on an air hockey table. Fun, but definitely not something we needed to do again.

A Photopass Photographer was out taking pictures with Red the fire engine, but we wanted a pic with all of hills in the background and she was happy to take it for us.

After that, we decided to go over and ride RSR again through the Single Rider line before that got too backed up too. We only ended up waiting 5 minutes and we were placed in the same car, just one of us in the front row and the other in back. This time, DH took some pictures of the darker inside portion of the ride.

This time we got a new paint job!

We decided to leave Mater's Junkyard Jamboree for another time, so we started to make our way out of Cars Land. Lightning McQueen was coming down the street as we exited.

Kachow!

UP NEXT: Checking out the Pier
Old 09-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #65
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Wow, RSR looks so cool! What a neat attraction! I'm glad you guys got a chance to ride luigi's flying tires, because I've been hearing they have been having lots of problems.

That rock work is really amazing, great pic of you and DH!

How cool too that Lightning McQueen was just driving down the street, talk about being immersed!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #66
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh, radiator springs looks so amazing! I know that many people don't agree with me, but I SO hope that it gets built at the studios. I want the chance to see it sooner, rather than later, and since WDW is my "home" park, I'd be able to see it more often too!

Can't wait to see more!
I think it would be fun if they built it in the Studios, but maybe with a different headliner attraction than RSR to make Cars Land appealing on both coasts! It was really amazing to see in person though, pictures can't really do it justice. You hear everyone who describes it say it's like you walked right into Radiator Springs, and it's soooo true, down to the one blinking traffic light (which now I'm cursing myself because I don't think we got a picture of it!). It feels like you're in the movie. The Imagineers did an incredible job on Cars Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Wow, RSR looks so cool! What a neat attraction! I'm glad you guys got a chance to ride luigi's flying tires, because I've been hearing they have been having lots of problems.

That rock work is really amazing, great pic of you and DH!

How cool too that Lightning McQueen was just driving down the street, talk about being immersed!
Yeah, I'm also glad we rode Luigi's after they took out the beach balls, because I don't see how getting hit in the face by a beach ball would make that attraction any more enjoyable! lol
Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #67
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Great, great pictures of Carsland!! It looks liks so much fun! Seeing your pictures got me more excited about visiting DCA in 4 weeks. And love your picture with Stanley's statue. The gold tooth had me cracking up.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #68
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Great, great pictures of Carsland!! It looks liks so much fun! Seeing your pictures got me more excited about visiting DCA in 4 weeks. And love your picture with Stanley's statue. The gold tooth had me cracking up.
I really did my best to avoid seeing a lot of pictures or videos of Cars Land so that all of it would be a surprise. However, seeing it all in person, none of that mattered anyway because it is so authentic you could never see all of the little details in pictures. You are just going to love it when you see it in person!

Last edited by khertz; 09-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #69
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Cars Land looks amazing! So authentic to the movie!

Cant wait to see more
Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #70
MEK
DIS Veteran

I looked at your pictures and they are wonderful. I have to say that Cars Land looks so freakin' cool! Why isn't there one in Disney World????? I really, really want to see it in person.

What a great morning. Can't believe the park opened at 7am. Yikes. That is early and you still had a 25 minute wait. Yeah for the singer rider line!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #71
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Love the pics!! So cool. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes, but it will probably be at least a couple years from now. On the flip side, the lines should be a bit shorted by then.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #72
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great updates!! Cars Land looks amazing! So authentic to the movie!

Cant wait to see more
It was so amazing to see in person. I can't believe how much detail they put into that section of the park! And even though it was busy, it was wide enough to not feel super congested during the day. They did a fantastic job themeing Cars Land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I looked at your pictures and they are wonderful. I have to say that Cars Land looks so freakin' cool! Why isn't there one in Disney World????? I really, really want to see it in person.

What a great morning. Can't believe the park opened at 7am. Yikes. That is early and you still had a 25 minute wait. Yeah for the singer rider line!
Well, the rumors are that Cars Land will be coming to WDW at some point in the future...maybe it will turn out to be true! It would be great for DHS to have something like this, but maybe change up the attractions so it's not a carbon copy of the one in DL.

7 am park opening was SO EARLY!! It was hard waking up that early on vacation, but when it's Disney, you gotta do what you gotta do, right? We definitely wanted to experience Cars Land and RSR without waiting several hours, so getting there early was our only option. The Single Rider line stays consistently about 30 minutes later in the day, but it was nice being able to just walk right on early in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Love the pics!! So cool. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes, but it will probably be at least a couple years from now. On the flip side, the lines should be a bit shorted by then.
Hopefully so! While RSR is a GREAT attraction, I definitely couldn't see myself waiting 3+ hours for it!! If nothing else, at least the line for FP's probably won't be as nuts as it is now.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #73
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

So glad you guys got to take advantage of the AP early entry! Great pics of Carsland and RSR. It was neat to see the queue, as we only rode with FP, so missed out on much of the details. Pictures still hardly do it justice, though. The ride is so much fun and the animatronics are like nothing ever seen. I for one would not mind them putting it in Florida, and I would want RSR in tact.

As far as Luigi's goes, THAT's the ride they could skip in Florida! We still had the beachballs - and I thought they added a bit of fun to what was ultimately a pretty boring ride. It gave the ride an objective - which was to try and scoop up a beachball. Otherwise it would be just leaning and trying to slowly move around the floor. I agree, more than a 10 minute wait makes that one completely skippable.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #74
jenny105
DIS Veteran

OMGosh! How cute! It looks just like the movie. I really hope they bring this to Disney World. I wonder if they will since they have a similar ride in Test Track. I'll take this over Avatarland any day!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #75
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Cars Land looks absolutely amazing!!! I bet Paxton would love it!!!

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: