Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #3691
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys

Seeing if this worked?
Thanks for help....before, it was putting my reply in the quote box. Who knows what i was doing....
Old 10-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #3692
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys View Post
Seeing if this worked?
It most certainly did
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #3693
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

OT - I wanted to work on some creative Disney stuff today but I realized I'd better work on my son's birthday party first. He wanted a Skylanders theme and there are no Skylander party supplies available yet. So I need to make decorations and stuff. I started by making 30 stickers each with a different Skylander from the old and new sets. It's a laser tag party so each of the kids can play a different Skylander.

Skylander Buttons 1 by tltorrez, on Flickr
Old 10-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #3694
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys

Thanks for help....before, it was putting my reply in the quote box. Who knows what i was doing....
With my iPad app sometimes it screws up royally. But you did it!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #3695
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post

Is it really possible to see the turn on of the Osborne Lights and enjoy it ...and catch Fantasmic!? Or is it possible to watch Fantasmic! and still have enough time to go over and really take in the lights?
Thanks for the awesome map!! RE: Osborne, I have read they often keep the lights on a good 45mins to an hour after closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
So, this huge delicious looking Pork Shank available at Gastons Tavern ... do you think it will be on a snack credit? I consider it a snack
I read on another thread this morning that the DP credit sticker was removed from the sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
As I was replying to all these responces (thanks for the quick feedback!), I realized we don't have as much time in HS as I thought.
You have a pretty packed schedule. If I were you, I wouldn't pay extra for park hoppers. But if you decide to ditch your plans, you can always add it on while at WDW.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #3696
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

IMPORTANT

This thread will become full in just a few pages. When I start Part THREE, please wait till after post #3 to start posting in that thread so I can get our Roll Call, Links and "post #3" feature spot all set up.

I will post a link to the new thread (when it is created) in the first post of this thread so you know where to go if you come back here and this thread is locked.

I will probably post this once or twice more as we approach page 250...so I apologize in advance.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #3697
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon everyone!

It's a chilly/rainy/cloudy day here in Minnesota. It's about 50 outside and it wont get any warmer. I usually go hiking with a friend but dirt paths and rainy weather don't mix too well.

DH is watching a show about plane crashes. Why does he do this so close to our trip?

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #3698
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN
Good afternoon everyone!

It's a chilly/rainy/cloudy day here in Minnesota. It's about 50 outside and it wont get any warmer. I usually go hiking with a friend but dirt paths and rainy weather don't mix too well.

DH is watching a show about plane crashes. Why does he do this so close to our trip?
I inevitably see a story about someone being injured at an amusement park or something going wrong on a plane a few days before my vacations. I try to think its just bad timing, and nothing bad has happened yet!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #3699
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
OT - I wanted to work on some creative Disney stuff today but I realized I'd better work on my son's birthday party first. He wanted a Skylanders theme and there are no Skylander party supplies available yet. So I need to make decorations and stuff. I started by making 30 stickers each with a different Skylander from the old and new sets. It's a laser tag party so each of the kids can play a different Skylander.

Great job! THe kids will love them
Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #3700
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
IMPORTANT

This thread will become full in just a few pages. When I start Part THREE, please wait till after post #3 to start posting in that thread so I can get our Roll Call, Links and "post #3" feature spot all set up.

I will post a link to the new thread (when it is created) in the first post of this thread so you know where to go if you come back here and this thread is locked.

I will probably post this once or twice more as we approach page 250...so I apologize in advance.
Yeah!,, we are close!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #3701
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Here is my schedule so far....I am all about the changing!

Saturday 12/1 - Arrival day! Check into WL. Enjoy the resort, grab lunch at Roaring Forks and swim if it is nice out. Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping that night!

Sunday 12/2 - Start the morning off at MK. (We always start at MK)
No ADRs this day so whatever we are hungry for we will get.
DHS for EMH! Planning to stand in line for Toy Story Mania no matter what because we missed it last trip. We also want to take the animator's class again because it was great last time.

Monday 12/3 - Starting the day off at Epcot. Hoping there will be a soft opening to TT...
Going to MK for EMH and the dessert party!

Tuesday 12/4 - Starting the morning at Chef Mickey's! We have no park plans for this day, but anything is possible. We may rent a car for the day and drive around and go to a beach.

Still working on my Wednesday through Friday plans.

I will be wearing a small bright pink backpack with a LGMH of course. I will also put my DIS name on it. If you see me, please say hi!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #3702
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post

How fun!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #3703
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm thinking of changing my flight to arrive earlier in the day on the 29th. Right now I'm not landing until 5:20pm, but thinking I may change it to land late morning instead. That day would probably be checking out the resorts for Christmas decorations, and exploring them for future possible stays. Only resorts I've been to are POP, where I've stayed twice, and I visited CBR in February for a bit.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #3704
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Here is my schedule so far....I am all about the changing!

Saturday 12/1 - Arrival day! Check into WL. Enjoy the resort, grab lunch at Roaring Forks and swim if it is nice out. Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping that night!

Sunday 12/2 - Start the morning off at MK. (We always start at MK)
No ADRs this day so whatever we are hungry for we will get.
DHS for EMH! Planning to stand in line for Toy Story Mania no matter what because we missed it last trip. We also want to take the animator's class again because it was great last time.

Monday 12/3 - Starting the day off at Epcot. Hoping there will be a soft opening to TT...
Going to MK for EMH and the dessert party!

Tuesday 12/4 - Starting the morning at Chef Mickey's! We have no park plans for this day, but anything is possible. We may rent a car for the day and drive around and go to a beach.

Still working on my Wednesday through Friday plans.

I will be wearing a small bright pink backpack with a LGMH of course. I will also put my DIS name on it. If you see me, please say hi!
Our trips don't overlap but I plan on having a LGMH on my camera case and possibly my lanyard/purse too. Not sure what I will be wearing/bringing to the parks from day to day as that may change. I just looked at my phone app and we have 56 days......I think I will work on my door wreath today, which means a trip to Michael's for the actual "greenery". I'm in the mood for crafting but in actuality I'm really just putting off grocery shopping.

Hey, do you guys think it'll be warm enough for sandals on a Dec trip to WDW? I just looked at my feet and I'm going to need a pedicure if that's the case I would love some fancy disney toenails!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #3705
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post

Hey, do you guys think it'll be warm enough for sandals on a Dec trip to WDW? I just looked at my feet and I'm going to need a pedicure if that's the case I would love some fancy disney toenails!
I wont even take a pair of sandals to WDW, but I will definitely have cute Disney toes. Cant decide if I want red with white dots or a fun color with Mickey heads on my big toes. Even if no one sees them, I will know they are there.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: