Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #3496
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Ok, December peeps, I am experiencing some trip planning angst this morning. I had compared the crowd calendars from touring plans and Easy WDW - and they were very similar - to determine which park to visit which day. Then, today, I looked at Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar and it is drastically different from the other two calendars and pretty much contradicts my park picks. Do any of you use the crowd calendars and which one do you find to be most accurate? I should add that last year we used touring plan and it seemed pretty accurate.
I refuse to look at crowd calendars - I think it pushes you into overplanning. The way I see it, you have either booked low or high season ... how much more control can you have over the crowds?

As some know on here, I'm the one that does Disney wrong I always go to PM EMH, I don't do RD and I have scheduled MK for a Saturday (its our first full day, always start with MK) and we have an AWESOME time and don't feel stressed or that we missed anything.

Thing is, even on a low crowd day, it is going to be much more crowded than my usual everyday life so I just roll with it

Having said all that stuff that doesn't help you one little bit I read regularly that easywdw is normally accurate.

BUT .... how do they really know, are they psychic
Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #3497
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
Good morning! 9 weeks here

Anyone driving down? How long is your drive and what time of the day do you plan on leaving? Any stops along the way?

googlemaps says we have a 451 mile trip (or 7hrs 41 mins). With a few reststops to fuel up and to grab lunch, we're probably looking at 8.5-9 hours. Of course I want to leave as early as possible in the morning. DBF on the other hand doesn't want to budge below 8 a.m.
We are driving from near Philadelphia PA, from what I figure it will take us around 17 hours driving with field and food stops (and a stop at the border for OJ, making DH cringe). We are leaving Sunday afternoon around dinner time and should get to POP around 10am on Monday

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #3498
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I refuse to look at crowd calendars - I think it pushes you into overplanning. The way I see it, you have either booked low or high season ... how much more control can you have over the crowds?

As some know on here, I'm the one that does Disney wrong I always go to PM EMH, I don't do RD and I have scheduled MK for a Saturday (its our first full day, always start with MK) and we have an AWESOME time and don't feel stressed or that we missed anything.

Thing is, even on a low crowd day, it is going to be much more crowded than my usual everyday life so I just roll with it

Having said all that stuff that doesn't help you one little bit I read regularly that easywdw is normally accurate.

BUT .... how do they really know, are they psychic

Ditto... Except out MK day is a Sunday, not Saturday.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #3499
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Yay!! One more thing to cross off the list.
But what am I going to do when I've crossed off the WHOLE list and still have 2 months to wait before our trip???
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #3500
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Question--Have you done PM EMH for DHS? I am definitely doing MK and Epcot. DHS just doesn't seem to have enough attractions and/or space to spread out the crowds. I had us going there that night, but then switched it. I think someone might have talked about this earlier in the week but I was too wrapped up in my resort drama to remember what was said.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #3501
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
How in the world have I not been here in 2 days and now I have almost 25 pages to read ! AAAH!
Imagine how many pages you'll miss in 2 days when we get to Part 3...? The closer we get to Dec, the more questions, answers and updates. Never mind the posts that will occur when some of us start going down there.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #3502
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
But what am I going to do when I've crossed off the WHOLE list and still have 2 months to wait before our trip???
souvenir list
packing list
which outfits for which days list
must have snack list
buy more clothes on Disney Store online
get window decorations
buy new shoes and walk to break-in new shoes
buy cute little travel toiletries
get a manicure with little Mickey heads

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #3503
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
We are driving from near Philadelphia PA, from what I figure it will take us around 17 hours driving with field and food stops (and a stop at the border for OJ, making DH cringe). We are leaving Sunday afternoon around dinner time and should get to POP around 10am on Monday
We drove down last year and I made sure I was driving when we crossed the border so we could stop for the OJ.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #3504
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909

Hehe

Me too. I think we can hit 4 before Thanksgiving.
Yeah because we'll be at 3 by the end of the weekend the rate we are going.

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #3505
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
I really wish I could get either an Akerhaus breakfast ADR or CRT breakfast ADR for my days. I keep checking every day (okay, maybe more than once a day ) but nothing is opening up.
I just got lucky last week and found Askershus for our Epcot day. Still trying for CRT or CP for MK day but if not its ok. But I like stalking the ADRs

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #3506
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

getting closer.....just ordered my PP+.....

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #3507
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Question--Have you done PM EMH for DHS? I am definitely doing MK and Epcot. DHS just doesn't seem to have enough attractions and/or space to spread out the crowds. I had us going there that night, but then switched it. I think someone might have talked about this earlier in the week but I was too wrapped up in my resort drama to remember what was said.
Yes. When we were there last year, we got to DHS at 10am and left at 1am. Its a great park to just take leisurely with lots of great shows and unusual shops (there is even a bookstore where you can sit and chill). We took a 2hr stop at Hollywood Brown Derby to eat .... it was a fantastic day and it was my hubby's fav.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #3508
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
Huh........for my dates it was only $75 more that POP for a Little Mermaid room.......weird. I don't think I'll EVER understand hotel pricing!
Are the rooms bigger? Maybe that is the reason why it's more than the rest of the values

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #3509
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

While I think this is still true for some low times (like late January), I'm finding that for Oct and early Dec there is increasingly a lot of variation between days in a given week. For example during my week, I have the option of MK at 1.5 0r 8. That's a huge swing.

Of course, it's all up to personal preference and how much the crowds affect your enjoyment. For me, I'm more affected by crowds, especially for things like Wishes. We've been on a 1 day and a 6. I would be hesitant to ever do it higher than a 4 again. The 6 day stressed us out too much to really enjoy it.

Mostly the ratings are based on Disney's projections and past numbers for similar days. But you're right that they can't always get it right. The 6 day we went to MK was slated as a 4. Disney ended up extending hours at the last minute. Still, that doesn't happen often. They're usually pretty accurate.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #3510
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
getting closer.....just ordered my PP+.....
I gotta get on that too. It's a little pricey, but I think I'll make it back just in the ride pics alone.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: