Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #136
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
"Do you realize the worst part of this whole thing? Our last ride on our anniversary weekend in Disneyland was ROGER RABBIT!"

Actually, thank you for sharing that story. While it was definitely difficult, you really were pretty fortunate that the next day you could say that was the *worst* thing to happen from the trip. At least you got onto a whole bunch of rides before that! Looks like you really knocked out a bunch of them. I am looking forward to checking out Snow White next year, we couldn't get DD on it last trip, as it's just too scary. (You should have seen the tears we had to deal with last year when we insisted on a "last ride" in Orlando.)

I'm glad you got your TR all out before you leave for the NEXT trip. Looks like you might luck out and get some soft opening on the new FL, too.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #137
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, that time zone change really messed with you that weekend, didn't it?

I don't know why in the world I could not keep times or even dates straight in my head the entire weekend!!

I'd attribute it to the fact that not only did you make Early Entry, but you were the first ones there by an hour.

I was pretty surprised by how many other people were there waiting that early too, but yes, you are probably right

Truthfully though, that's a great morning. You really got a lot done there. It probably helped a little bit that it was just the 2 of you too.

We got SO much done in just a few hours! It definitely helped to not have a stroller to push around or toddler demands to give in to, and the fact that we were able to ride everything together instead of switching off.

I was thinking about your trip that weekend. I wondered how the timing worked out on that storm and your travels.

Luckily we made it home just in time. In fact, I didn't include it, but as we were making the drive home my boss called to tell me that since I was scheduled to work the next day and the weather was supposed to get bad overnight, I had to go into the hospital that night. So even though we were home, I still didn't get to sleep a night in my own bed!

You probably could have made it... your luggage might not have been so lucky though.

So, can I take this to mean that you won't be taking advantage of cheap parking rates from Groupon again anytime soon?

Definitely NOT!!

That's actually really creepy. I'm not sure I'd just want to get in a car with somebody like that. And then to be treated that way... awkward...

Apparently they aren't interested in having your business again. They obviously weren't 100% sure they had your business the first time.

The wife could not have been nicer, but the guy was just strange. Because I don't know that he was even really trying to come across as rude, but what he was saying just made the whole car ride totally uncomfortable and awkward.

I'm glad you did. I really wondered how that worked out for you. I wasn't sure if you got in before or after the storm and I wondered what happened with Paxton when you got back and said your parents had some damage.

Thankfully because we were able to get home that night, we took Paxton home early Tuesday morning. Their house flooded the next day. Although my mom did say that had we gotten stuck in Atlanta or anywhere else and couldn't get home, they would have left with Paxton anyway. But I was just so happy we made it in enough time to get my baby boy home with us!

Hey, if that's the worst thing you can say, I'd say it was a great trip!

Definitely!!

Thanks for the Trip Report. I loved seeing Carsland and seeing your take on Disneyland from a more adult perspective.

Have a great time on your upcoming trip and I look forward to seeing what you have to say about that one as well!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post

Actually, thank you for sharing that story. While it was definitely difficult, you really were pretty fortunate that the next day you could say that was the *worst* thing to happen from the trip. At least you got onto a whole bunch of rides before that! Looks like you really knocked out a bunch of them. I am looking forward to checking out Snow White next year, we couldn't get DD on it last trip, as it's just too scary. (You should have seen the tears we had to deal with last year when we insisted on a "last ride" in Orlando.)

I'm glad you got your TR all out before you leave for the NEXT trip. Looks like you might luck out and get some soft opening on the new FL, too.
Yep, aside from getting cut short and the panic of our flight being cancelled, it was an absolutely perfect weekend! We really tackled the parks, and it helped that the wait times were not long (and the fact that we didn't have to child swap!).

Yikes on Snow White! Yeah, it was pretty cool in DL. There is a scene from the dwarfs cottage that I don't believe was in the WDW version that I liked!

I sure hope so! I'm hoping we will be able to see Enchanted Storytime with Belle while we are there.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #138
Jenasweetemotion
♥ Disney Lover ♥

Just finished reading this TR. We are going to be trying Steakhouse 55 for the first time for dinner (ate there several times for breakfast) and I am going to attempt that piece of cake. Although I will have three other people to help me. What a crazy way to end your trip. Thanks again for sharing your trip, now on to read the next TR.

Jenasweetemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #139
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenasweetemotion View Post
Just finished reading this TR. We are going to be trying Steakhouse 55 for the first time for dinner (ate there several times for breakfast) and I am going to attempt that piece of cake. Although I will have three other people to help me. What a crazy way to end your trip. Thanks again for sharing your trip, now on to read the next TR.
You should have a lot more luck tackling that cake with that many people! Lol we didn't stand a chance especially after a full meal! Thanks for commenting
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #140
MEK
DIS Veteran

I realized that I never finished reading this TR, but I've hardly been on the DIS this past month. I am very determined to try to get caught up this weekend.

I so enjoyed all your pictures on DL. I am really zeroing in on Feb 2015 for a trip out there. I hope its not too cold. It's low season for DVC points so fingers crossed.

I never realized that splash was one person to a row. That's different. And BTMMR - what's not to love?

Love all the T's you brought home.

I think I see a link to your October TR so I'm heading over to sub!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #141
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I realized that I never finished reading this TR, but I've hardly been on the DIS this past month. I am very determined to try to get caught up this weekend.

I so enjoyed all your pictures on DL. I am really zeroing in on Feb 2015 for a trip out there. I hope its not too cold. It's low season for DVC points so fingers crossed.

I never realized that splash was one person to a row. That's different. And BTMMR - what's not to love?

Love all the T's you brought home.

I think I see a link to your October TR so I'm heading over to sub!
Hopefully February brings you nice weather!

Splash was different in a lot of ways, not just the ride vehicle. Some of it was downright creepy!! It definitely made me appreciate "my" Splash Mountain in WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: