Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #3421
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Nope you just cancelled the Travel Lodge. You are now staying at either one of these motels in Orlando. (These are my pics)

or

HAHAHAHAHA.... Personally the Sands sounds like a fabulous pick!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #3422
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
Good morning!!!! Happy Friday!!!

Let's play a game. Who can guess which resort Valerie is booked at now?? I will narrow it down for you. It is one of the ones we have discussed this week---POP, CSR, WL or AKL. DH and I are in agreement with our choice and are both happy. So did we decide to stay at CSR? Switch back to POP? Upgrade to WL for location? Upgrade to AKL for the animals? I really should have done a PTR.
Psh. You're coming back to POP, because you want to have a mini-DIS meet, and staying at POP makes it so much easier to come visit me at AoA!
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #3423
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

Nope you just cancelled the Travel Lodge. You are now staying at either one of these motels in Orlando. (These are my pics)

or
LOL! :rofl

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #3424
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are staying at the Travelodge in Winter Park.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #3425
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
And its pink
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #3426
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DH and I have a fascination with taking pics of old motels and signage in general. He actually took the pic of the Sands while I stayed in the car. A lady walked out of a room and came over to him to ask him if he was interested in.... (well you can guess). He came scurrying back to the car pretty quickly after that.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #3427
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

Let's play a game. Who can guess which resort Valerie is booked at now?? I will narrow it down for you. It is one of the ones we have discussed this week---POP, CSR, WL or AKL. DH and I are in agreement with our choice and are both happy. So did we decide to stay at CSR? Switch back to POP? Upgrade to WL for location? Upgrade to AKL for the animals? I really should have done a PTR.
Alex, I've always wanted to say this: Let's make it a true Daily Double: Tada -

What is CSR?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #3428
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
I have heard the crowds are a bit higher at parks with EMH but still nothing comparted to summertime hours. Maybe a 6 out of 10
We did EMH nights back in October 2006. It was the last week and it wasn't too bad. I've done summer 3 times when I was younger and would not do that again. Way too crowded, long wait times and too hot for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
We totally go for comfort when it comes to going to the parks - stuff that won't chafe/isn't too tight. We do t-shirts and pull-overs/zip up light jackets. And comfy pants (I wear well broken-in jeans). Shorts of course if we're going to ride a bunch of water rides. Lots of ladies wear stretchy pants or even sweats. Be comfy, be happy
Oh Tag Fairy

mnmrmustard, you're going the same days we are. Do you know what parks your doing on what days yet?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #3429
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Alex, I've always wanted to say this: Let's make it a true Daily Double: Tada -

What is CSR?
Coronado Springs Resort

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)

Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #3430
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

After the back and forth between the resorts (man, I feel like I'm watching a tennis match ), I'm guessing it's either AKL or WL.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #3431
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
If it's cool enough for long pants, do you all wear blue jeans? I'm trying to think how to ask this delicately......and there just isn't a way to do this. Does anyone wear stretchy pants? So we'll be on the DxDDP and I'm sure to pop a button on my Levis! I mean I come home from work, take off my shoes (and anything else constricting me) and I throw on some black, pocketed fleece pants and a tshirt. I'm trying to figure out a way to add some nice-looking, comfortable pants that will be "giving". What do you wear?
I say you should wear whatever makes you more comfortable. I doubt anyone else will care...and if they do, who cares? You'll probably never, ever see them again.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #3432
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
My DH and I have a fascination with taking pics of old motels and signage in general. He actually took the pic of the Sands while I stayed in the car. A lady walked out of a room and came over to him to ask him if he was interested in.... (well you can guess). He came scurrying back to the car pretty quickly after that.
How red was his face when he came back to the car?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #3433
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Too funny. On our honeymoon (will be 50 years next Feb) we drove from Buffalo to Miami without hotel reservations - kept driving around trying to find a motel. There were none available except a rather seedy looking one but they would only rent for 1-2 hours.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #3434
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sounds like a wonderful place for rest and relaxation.... I would hate to know what promos they offer there... I would just stick the room only discount (I bet they are not used to charging the daily rate as it is!)

So I kinda needed a pick me up today. You guys are doing an awesome job! Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #3435
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sounds like a wonderful place for rest and relaxation.... I would hate to know what promos they offer there... I would just stick the room only discount (I bet they are not used to charging the daily rate as it is!)

So I kinda needed a pick me up today. You guys are doing an awesome job! Thanks!
I bet they have CHARACTER meals!! The deluxe rooms might features vibrating beds! woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Too funny. On our honeymoon (will be 50 years next Feb) we drove from Buffalo to Miami without hotel reservations - kept driving around trying to find a motel. There were none available except a rather seedy looking one but they would only rent for 1-2 hours.
Hahah. Classic. 50 years? WOW Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
How red was his face when he came back to the car?
Very red. I saw as she was approaching him. HE was so busy taking a pic, he didn't even notice till she was right in his face. I was chuckling pretty hard cuz I knew what was coming.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: