Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #3676
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

Not much to say, just wanted to say 'Good morning, all!'
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #3677
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN

I like having hoppers only because we end up hopping a lot. We usually start with one park in the morning, take a break and then end the night at another park. Even if you have plans to stay at one park all day, you never know when you may want to change the plan. For example DH and I were at HS one day and it was hot and miserable and really crowded. Even though we did not plan on leaving HS we decided to hop on a boat to Epcot. It was great to have that freedom.
We love park hoppers. It allows us to be flexible and spontaneous!

With that said, we didn't get them for this trip because the hours are shorter than when we're normally there, we're going to MVMCP and we are only there for 4 days. I can always add them if we change our mind

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #3678
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara76

I think 2 days at DHS is a waste personally, I don't think we have ever spent 2 full days there.
Us either. A full day at most. For a 5+ day trip, we might do two half days - one am, one pm. Or just go in the morning and stay until we're done, then hop

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #3679
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard
Happy Saturday All! I've noticed that WDW hasn't put out a numbered map of the Fantasyland Expansion. They love their secrets!

Soooo, I made one in Photoshop by combining the hi-res graphic that Disney gave out and information provided by talented and dedicated DISboarder Robo who has been keeping up on attraction locations on a sattelite map. Here is a board-friendly version:

And here is a link to the big version CLICK HERE

Enjoy!
Thank you!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #3680
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Soooooo we watched an episode of Big Bang (to put us back in our happy place)......
Btw - this is our absolute fav show. When we're not watching TV we just have it on in the background (love TBS for that ) "Sheldonisms" are a part of our household
Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #3681
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Fri, Dec 14. Plan on getting to hotel around 1PM, via DME. Check in, head to Epcot. Lunch at Rose & Crown at 2:10. Illuminations at night. Epcot has PM EMH.
I did not have this listed as PM EMH. This is our La Nouba night anyway and we have 9pm Narcoosee ADR, not sure if we could make it to Epcot but it may be worth a monorail ride to see!

Quote:
Sat, Dec 15. Hollywood Studios. Lunch at 50s Primetime Cafe at 1:50PM. Heading to Downtown Disney for Cirque du Soleil's 6PM showing. Dinner at T-Rex at 8:30PM
Hey, we'll be at DHS this day too.....but I think we leave right after the 3pm parade so it's not really a full day for us. I hope we can get all of DHS in during our time there......I guess that's why having a park hopper will come in handy.....
Quote:
Sun, Dec 16. EPCOT. Breakfast at Akershus at 8:20AM, dinner at Le Cellier at 7:35PM. Abby wants to drink around the world, so we'll be doing most of our rides Friday, and taking it casual in Epcot on Sunday. Illuminations at night.
We'll be at Epcot for a Via Napoli ADR at 11:30am. I like the idea of drinking around the World....but we are tentatively planning on heading to ESPN and catching some of the sunday football games......but do I really want to waste precious WDW time watching football? Hm...will have to think about this.
Quote:
Mon, Dec 17. Animal Kingdom (with EMH AM). Breakfast at Tusker House at 9:10AM. Dinner at California Grill at 5:05PM. Sunset is at 5:32PM, so we'll get a nice view. Then, monorail hop for a bit to see holiday decorations before heading back to California Grill for fireworks, or heading to the Polynesian beach (depending on the weather). After that, depending on how tired we are, head to the Boardwalk to check out Jellyrolls.

Tues, Dec 18. Magic Kingdom. Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:10AM. Dinner at 'Ohana at 4:45PM. MVMCP at night.

Wed, Dec 19. Magic Kingdom. Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:05AM. Dinner at Be Our Guest at 6:30PM. Parade and fireworks at night.

Thurs, Dec 20. Hollywood Studios. Seas Aqua Tour at EPCOT (meets at Epcot main gate at 12:00PM - tour doesn't require park admission). Fantasmic at night. Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In at 8:20PM.

Fri, Dec 21. Epcot in the AM. Lunch at Via Napoli at 11:30AM before heading to the resort to catch DME back to the airport.
It doesn't look like you will really NEED a park hopper but like others have said....you can always add it on later if you feel you need it.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #3682
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Ok I just did some quick reading to catch up on the 5 pages I missed since last night! I hope everyone is enjoying their day!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #3683
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm debating the same thing. I think I'm just going to stick with my iPhone for this trip. We already have FP+, so I'll just need my camera for spur of the moment things, right?
I hadn't thought about that. You are right. I don't think I'll be able to leave my dSLR home, though. It's rather attached to my eye-hole.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #3684
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

Believe it or not, it's supposed to be 83 degrees today, here in StL!
It's pouring rain here in Kansas City, but at least it's still 70!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #3685
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper

I'm debating the same thing. I think I'm just going to stick with my iPhone for this trip. We already have FP+, so I'll just need my camera for spur of the moment things, right?
My thoughts exactly, though I would loooove to shoot at WDW. I know! A solo trip for mom just to take pictures!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #3686
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I hadn't thought about that. You are right. I don't think I'll be able to leave my dSLR home, though. It's rather attached to my eye-hole.
Same here. I can shoot 1000 pics at a soccer game. U8, mind you. Lol

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #3687
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

How do u quote?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #3688
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys View Post
How do u quote?
Go to the post you wanna quote and hit 'quote' button in bottom right corner. If you wanna multi-quite hit the button next to it on each post you want then hit 'post reply' button - the window will open with all the quotes in it.

Did I make sense, I have to ask, because I know I sometimes speak my own language
Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #3689
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909

My thoughts exactly, though I would loooove to shoot at WDW. I know! A solo trip for mom just to take pictures!
I think one of my favorite things about taking solo trips is taking the time to take pictures of everything. My trip in Feb I took 400-700 pictures per day on a 8.5 day trip.

And I'm late to the conversation, but I have never used park hoppers and have never wished I did. I think they are a waste of time and money. The time you spend travelling park to park you could do several rides instead. JMHO though.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #3690
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Go to the post you wanna quote and hit 'quote' button in bottom right corner. If you wanna multi-quite hit the button next to it on each post you want then hit 'post reply' button - the window will open with all the quotes in it.

Did I make sense, I have to ask, because I know I sometimes speak my own language
Seeing if this worked?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: