Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #3616
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Soon, my oldest started preschool and seems to bring home a new illness every week... Blah! She's a toughie it's my 15 month old that turns into a cuddly little beast!!

It's a life style change- gotta try your best and since you physically can't exercise the diet part is great! I find that harder than exercising.... Well hopefully everything starts feeling better soon like 49 days soon!!!!

So all this camera talk has me excited to bring my DSLR this trip. We moved to picturesque NH and I stopped taking pictures (lots of emotional stuff, losing my dad, PPD, just life has been off for 6 years) So still working through stuff but trying to do some things I loved before. So, my big dilemma I don't want to carry a large camera bag but I have 3 lenses and a flash... It's tight though... So my big debate, larger camera bag (no!) 2 lenses ( ) or stuff it in and go with it?
I am having the same debate with myself. I really don't want to have to carry my camera bag everywhere it gets HEAVY.

Homeschooling mom of 2 (10 & 4) | Blogger | Photographer

Links removed by Admin

76-82 - Too many times to count !
1997 - Christmas Trip for 25th Ann. - Dixie Landing Resort (now POR)
2004 - DS First Trip to WDW - Stayed Offsite
2005 - 2006 - PAP living in the Orlando Area - too many times to count
Febuary 17 - March 3, 2007 - POP

Next Trip - first trip - December 10-16 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #3617
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
That totally makes sense. I think you have convinced me to do DHS EMH.
My TA (yes, I booked with a TA...before I learned of the DIS) is trying to convince me into adding park hoppers onto our tickets. I'm not sure when we'd use it based on our schedule. I'm gonna ask her when she thinks we would use it. I'm torn about it. Thoughts?
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #3618
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara76

I am having the same debate with myself. I really don't want to have to carry my camera bag everywhere it gets HEAVY.
I got this small national geographic bag... It works well minus the whole not fitting everything!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #3619
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper

My TA (yes, I booked with a TA...before I learned of the DIS) is trying to convince me into adding park hoppers onto our tickets. I'm not sure when we'd use it based on our schedule. I'm gonna ask her when she thinks we would use it. I'm torn about it. Thoughts?
You could add them on down there... We use them but it works with our schedule set up.... How much is it again? $55?

Personally I like the freedom of skipping around too- however you also have a lot of ADRs too.. Right?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #3620
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I recommend Park Hoppers to all of my friends and family. We don't follow a strict schedule, and there have been many times we have gone to a park, found it too crowded and hopped to a different park. AK and DHS don't take all day, so it goes the option of 2 parks on those days.

Links removed by Admin

Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #3621
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

That's good to know! We'll be there on 12/2 as well : We've got ADRs for H&V since 50's PT was booked.
We are hopping to DHS this evening also!! Crazy... we all have the same plan!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #3622
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
You could add them on down there... We use them but it works with our schedule set up.... How much is it again? $55?

Personally I like the freedom of skipping around too- however you also have a lot of ADRs too.. Right?
Yup, $55 per person. And yes, we have lots of ADRs. Usually a breakfast and a dinner. But it would allow us to move around for PM EMHs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara76 View Post
I recommend Park Hoppers to all of my friends and family. We don't follow a strict schedule, and there have been many times we have gone to a park, found it too crowded and hopped to a different park. AK and DHS don't take all day, so it goes the option of 2 parks on those days.
Our AK day we have a 5PM California Grill ADR, so I figured we'd leave the park by 3PM at the latest to head to AoA, change, and then to the ADR. Then, I think we'll monorail hop for a bit to see resort decorations before heading back to California Grill or the Polynesian beach to watch fireworks. It's our only "free" night, so I doubt we'll head to a park. Plus, I think we'll end up at Jellyrolls that night, too.

It's weird, some people say DHS doesn't take a full day, and others say they need two days. I'm incredibly confused as to how to plan our day(s) there. My TA has us there for an AM EMH + most of the day for one day (before heading to a 6PM showing of Cirque du Soleil), plus another full day later in the week.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #3623
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

DH and DS were watching the game while I was catching up here with 4 pages to read. I heard DH yell, "YES!" NYY won!

DS was mad when he found out that Lou Ford is with the Orioles now. He was part of the Long Island Ducks not too long ago. DS got his autograph when DH took him to a game.

Wow! Page 240 and just 10 pages to go. We will definitely be on the 3rd incarnation of this thread before the weekend is out.
Small world... Lew Ford is from our town.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #3624
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I like having hoppers only because we end up hopping a lot. We usually start with one park in the morning, take a break and then end the night at another park. Even if you have plans to stay at one park all day, you never know when you may want to change the plan. For example DH and I were at HS one day and it was hot and miserable and really crowded. Even though we did not plan on leaving HS we decided to hop on a boat to Epcot. It was great to have that freedom.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #3625
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yup, $55 per person. And yes, we have lots of ADRs. Usually a breakfast and a dinner. But it would allow us to move around for PM EMHs.

Our AK day we have a 5PM California Grill ADR, so I figured we'd leave the park by 3PM at the latest to head to AoA, change, and then to the ADR. Then, I think we'll monorail hop for a bit to see resort decorations before heading back to California Grill or the Polynesian beach to watch fireworks. It's our only "free" night, so I doubt we'll head to a park. Plus, I think we'll end up at Jellyrolls that night, too.

It's weird, some people say DHS doesn't take a full day, and others say they need two days. I'm incredibly confused as to how to plan our day(s) there. My TA has us there for an AM EMH + most of the day for one day (before heading to a 6PM showing of Cirque du Soleil), plus another full day later in the week.
I think 2 days at DHS is a waste personally, I don't think we have ever spent 2 full days there.

Links removed by Admin

Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #3626
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't think 2 full days is needed there... Unless you want to ride RnR, ToT, ST over and over again. I think one day there is more than enough. However it is a great place to "hop" to - to do one or two of those rides. I think HS is also easy to get around it doesn't have as much ground to cover as the other parks...
Old 10-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #3627
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Ok guys I really want to do Chef Mickey's but I can't find any openings that aren't at 9pm the week of Dec. 10-16. If anyone sees any let me know please. Should I be stalking dining reservations daily?
Yes
Kinda need to at this point.

Quote:
Post your abbreviated schedule again. That will help me in advice giving.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #3628
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

I love having park hoppers, I don't think we have ever not had them. We 'plan' where to start our day but usually never end the day in the same park. This trip we only have 3 day tickets, so hopping will be a mist to see everything we want too

It's a COLD, FROSTY morning here in PA. We have a 2 year olds birthday party to go to today. His momma is a Disney fanatic too and the party theme is Mickeys clubhouse. I can't wait to see it, she said she's doing a 'hot dog bar' for food, lol. Gotta love Pinterest

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #3629
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I realised last night I was out of milk so I got up at 7am to go get some and you never guess what?!?! A box of doughnuts (or donuts as you guys say ) FELL INTO MY BASKET. I was so mortified I thought I better eat them quick because WHO KNOWS who they could have attacked next. I know, striving for a safer world each day. You're welcome.

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Ok guys I really want to do Chef Mickey's but I can't find any openings that aren't at 9pm the week of Dec. 10-16. If anyone sees any let me know please. Should I be stalking dining reservations daily?
Stalking is good. You never now when that window of opportunity will open.

Quote:
It really depends on you. I know some that cannot live without them .... I thought we couldn't but when I reflect, we don't hop enough and its not a necessity. We don't have them this trip and I am totally comfortable with that. You can add at anytime so, if you feel you need them, add there. Don't buy now and then regret that you didn't use them enough.

Quote:

Ok DHS is a park I really enjoy - I love the atmosphere, the look of it (its beautiful at night when lit up) I love the shows and I'm a Star Wars freak so love the SW shop.

I wouldn't say it was a two-day park at all but it is most definitely a full day park - I had to make sure I schedule this day to co-incide with EMH.

Ummmm, no offense, but I don't think your TA has been to Disney
Old 10-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #3630
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post

It's a COLD, FROSTY morning here in PA. We have a 2 year olds birthday party to go to today. His momma is a Disney fanatic too and the party theme is Mickeys clubhouse. I can't wait to see it, she said she's doing a 'hot dog bar' for food, lol. Gotta love Pinterest
It's a blustery 80 degrees here. But windy and dry! Love the dry! We are going to a 3 year old's b'day party next weekend with the same theme. I am excited!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: