Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #3511
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Are the rooms bigger? Maybe that is the reason why it's more than the rest of the values
Yes, it's mostly Family Suites.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #3512
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

souvenir list
packing list
which outfits for which days list
must have snack list
buy more clothes on Disney Store online
get window decorations
buy new shoes and walk to break-in new shoes
buy cute little travel toiletries
get a manicure with little Mickey heads
Great ideas! The snack list alone should take days since we're in the DxDDP and have an obscene number is snack credits to go through. And I hadn't even thought about decorating our window!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #3513
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Nope. A few years ago we lost our business (rough! but all good now) so the first thing was get rid of the credit cards. Then, after tons of research (which I won't bore you with ) I decided that it would be better to learn to live without them which is what we did and, tbh, I love not having them. I don't have the dreaded credit card bill (I am a spender ) . We deal with our money differently now and, although it took a while, it works better.

Yep, I might call the bank first. I'm just thinking that, even though it will be an in-state payment and there is more than enough to cover it, its unusual for me to suddenly drop 6k, so would they class it as 'unusual activity'?. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. I can do that.
A call to the bank for that dollar amount is a good idea, just as a heads up. Also for people traveling out of state you should call your bank the week before travel and have your bank put on a travel alert so they don't mess up your debit card seeing transactions out of state. For us we do it because we drive so we let them know when we travel so they don't see gas station charges from PA to FL and red flag our acct (we don't have credit cards either so a hold on our debit card would be devastating)

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #3514
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

I gotta get on that too. It's a little pricey, but I think I'll make it back just in the ride pics alone.
I'll be doing the regular PP again this time.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #3515
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Yes. When we were there last year, we got to DHS at 10am and left at 1am. Its a great park to just take leisurely with lots of great shows and unusual shops (there is even a bookstore where you can sit and chill). We took a 2hr stop at Hollywood Brown Derby to eat .... it was a fantastic day and it was my hubby's fav.
A bookstore ? I don't remember ever seeing one there. Where is it located?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #3516
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Are the rooms bigger? Maybe that is the reason why it's more than the rest of the values
I don't think the regular rooms are. Most of the resort is family suites, which are very large. Most likely the price difference is just because it is new and people will pay a premium for it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #3517
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Yes, it's mostly Family Suites.
Ahhh. That would account for the the cost being more.

Dang! I can't believe in the last five(eta - ok maybe 10 or so) minutes since I posted that question, we have already hit another page! We are a very busy and talkative bunch today!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #3518
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

Imagine how many pages you'll miss in 2 days when we get to Part 3...? The closer we get to Dec, the more questions, answers and updates. Never mind the posts that will occur when some of us start going down there.
My head is spinning.

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #3519
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

I gotta get on that too. It's a little pricey, but I think I'll make it back just in the ride pics alone.
I ordered and revived ours. DH said since its our 10th anniversary he looks at it like our wedding pics, he wants them as memories from the trip and between Tusker House, Askershus, and ride photos alone it's worth it

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #3520
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06

My head is spinning.
Yes, it's hard to keep up. I'm going back to the doc this afternoon bc my hands are still tingling. DH need to go out of town this weekend, so he wants me checked out again. I imagine we will be a few more pages closer by the time I get back!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #3521
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
My head is spinning.
Tell me about it! This thread has been moving so fast that it's hard for me to check on some other threads.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #3522
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Ugh

For those of you doing MK with toddlers----

How are you planning to tour FL/FLE, assuming you are there for rope drop? I am just trying to figure out what will be the priority. Pan/Pooh then off to LM and Belle? Then SBL? hmmm and hmmm
I am park hopping and planning on 3 morning rope drops at MK with the kids in mind. AK I have two mornings and HS and Epcot a morning each.... My nights consist mostly of HS and Epcot with one or two MK nights. I am hoping the 3 mornings will allow us to hit FLE one morning, FL another and then Adventureland/Frontierland another.... I figure an AM in the other parks will give oppurtunity for FP on Soarin', TSM, etc.... We are spending more time in MK than anywhere else, however, with the kiddos it makes most sense for us. Plus MK is my favorite park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
How in the world have I not been here in 2 days and now I have almost 25 pages to read ! AAAH!
Good Luck!! We are moving along at a good pace!! However, it is friday, the weekend is here, and well it seems to get a little quiet once we are around our families!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I refuse to look at crowd calendars - I think it pushes you into overplanning. The way I see it, you have either booked low or high season ... how much more control can you have over the crowds?

As some know on here, I'm the one that does Disney wrong I always go to PM EMH, I don't do RD and I have scheduled MK for a Saturday (its our first full day, always start with MK) and we have an AWESOME time and don't feel stressed or that we missed anything.

Thing is, even on a low crowd day, it is going to be much more crowded than my usual everyday life so I just roll with it

Having said all that stuff that doesn't help you one little bit I read regularly that easywdw is normally accurate.

BUT .... how do they really know, are they psychic
I don't really look at crowd calendars either... I just try to avoid things like MK Xmas Day Parade taping, and things of that nature!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Imagine how many pages you'll miss in 2 days when we get to Part 3...? The closer we get to Dec, the more questions, answers and updates. Never mind the posts that will occur when some of us start going down there.
Yep!! Starting Nov 30th I am sure you'll be getting live updates from me!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #3523
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

51 more days till we hit the road

(trying to figure out if I am using the right photobucket code to post pics)

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #3524
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I just had a thought... hmm

We are there 6 days, 5 of which will be in the parks (M-F 12/10-14). I had planned on 2 visits to MK, one afternoon through MVMCP and the other on a recommended day, rope drop till early afternoon.

SO... we were planning to spend the first park day (morning) at DHS. I was looking at the attractions and rides and DHS, and there just isn't all that much to do for a 2 year old. I don't think she would sit through the LM show. She's too small/young for Honey I Shrunk play area. Only things I can picture her enjoying is TSM and perhaps the Movie ride. Of course, I would do Disney Jr.
We will return later that day for dinner and Osborne lights. (I want to sneak in a ride on new Star Tours).

I'm starting to think it might just be worth dropping DHS from the plans so we can spend more time at MK. Then again, MK that day is not recommended, but if we could go at rope drop, it should still be do-able. HMMMM While I love TSM/TT/RnR, I have been on them numerous times. (We could still try for TT/RnR at night perhaps). I guess I should see what DH thinks. What do you all think?

I'm just feeling like I am starting to lose focus that this trip is for my DD. Am I missing obvious other attractions she would really enjoy at DHS?

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #3525
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids
getting closer.....just ordered my PP+.....
Ooooh, I need to do that

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: