Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #3706
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm thinking of changing my flight to arrive earlier in the day on the 29th. Right now I'm not landing until 5:20pm, but thinking I may change it to land late morning instead. That day would probably be checking out the resorts for Christmas decorations, and exploring them for future possible stays. Only resorts I've been to are POP, where I've stayed twice, and I visited CBR in February for a bit.
More Disney time is always recommended around here.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #3707
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Good afternoon everyone!

DH is watching a show about plane crashes. Why does he do this so close to our trip?
That made me laugh! Totally something my DH would do.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #3708
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
There's an official holiday one on this thread.
There is? Do you remember what page?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #3709
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I feel your pain :/. It's cold here, with lots of wind.
Actually, it hasn't been too bad out today. I think it was in the low 50's today and the temps will be going back up to the high 60's and low 70's by either tomorrow or Monday. I'm still not turning on our heat yet.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #3710
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
More Disney time is always recommended around here.
Oh, and I didn't think anyone would say it was a bad idea! I was originally going to work for 2 hours that morning, which is why I did the later flight. But realizing that after taxes I'll get like $25 for that day and knowing I could get HOURS more at WDW instead, I'm going to change it now.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #3711
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
Our trips don't overlap but I plan on having a LGMH on my camera case and possibly my lanyard/purse too. Not sure what I will be wearing/bringing to the parks from day to day as that may change. I just looked at my phone app and we have 56 days......I think I will work on my door wreath today, which means a trip to Michael's for the actual "greenery". I'm in the mood for crafting but in actuality I'm really just putting off grocery shopping.

Hey, do you guys think it'll be warm enough for sandals on a Dec trip to WDW? I just looked at my feet and I'm going to need a pedicure if that's the case I would love some fancy disney toenails!
Good idea with putting the LGMH on your lanyard! I'd been wondering where to put mine sine I'm not planning on carrying a bag in the parks and that's the perfect solution.

If the high is around 70 I'm sure I'll wear my good Merrell sandals some while we're there. If I wear the same tennis shoes the whole trip my feet will be miserable by the time we head home!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #3712
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I wont even take a pair of sandals to WDW, but I will definitely have cute Disney toes. Cant decide if I want red with white dots or a fun color with Mickey heads on my big toes. Even if no one sees them, I will know they are there.
I think I already have my cream colored Clark sandals packed.....they are super super comfy.....and I just ordered two pairs of Sketcher's shoes from Amazon......a really cute pair of black mary janes.....and a nice casual grey mary jane. They have good arch support, which I need. If it's cold enough to wear long pants I'll bring my Dansko's....which I wear every day at work in the lab. They are a bit heavy but my feet never hurt when I wear them (and I'm on my feet 90% of the time at work). I'm excited to get those shoes just to make sure I don't need to send them back. Wanna get them nice and broken in before Dec!

As far as the toes go......I may tend to do the MM heads......what about red toes with black MM heads? Or I have a really pretty hot pink polish?
Old 10-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #3713
ksromack
DIS Veteran

BTW, I think I'm doing a swell job of putting off grocery shopping....don't you agree?
Old 10-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #3714
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
BTW, I think I'm doing a swell job of putting off grocery shopping....don't you agree?
Champion job of putting off a chore that ranks right up there with laundry as far as being annoying goes!

And the red with black Mickey heads sounds fantastic. Hmm....I think I may have a sparkly red polish in my drawer
Old 10-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #3715
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
This must be national "put off your grocery shopping" day. Cuz that's what we just did!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #3716
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

As I live in FL, I will be wearing sandals (my comfie Keens) at WDW just like I would normally be doing in Ft. Lauderdale. Of course, if it unseasonably cold, we shall see what I do.

No matter what though, I will be wearing my most comfortable walking shoes:

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #3717
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
As I live in FL, I will be wearing sandals (my comfie Keens) at WDW just like I would normally be doing in Ft. Lauderdale. Of course, if it unseasonably cold, we shall see what I do.

No matter what though, I will be wearing my most comfortable walking shoes:

OMG !

Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #3718
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Confession time

Raise your hand if you are holding on to an ADR that you will probably cancel. (Don't need to admit what it is)

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"

Last edited by tofubeast; 10-13-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #3719
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Confession time

Raise you hand if you are holding on to an ADR that you will probably cancel. (Don't need to admit what it is)

Ooh, am holding two because we haven't done the final final final plan yet!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #3720
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Hey, do you guys think it'll be warm enough for sandals on a Dec trip to WDW? I just looked at my feet and I'm going to need a pedicure if that's the case I would love some fancy disney toenails!
It very well might be ... I have often worn flips flops during the day in December in GA. Just remember though, you might need to change them for the evening if the temp drops a lot.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: