Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #3331
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I'm sure you don't smell like one though ...... do you??

ewwwww - this coming from someone called Wedgie?? LOL...

but, um no, lol - don't smell like one AT ALL!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #3332
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
ewwwww - this coming from someone called Wedgie?? LOL...

but, um no, lol - don't smell like one AT ALL!
that made me laugh out loud!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #3333
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly, I'm being unconditionally supportive! Consider me your athletic supporter... like a jock strap! LOL...

Ok, fine... good choice.

See, I'm just living vicariously through you since I can't touch my hotel... Manfriend booked it, paid for it, no refunds, so there you have it... done

BUUUUTTTTT

Did you see the cute new shirts at.... lol, just kidding....

gina
LOL. Since I didnt change I have money for more shirts!!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #3334
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
I really wish I could get either an Akerhaus breakfast ADR or CRT breakfast ADR for my days. I keep checking every day (okay, maybe more than once a day ) but nothing is opening up.
last year I landed a reservation the morning of our flight! I checked serval times a day for 3 Months!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #3335
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I still don't know how to pay Do I send a check? Or should I phone and pay with my debit card (although I don't know if the bank would let that through, I've never done that amount in one go but I've been with them for a while). OR do I buy a GC through MyPoints so I get 12,000 points?

OR will they accept bottle caps???

Someone just tell me what to do. Its easier that way. Thanks.
Wow. Really, no credit card? I couldnt function. Go for the debit card. Maybe call the bank first? But would they care if the money is in there to cover it? And you are at home, so it's not a weird charge from out of state or anything.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #3336
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

LOL. Since I didnt change I have money for more shirts!!!!
Nice!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #3337
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc

last year I landed a reservation the morning of our flight! I checked serval times a day for 3 Months!
Check at 45 days out. Plenty of people cancel.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #3338
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Check at 45 days out. Plenty of people cancel.
If people fail to pay....and Disney cancels their Resort Res -- do they cancel their ADRs as well?

If people choose to cancel on their own, but don't go in an cancel their ADRs....does Disney do that for them?

Just a thought I had. I know some people book without their resort reservation so those would be hard to track.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #3339
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Wow. Really, no credit card? I couldnt function. Go for the debit card. Maybe call the bank first? But would they care if the money is in there to cover it? And you are at home, so it's not a weird charge from out of state or anything.
Nope. A few years ago we lost our business (rough! but all good now) so the first thing was get rid of the credit cards. Then, after tons of research (which I won't bore you with ) I decided that it would be better to learn to live without them which is what we did and, tbh, I love not having them. I don't have the dreaded credit card bill (I am a spender ) . We deal with our money differently now and, although it took a while, it works better.

Yep, I might call the bank first. I'm just thinking that, even though it will be an in-state payment and there is more than enough to cover it, its unusual for me to suddenly drop 6k, so would they class it as 'unusual activity'?. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. I can do that.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #3340
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
If people fail to pay....and Disney cancels their Resort Res -- do they cancel their ADRs as well?

If people choose to cancel on their own, but don't go in an cancel their ADRs....does Disney do that for them?

Just a thought I had. I know some people book without their resort reservation so those would be hard to track.

I'm pretty sure ADR's aren't linked to resort reservations - they can definitely be done at the same time through a CM but they're not linked. They're completely seperate. Plus not all ADR's are linked to credit cards either - only certain ones require a credit card to reserve. My work colleague had a resort reservation and ADR's and when she canceled her hotel portion (moved off-site) nothing else except the hotel were canceled.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #3341
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty sure ADR's aren't linked to resort reservations - they can definitely be done at the same time through a CM but they're not linked. They're completely seperate. Plus not all ADR's are linked to credit cards either - only certain ones require a credit card to reserve. My work colleague had a resort reservation and ADR's and when she canceled her hotel portion (moved off-site) nothing else except the hotel were canceled.
I see. So basically, people hoping for ADRs to open up at the 45 day mark are also hoping that people who cancel their trip are nice enough to cancel their ADRs as well.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #3342
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

I still don't know how to pay Do I send a check? Or should I phone and pay with my debit card (although I don't know if the bank would let that through, I've never done that amount in one go but I've been with them for a while). OR do I buy a GC through MyPoints so I get 12,000 points?

OR will they accept bottle caps???

Someone just tell me what to do. Its easier that way. Thanks.
I say pay however you can get the most out of it. I've been buying the Target WDW cards $500 at a time so it's costing me $450 out of pocket. Tomorrow will be my last $500 portion!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #3343
molitva
Mouseketeer

Wedgiesock: re your post to make "luggage" to collect items from around world showcase. You mentioned you'd put vintage stickers on the luggage (super cute idea, btw). I recalled seeing vintage stickers somewhere but I couldn't recall where or what brand. Finally stumbled upon them doing some other shopping! They are by Cavallini & Co.

http://search.paper-source.com/index...llini+stickers

It might be cheaper printing some from home, but depending on how much you print and the amount of ink you use, it might be comparable. I just think they are adorable lol
Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #3344
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nope. A few years ago we lost our business (rough! but all good now) so the first thing was get rid of the credit cards. Then, after tons of research (which I won't bore you with ) I decided that it would be better to learn to live without them which is what we did and, tbh, I love not having them. I don't have the dreaded credit card bill (I am a spender ) . We deal with our money differently now and, although it took a while, it works better.

Yep, I might call the bank first. I'm just thinking that, even though it will be an in-state payment and there is more than enough to cover it, its unusual for me to suddenly drop 6k, so would they class it as 'unusual activity'?. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. I can do that.
Many, many moons ago I used to be a bank teller. Call the bank and tell them the amount of the bill and who it's going to and they should flag the account to let it through. It's the same principle as calling your credit card company to let them know when you'll be traveling out of the country so they don't freeze your account by accident. Although, anymore it seems the amount per day you can put through on a debit card before the bank will freeze spending on it is astronomical. Last time I asked on my account it was well over $9,000 a day and I NEVER keep THAT much in my checking account!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #3345
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

No, Disney doesn't cancel them. But now that they charge if you don't show up, people tend to cancel once they realize their trip isn't happening.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: