Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

Is it worth going to MVMCP twice?

Is it worth going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party twice in one trip? The reason I ask is because we arrive on the December 20th, and have tickets for the 21st and due to the time of year and crowds, I was wondering if we would benefit from being in MK twice with a more restricted crowd level and of course, being able to enjoy the party twice since we've never been and more than likely won't be going back at this time of year. We loved the Halloween party so I'm expecting to enjoy the Christmas one just the same. Not sure if it's worth the extra money though - any thoughts?
DisneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
the_princess
DIS Veteran

We went to the party last year and we did have a good time, but I wouldn't do it again. So twice in one trip, no way! I was a little disappointed in the Christmas party. Not much to do or to look at compared to MNSSHP. The parade is nice and so is the firework, but that's about it.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
We went to the party last year and we did have a good time, but I wouldn't do it again. So twice in one trip, no way! I was a little disappointed in the Christmas party. Not much to do or to look at compared to MNSSHP. The parade is nice and so is the firework, but that's about it.

^^^^^^
THIS
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

While I have been to the MVMCP 4 times, I would have to say "no" for 2x during the same trip. Every other year is about right for me. THe cookies and hot chocolate are nothing special AT ALL, but the parade is super. Crowds can be anything inclduing jam packed.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I would (and have!). Your party will be sold out and will be a little more crowded than many others. You will still notice that park seems less crowded, but I've been three times now and I still haven't done all that I wanted.

If you're going specifically for cookies and cocoa, then I would save your money. It's not the reason to go. The reason to go is to see the special stuff and experience something special.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

We typically do hard ticket parties twice per trip. That's nice if you are hunting characters and wanting to watch the parade and fireworks. It allows you to skip the parade and fireworks one night and find some shorter lines.

However, if they keep cutting things, it won't be worth going twice, let alone once.

Latest rumor is that they are considering cutting Belle and the Beast in their Christmas finery in favor of keeping Enchanted Tales with Belle. Not sure why it has to be a tradeoff though since ETWB will be open during the day for most of the Christmas party season.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
5forDis
Mouseketeer

I would not go twice. We haven't been since 2004. I loved it & hope to go again, though I hear things have changed (& not for the better).

14 12 9

5forDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OP.... do keep in mind that starting the 22nd, the Christmas parade will replace the regular parade in the MK during the day. They will also show the Christmas stage show during the day and Holiday Wishes at night in place of regular Wishes.

So even if I wasn't harboring a grudge about Belle like I am..... I would probably just go once during your dates.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
AshleyAnn
Mouseketeer

We've gone once each trip the last two years. This year we are going twice for the first time as we never seem to get everything done we want to. So one night will be dedicated to character hunting, and the other to shows, parades, and fireworks.
April 2012 - Caribbean Resort * 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside * 2010 - Coronado Springs * 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * 1999 - High School Band Trip! (off site) * 1996 - Wilderness Lodge * 1994 - The Cabins at Wilderness Lodge

AshleyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
sympatico
DIS Veteran

No offense to anyone but what do you find to do that you don't get done in one night. We've been a couple of times in the past and have seen all the shows each night with no problem, gone on rides, ate too many cookies and hot chocolate. We're not big character hunters so I guess that must be what takes up your time.
I wouldn't bother going twice since the parade and fireworks will be what you'll see daily after the last party of that week.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympatico View Post
No offense to anyone but what do you find to do that you don't get done in one night. We've been a couple of times in the past and have seen all the shows each night with no problem, gone on rides, ate too many cookies and hot chocolate. We're not big character hunters so I guess that must be what takes up your time.
I wouldn't bother going twice since the parade and fireworks will be what you'll see daily after the last party of that week.
Well, I like characters. Flynn Rider is only out at these parties now along with the other princes. Abu and Genie aren't out a whole lot either and last year Cinderella appeared with Prince Charming and the Tremaynes so that was really cool to see them all together.

Also, I just like being able to take it slow and see everything and ride some rides.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

We are considering going twice because this will probably be the only chance for us to go on the winter months as both my husband and I work in public schools. We are lucky to get the 4 days we are this year. We are going together as a family on the 13th where we want to get the dwarves, princesses, parade and wishes but I may buy tickets for just my daughter and I as we are character hunters on our arrival day of the 11th. I hate the idea of doing that on arrival day but that would be a character only night with a few priorities and leaving the park after with no pressure to stay till close.

I am waiting till the first party to see first if they are keeping Belle and the Beast in their holiday costumes as that is a priority along with the dwarves.

If I could go many a few years at this time, I wouldn't do two parties. As it is between 4 days including travel, holiday happenings and FLE, I have to really work on planning what are priorities when we usually have 7 days for a trip. Trying my best to not be a commando where we are rushing and not having fun!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
kaligal
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't pay for it at all. You'll get the best parts for free. Send your $60 to Cheryl and Co and get some cookies.

Even if you wouldn't be there when it was free, I *might* suggest going once...but twice? No way.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
Art 1
DIS Veteran

No. It's not even worth going once if your going to be in the MK during the normal course of your trip.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks for the responses - I'm surprised so many people said not to do it.

We're already going to the last date, but have not purchased tickets for the additional party. I just thought it might be fun as we weren't planning on going into a park at all that day (it's our arrival day) but since they are doing the same parade/wishes regularly during the week after the parties are over, I guess doesn't make sense to go twice.

We certainly weren't going for the "free" cookies - I was thinking about using the time on the first night to see the parade/fireworks once, and really spend time on the rides rather with a smaller group of people than we'll experience throughout the rest of the trip and then on the 2nd night simply being there for atmosphere purposes/parade/fireworks - not really worrying about the rides. I'm not even really concerned with the character meet and greets - were all adults going and while we love greeting the characters, we wouldn't wait in a long line to see one - if it isn't a short line, we just move on.

Does it snow on Main St. at non-party dates? Or is that simply a party only thing? The reason I ask is because if you can see the same parade and fireworks, is there any reason at all to go even once since we'll be there when the special events run regardless of the "party"?
DisneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: