Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #3391
summerw
Mouseketeer

Random question... Has anyone been to one of the hs pm emh in early December? We're not getting hoppers but I was thinking of changing our only hs day to Sunday because it will help us have more breaks later and we can take my ds3 to the dance party (he's a night owl) but I'm worried it will be crazy the whole day. We live near dlr so tsmm isn't essential to us and if dh rides rnr, it will be single rider, but we are not fans of the crowd madness. What do u all think? Is it still easy to get into shows or do you have to show up pretty early to them on crowded days? Touring plans rates it a 6.5.

And definitely notify the bank. and big lots has some cute Mickey wrapping paper and Mickey and gang halloween window clings
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #3392
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
If it's cool enough for long pants, do you all wear blue jeans? I'm trying to think how to ask this delicately......and there just isn't a way to do this. Does anyone wear stretchy pants? So we'll be on the DxDDP and I'm sure to pop a button on my Levis! I mean I come home from work, take off my shoes (and anything else constricting me) and I throw on some black, pocketed fleece pants and a tshirt. I'm trying to figure out a way to add some nice-looking, comfortable pants that will be "giving". What do you wear?
I say wear whatever you like! There are so many people there that wear so many styles of clothing. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. For cool days and nights I will wear jeans. I wear them almost every day so that's what I feel comfy in. Plus I like having pockets

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #3393
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
Random question... Has anyone been to one of the hs pm emh in early December? We're not getting hoppers but I was thinking of changing our only hs day to Sunday because it will help us have more breaks later and we can take my ds3 to the dance party (he's a night owl) but I'm worried it will be crazy the whole day. We live near dlr so tsmm isn't essential to us and if dh rides rnr, it will be single rider, but we are not fans of the crowd madness. What do u all think? Is it still easy to get into shows or do you have to show up pretty early to them on crowded days? Touring plans rates it a 6.5.

And definitely notify the bank. and big lots has some cute Mickey wrapping paper and Mickey and gang halloween window clings

We're going to be at HS on 12/2. I picked that day b/c of the EMH to give us more time to enjoy it. I'm hoping it's not that crowded (by that I mean the level of the summer-time crowds ), but we shall see.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #3394
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN

I say wear whatever you like! There are so many people there that wear so many styles of clothing. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. For cool days and nights I will wear jeans. I wear them almost every day so that's what I feel comfy in. Plus I like having pockets
I agree, wear what you like. Most people won't even notice what you're wearing. And if you're warm & comfy, they might just be jealous if they do

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #3395
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it's cool enough for long pants, do you all wear blue jeans? I'm trying to think how to ask this delicately......and there just isn't a way to do this. Does anyone wear stretchy pants? So we'll be on the DxDDP and I'm sure to pop a button on my Levis! I mean I come home from work, take off my shoes (and anything else constricting me) and I throw on some black, pocketed fleece pants and a tshirt. I'm trying to figure out a way to add some nice-looking, comfortable pants that will be "giving". What do you wear?
We're also on DxDDP so if I want to ensure that my blood circulates normally I will have to wear stretchy

I'm wearing yoga pants
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #3396
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
We're also on DxDDP so if I want to ensure that my blood circulates normally I will have to wear stretchy

I'm wearing yoga pants
Of course! I mean it's more of a health issue rather than a fashion issue, right?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #3397
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course! I mean it's more of a health issue rather than a fashion issue, right?
Of course! I don't want to be blue from the waist up. People will think I'm a smurf .... then I'll be asked to leave for being in costume.

Talking of smurfs .... if you choke one, what colour do they go

Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #3398
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana

Where I live we have a couple of Food Lions - if you lived in Bradenton maybe you are familiar with Food Lion leaving Florida a while ago? We also have Harris Teeter - quite expensive. Just can't compare to Publix or Wegman's. Maybe I'm just spoiled.
I do like wegmans. I have very few choices in NH so I drive 50 minutes to a food co op (think trader joes/whole foods/wegmans) it's a bit pricey but the three local grocery stores are horrible (one is Walmart and the other two are expensive and as big as rite aid!) I remember only publix and Winn Dixie when I lived... Oh geez it was like 13 years ago?!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #3399
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I LOVE Bradenton. I've been down there twice for weekend trips so far this year. Can't wait to move there.
I liked Sarasota more.... However it could be because my first name is Sarah.........
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #3400
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

I have heard the crowds are a bit higher at parks with EMH but still nothing comparted to summertime hours. Maybe a 6 out of 10

We totally go for comfort when it comes to going to the parks - stuff that won't chafe/isn't too tight. We do t-shirts and pull-overs/zip up light jackets. And comfy pants (I wear well broken-in jeans). Shorts of course if we're going to ride a bunch of water rides. Lots of ladies wear stretchy pants or even sweats. Be comfy, be happy
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #3401
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I liked Sarasota more.... However it could be because my first name is Sarah.........
I like Sarasota too.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #3402
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
I say wear what you like! If you want you could go buy some new clothes... I see a lot of cute outfits involving stretchy pants, leggings and yoga type pants!!

I a working on getting out of my comfort zone of jeans... I'm bringing a summer dress and sweater for a few date nights.....
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #3403
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

My vote on car rental is no. Our preference is to be immersed in all things Disney and part of that means relaxing & no driving. We will just take a taxi where it makes sense (like our 7:45am ADR at Ohana).
I say a taxi will give you some options/less worry and still be cheaper than a car rental (plus less aggravation!).
I agree on the taxi being cheaper. You mentioned three possible areas of concern Even if they all become issues and you take a cab it should still be less.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #3404
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Maybe something will open up We still might take advantage of PM EMH - our MIL will watch the kiddos (who will probably crash around 7) at night. However, I'm betting on being in Resort Lounges enjoying wine and grown up time... Although Epcot is pretty inviting at night, good drinks, food and great atmosphere in the World Showcase!
We avoid all parks with PM EMH. But we are doing Epcot for an adults night out. We'll be at MK during the day though.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #3405
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana

Where I live we have a couple of Food Lions - if you lived in Bradenton maybe you are familiar with Food Lion leaving Florida a while ago? We also have Harris Teeter - quite expensive. Just can't compare to Publix or Wegman's. Maybe I'm just spoiled.
We have Food Lion. they were always kinda crappy but they did this weird split a couple years ago. Some stayed FOod Lion. Some went more upscale to Bloom. It's pretty much still Food Lion. Some renamed to Bottom Dollar. I won't even go into those on a dare. really, who thought that was a good name?

Sounds like we have it good. Our main grocery store chains are Giant and Safeway. On the upscale end we have Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. And we just got Wegmans. And some communities have smaller chains too. But everyone at least has a Giant and a Safeway. Those vary but some are quite nice.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: