Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #3376
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana

I so agree. We lived in Florida for 14 years then became half-backs (moved halfway back to NC) to be closer to DGD and now can't wait for the housing market to improve so we can get back to Fl. Used to love summer in Florida - the restaurants actually welcome you, parking spots are readily available, nice afternoon breeze at the beaches and best of all year round - Publix is there. If you grocery shop in NC you will understand how important that is.
We are looking at NC... What's with grocery stores?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #3377
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I don't even have to worry about keeping the myth alive with my family, as they all live in MD too and wish there was more snow and cold weather!! One aunt and uncle are planning to move to Montana in 2014 after she retires and are looking forward to the snow, and another aunt wants to move to NH for more snow. They think I'm crazy for wanting to live in FL, as they are convinced it never gets below 90 degrees

I am going to be moving to the Bradenton/Sarasota area.
I lived in Bradenton for a bit
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #3378
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Yeah, our original plan was to go see family in DTD, afternoon break and then MK... Then, I read about the parade, changed it to HS and then we decided against seeing family to avoid drama... It's funny at first my plan was very deliberate for many reasons, then ADRs, parade taping and family changed it all!!
So far we didn't have to change our park plans. But I'm happy that we are able to do all of the PM EMH days! The only thing that I missed out doing is getting an ADR for 50's PT. I waited too long to make our ressies and now they are booked for 12/2 . We had to settle with H&V for dinner.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #3379
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

So far we didn't have to change our park plans. But I'm happy that we are able to do all of the PM EMH days! The only thing that I missed out doing is getting an ADR for 50's PT. I waited too long to make our ressies and now they are booked for 12/2 . We had to settle with H&V for dinner.
Maybe something will open up We still might take advantage of PM EMH - our MIL will watch the kiddos (who will probably crash around 7) at night. However, I'm betting on being in Resort Lounges enjoying wine and grown up time... Although Epcot is pretty inviting at night, good drinks, food and great atmosphere in the World Showcase!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #3380
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Maybe something will open up We still might take advantage of PM EMH - our MIL will watch the kiddos (who will probably crash around 7) at night. However, I'm betting on being in Resort Lounges enjoying wine and grown up time... Although Epcot is pretty inviting at night, good drinks, food and great atmosphere in the World Showcase!
I've been looking online and so far nothing has opened up for 50's yet. It's still booked. I doubt that I will be able to get that for us.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #3381
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
Absolutely! I am sure I will be easy to find... I will be the one yelling JAXON!! Lol, it seems to have become a trend the last few weeks, ugh. I am hoping it ends soon.

Courtyard for us too!!!
HAHA too funny! I am sure you won't be the only parent yelling their child's name. Maybe when you guys are in for the nightwe can meet at the WL lounge for a drink

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #3382
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I am so confused! A few of you have talked about getting the trip paid off and that it has to be paid off by a certain date. When I made my resort change the other day the CM said my balance was due by Dec. 1 (the day I check in). Am I missing something?

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011

Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #3383
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I am so confused! A few of you have talked about getting the trip paid off and that it has to be paid off by a certain date. When I made my resort change the other day the CM said my balance was due by Dec. 1 (the day I check in). Am I missing something?
You must have a resort only booked. If you book a package through WDW, the balance of the trip is due 45 days prior to check in. MYW tickets, resort, and in our case, free dining is included in our package.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #3384
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Packages have to be paid 45 days before check-in. Room only have different rules.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #3385
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
You must have a resort only booked. If you book a package through WDW, the balance of the trip is due 45 days prior to check in. MYW tickets, resort, and in our case, free dining is included in our package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Packages have to be paid 45 days before check-in. Room only have different rules.
Thanks so much! I was a little worried.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #3386
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I read this and I'm like NOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Then I close my eyes and say 'Please be a resort room only booking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
THen I'm like "DisneyDreamerMN where are you??"

Quote:
Thanks so much! I was a little worried.
Phew! Now I'm all
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #3387
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Phew! Now I'm all

Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #3388
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are looking at NC... What's with grocery stores?
Where I live we have a couple of Food Lions - if you lived in Bradenton maybe you are familiar with Food Lion leaving Florida a while ago? We also have Harris Teeter - quite expensive. Just can't compare to Publix or Wegman's. Maybe I'm just spoiled.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #3389
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I lived in Bradenton for a bit
I LOVE Bradenton. I've been down there twice for weekend trips so far this year. Can't wait to move there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Phew! Now I'm all
Am I the only one that thought of Crush from Finding Nemo when reading this?

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #3390
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Theme Park Attire

If it's cool enough for long pants, do you all wear blue jeans? I'm trying to think how to ask this delicately......and there just isn't a way to do this. Does anyone wear stretchy pants? So we'll be on the DxDDP and I'm sure to pop a button on my Levis! I mean I come home from work, take off my shoes (and anything else constricting me) and I throw on some black, pocketed fleece pants and a tshirt. I'm trying to figure out a way to add some nice-looking, comfortable pants that will be "giving". What do you wear?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: