Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #3481
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Well you were in good company. I think everyone said AKL, except Levenhopper and he might have had inside information.

Yep it was my first choice, many months ago. Should have just stuck with that first instinct.
Yay for POP!!! It's such a great resort, and their thread is the best for getting info fast. Not to mention getting that easy walk to AoA. I'm looking forward to that myself this trip.

Lakeview 50s is wonderful. That's where I stayed in February and where I requested again this trip. IRS quiet, nice view and you don't have to pay extra for it. Plus you can see Illuminations from the 4th floor

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #3482
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Does UT give any explanations for their numbers? I like easywdw because he tells you why he rated the parks that way. And then you can make your own choice, like an EMH park is always going to be not recommended, but if you want to do EMH, then you go into it knowing it will be more crowded than the other parks. I would say if TP and Easywdw agree, I would trust that.
I agree with this. They usually agree and I've found them to be quite accurate. I noticed the same difference between them and UT for my dates.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #3483
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers
Ok, December peeps, I am experiencing some trip planning angst this morning. I had compared the crowd calendars from touring plans and Easy WDW - and they were very similar - to determine which park to visit which day. Then, today, I looked at Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar and it is drastically different from the other two calendars and pretty much contradicts my park picks. Do any of you use the crowd calendars and which one do you find to be most accurate? I should add that last year we used touring plan and it seemed pretty accurate.
I didn't know UT had crowd calendars. Is that new? What dates are at issue?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #3484
summerw
Mouseketeer

So hard to keep up with this thread. It requires a serious commitment.

Thanks for the input on hs emh. I think I'm going to leave it in the air for now. We can either do epcot then hs or hs then epcot depending on how we are feeling.

Yay for picking Pop. Maybe we'll see you since we'll be at AoA. I've never taken a vacation where I might know strangers staying at the same hotel before. :-)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #3485
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Cast Members are saying that they expect New Fantasyland to be open everyday after today barring any issues.

http://twitter.com/TouringPlans/stat...73082641989633
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #3486
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Okay, I give up!!! I've been trying to catch up the last few days after I fell behind from not logging on for about 5 days, but it's a losing battle! This thread moves so fast that I keep falling a few pages behind everyday.

48 days left for us!! 7 weeks from now, we'll be at Animal Kingdom!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #3487
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

A Be Our Guest Cast Member told us that in the Counter Service area there will be Suits of Armor that interact with guests while they wait.

http://twitter.com/TouringPlans/stat...77441073311745
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #3488
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
So hard to keep up with this thread. It requires a serious commitment.

Yay for picking Pop. Maybe we'll see you since we'll be at AoA. I've never taken a vacation where I might know strangers staying at the same hotel before. :-)
It really does!!

Thanks. It is kind of odd to think about, isn't it?

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #3489
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Yay for POP!!! It's such a great resort, and their thread is the best for getting info fast. Not to mention getting that easy walk to AoA. I'm looking forward to that myself this trip.

Lakeview 50s is wonderful. That's where I stayed in February and where I requested again this trip. IRS quiet, nice view and you don't have to pay extra for it. Plus you can see Illuminations from the 4th floor
Good to hear!! When we booked the first time, I requested building 9 because we were kids in the 80's, but I decided we can walk over and take a picture of that building.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #3490
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc

First of all, ahhhhhh!!! December will be here before we know it! Second, I dl an app for my Android that has an itinerary and I'm organizing my trip through that so I don't have to carry around my huge binder. Thought maybe it would be more convenient if ur interested.
I'm interested in this app.

We are driving from New Orleans, it is a 10-12 hour drive. Debating if we are going to leave Friday and stop in Tallahassee on the way down and finish our drive on Saturday or just do it all Saturday. We will be staying off site Saturday and Sunday night, then moving over to the Ft. wilderness cabins on Monday for our stay in the world.

Homeschooling mom of 2 (10 & 4) | Blogger | Photographer

Links removed by Admin

76-82 - Too many times to count !
1997 - Christmas Trip for 25th Ann. - Dixie Landing Resort (now POR)
2004 - DS First Trip to WDW - Stayed Offsite
2005 - 2006 - PAP living in the Orlando Area - too many times to count
Febuary 17 - March 3, 2007 - POP

Next Trip - first trip - December 10-16 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #3491
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

Then we can all take turns staying with you.
Lol of course, now I just have to win.

Our weather in New Orleans is a lot like Florida except there is no beach, no Disney, no Sea World. Why did we move back here again? Ahh yes money and jobs is what FL was lacking for us sadly I miss being able to go to Disney whenever.

Homeschooling mom of 2 (10 & 4) | Blogger | Photographer

Links removed by Admin

76-82 - Too many times to count !
1997 - Christmas Trip for 25th Ann. - Dixie Landing Resort (now POR)
2004 - DS First Trip to WDW - Stayed Offsite
2005 - 2006 - PAP living in the Orlando Area - too many times to count
Febuary 17 - March 3, 2007 - POP

Next Trip - first trip - December 10-16 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #3492
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Ok, got a rental car booked! I scrounged around the December coupon code thread on the Transportation forum and found a couple deals for Budget I could stack and ended up with a full size for what I thought I'd be paying for a compact. VERY happy about that

AND I have to say it is a load off to know I won't have to worry and obsess over if we're going to have enough time to catch Disney transportation to get to all our ADRs and DTD.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #3493
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Ugh

I so did not want to look anymore at FLE photos so as to have a surprise. I couldn't resist today. I will NOT watch any future ride thru videos of LM. (EDIT: Laughing as a video just popped up on WDWMagic.) I need some surprises!

Just wish we could be there today to see it all---but at least we will all be there soon enough.

For those of you doing MK with toddlers----

How are you planning to tour FL/FLE, assuming you are there for rope drop? I am just trying to figure out what will be the priority. Pan/Pooh then off to LM and Belle? Then SBL? hmmm and hmmm

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #3494
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
Ok, got a rental car booked! I scrounged around the December coupon code thread on the Transportation forum and found a couple deals for Budget I could stack and ended up with a full size for what I thought I'd be paying for a compact. VERY happy about that

AND I have to say it is a load off to know I won't have to worry and obsess over if we're going to have enough time to catch Disney transportation to get to all our ADRs and DTD.
Yay!! One more thing to cross off the list.

Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #3495
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

How in the world have I not been here in 2 days and now I have almost 25 pages to read ! AAAH!

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: