Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #3316
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Just doing my part to get us to Part 3. I have been on hold for 20 minutes. Should I take that as a sign??? I dont even know what I am going to say when they do answer.
Hehe

Me too. I think we can hit 4 before Thanksgiving.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #3317
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

cybrkitn--

The Tag Fairy sure loves you!! Wow. That's a lot of tags. Does she even tag anymore? She has never visited me. Too bad she isn't on this thread because there is a lot of comic gold over here.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #3318
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Hehe

Me too. I think we can hit 4 before Thanksgiving.
I'm actually afraid there will be a Thread Part (insert #) change while I am at Disney in Dec. Would hate to leave you all stranded!! Guess I will need to bring the Kindle with me though I won't be able to copy and paste everything over until I get back.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #3319
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I'm actually afraid there will be a Thread Part (insert #) change while I am at Disney in Dec. Would hate to leave you all stranded!! Guess I will need to bring the Kindle with me though I won't be able to copy and paste everything over until I get back.
I hadnt thought about that!!!!! We will have to make sure we start Part 4 right before you leave so we have plenty of pages to talk and a place for everyone to tell us how wonderful their trips are.

Ok big girl decision. I deleted the WL thread. I am staying at CSR (even though that thread is less fun). It is just too much money to switch. I could do it, but I would be stressed about the $$ and less able to enjoy the trip. The trip is paid for, room requests are in, MVMCP tickets bought, dessert party booked, ADRs made and changed. Ooo need to go cancel the ones I made while I thought I was switching to WL. And I might have booked a Boma breakfast in case we did AKL.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #3320
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After you get Part 3 started, if we hit 125-150 pgs by Turkey Day, create Part 4, pre-emtively. So, if we hit 250 on Pt 3, we'll know enough to start posting to Pt 4.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #3321
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I really wish I could get either an Akerhaus breakfast ADR or CRT breakfast ADR for my days. I keep checking every day (okay, maybe more than once a day ) but nothing is opening up.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #3322
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
cybrkitn--

The Tag Fairy sure loves you!! Wow. That's a lot of tags. Does she even tag anymore? She has never visited me. Too bad she isn't on this thread because there is a lot of comic gold over here.
Hehe. Funny thing about those tags. They are all from three (eta: correction 4) different threads on the Community board and all posted the same day back in 2006. I was very happy when I found out I was finally tagged by the Tag Fairy . He or She is still out there tagging, but I haven't seen it as much as I had back in 06.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor

Last edited by cybrkitn; 10-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #3323
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
After you get Part 3 started, if we hit 125-150 pgs by Turkey Day, create Part 4, pre-emtively. So, if we hit 250 on Pt 3, we'll know enough to start posting to Pt 4.
By T-day, we will be officially down to 6 days before we leave for Disney

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #3324
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

True on both counts!! I am also obsessed with 31 and Vera, so I have bought a bunch of bags in the last couple months that I really wish I hadn't.
<--- also Vera-obsessed
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #3325
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can't even decide which choice you want to enable!!!!
Exactly, I'm being unconditionally supportive! Consider me your athletic supporter... like a jock strap! LOL...

Quote:

Ok big girl decision. I deleted the WL thread. I am staying at CSR (even though that thread is less fun). It is just too much money to switch. I could do it, but I would be stressed about the $$ and less able to enjoy the trip. The trip is paid for, room requests are in, MVMCP tickets bought, dessert party booked, ADRs made and changed. Ooo need to go cancel the ones I made while I thought I was switching to WL. And I might have booked a Boma breakfast in case we did AKL.
Ok, fine... good choice.

See, I'm just living vicariously through you since I can't touch my hotel... Manfriend booked it, paid for it, no refunds, so there you have it... done

BUUUUTTTTT

Did you see the cute new shirts at.... lol, just kidding....

gina
Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #3326
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

LOL! It was on the list months ago, but I really havent considered it in ages. It's funny, the POP thread and the WL thread are really friendly and informative. The CSR thread has info on the first page, but they arent as chatty a group and sometimes takes a while to answer questions. I just started looking at the AKL thread and it seems like all chatting and no information.
Is it wrong to pick a resort based on the dis thread???
Hahaha....I don't think it's wrong at all. I don't think I've gotten any notices from the POR thread in ages, come to think of it
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #3327
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
Thanks to Valgoof, I am now considering upgrading to the GRAND SUITE at the GF for only a difference of $10k! Should I do it?
Absolutely!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #3328
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

DH and I set up a new checking account last month so that we could save up to pay off our Disney vacation balance. I deposited the last of it yesterday and sent over the debit/credit card info to our TA. They received the info and we thought that everything was well and good. Our vacation was being paid off. No such luck .

Our TA submitted it to Disney and it was declined 3 times! There's more than enough in the account to cover the balance so I called the bank. Come to find out that b/c we only opened the account last month, we have a POS limit of $200 during the first month. It would not be increased until the 15th, which is our 45 day mark ! I explained our situation and the rep talked to her supervisor to see what could be done. THANKFULLY, as a courtesy, he increased our limit so that we could pay off our balance . I told the rep that she just saved our vacation!

I immediately called our TA and explained why it wasn't going through and that I cleared everything up with the bank. She could try it again and this time it should go through. Got a call a few minutes later that it did and we are now OFFICIALLY PAID IN FULL We are now 49 days away from "The Happiest Place on Earth"!
Yeah! We'll be paid in full tomorrow!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #3329
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Exactly, I'm being unconditionally supportive! Consider me your athletic supporter... like a jock strap! LOL...

I'm sure you don't smell like one though ...... do you??

Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #3330
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Yeah! We'll be paid in full tomorrow!!!!
I still don't know how to pay Do I send a check? Or should I phone and pay with my debit card (although I don't know if the bank would let that through, I've never done that amount in one go but I've been with them for a while). OR do I buy a GC through MyPoints so I get 12,000 points?

OR will they accept bottle caps???

Someone just tell me what to do. Its easier that way. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: