Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #3256
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I moved out of MA to escape the winter season (though it's fun to visit!). We do have seasons here. Spring is fall (things turn brown then) and fall is spring (raining season so everything is green). Haha
Our seasons are
-Gorgeous Delightful "This is why I moved here" Months Late Oct-April/early May.
-May-June rainy season
-Hot (but *if* you live near the beach, it ain't so bad, so you kinda love it because all the snowbirds are gone, and people think it is bad when in reality it isn't all that bad. So you have the restaurants and beaches all to yourself. You happily agree with relatives and people out of the area that is "sooooo god awful" this time of year and so you keep the myth alive.) And in reality, it is just as humid in NY/Boston, but just more a/c here.
-Early October -when you wonder when it will eventually cool down a bit, but you realize the season is coming because the sun isn't directly overhead. Then suddenly (come mid or later Oct), you wake up and go outside to walk the dog and there is a cool, dry breeze.
I so agree. We lived in Florida for 14 years then became half-backs (moved halfway back to NC) to be closer to DGD and now can't wait for the housing market to improve so we can get back to Fl. Used to love summer in Florida - the restaurants actually welcome you, parking spots are readily available, nice afternoon breeze at the beaches and best of all year round - Publix is there. If you grocery shop in NC you will understand how important that is.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #3257
sokerfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
Good morning! 9 weeks here

Anyone driving down? How long is your drive and what time of the day do you plan on leaving? Any stops along the way?

googlemaps says we have a 451 mile trip (or 7hrs 41 mins). With a few reststops to fuel up and to grab lunch, we're probably looking at 8.5-9 hours. Of course I want to leave as early as possible in the morning. DBF on the other hand doesn't want to budge below 8 a.m.
50 days!!

We will be leaving after work on Friday and grabbing a bite to eat in Kentucky. We will drive straight through the night just stopping for gas and bathroom stops. (I will probably be sleeping most of the way while my boyfriend drives LOL). It's about a 12 hour drive, so we should get there around 7 am.
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #3258
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
1. Remember us when you win.
2. If you have that much $, you won't be cleaning your home at GA
3. I moved out of MA to escape the winter season (though it's fun to visit!). We do have seasons here. Spring is fall (things turn brown then) and fall is spring (raining season so everything is green). Haha
Our seasons are
-Gorgeous Delightful "This is why I moved here" Months Late Oct-April/early May.
-May-June rainy season
-Hot (but *if* you live near the beach, it ain't so bad, so you kinda love it because all the snowbirds are gone, and people think it is bad when in reality it isn't all that bad. So you have the restaurants and beaches all to yourself. You happily agree with relatives and people out of the area that is "sooooo god awful" this time of year and so you keep the myth alive.) And in reality, it is just as humid in NY/Boston, but just more a/c here.
-Early October -when you wonder when it will eventually cool down a bit, but you realize the season is coming because the sun isn't directly overhead. Then suddenly (come mid or later Oct), you wake up and go outside to walk the dog and there is a cool, dry breeze.
These are all reasons why I'm looking forward to moving to Fl next year!!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #3259
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Yall crack me up.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #3260
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Yall crack me up.
I know! I'm glad I never put my resort choice debate up here, or I'd be broke right now from you guys convincing me to upgrade!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #3261
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I know! I'm glad I never put my resort choice debate up here, or I'd be broke right now from you guys convincing me to upgrade!
I tried to stay away this morning since I know we are all a bunch of enablers, but I just couldnt do it. I need a second job to pay for all the shirts and resort upgrades.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 10-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #3262
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I tried to stay away this morning since I know we are all a bunch of enablers, but I just couldnt do it. I need a second job to pay for all the shirts and resort upgrades.

I need to check out the shirt sale again....

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #3263
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Hahahaha! You're all hilarious!

Nine weeks from today, my partner and I will probably be recovered from arriving late at AoA the night before. We'll probably be grabbing something to eat (maybe at AoA) and then checking out DtD for a bit and then going to MK. I'll also be surprising my partner with tickets for MVMCP for this night.

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #3264
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
I so agree. We lived in Florida for 14 years then became half-backs (moved halfway back to NC) to be closer to DGD and now can't wait for the housing market to improve so we can get back to Fl. Used to love summer in Florida - the restaurants actually welcome you, parking spots are readily available, nice afternoon breeze at the beaches and best of all year round - Publix is there. If you grocery shop in NC you will understand how important that is.
Yes, it truly is "where shopping is a pleasure." It is the best of the chain stores I have experienced in CA, MA, and CT. Trader Joes is also starting to move into the state and will have a southeast FL store soon. That makes me smile, smile, smile. I wish I could open one of their stores just outside WDW. That location will make a killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
These are all reasons why I'm looking forward to moving to Fl next year!!!!
Sweet. You can help keep the myth alive as well. (Though of course I have ruined said myth by putting it in writing). What part of FL?

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #3265
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
OOOHHHHH I TOTALLY heard that!!!!!!

do it, do it, do it... I'm telling you, you WILL NOT regret your decision!
- You will sleep better at night.
- You will look happier and therefore BE happier
- You will not look longingly at the WL when you pass it and wonder "what could've been" (insert Tiffany song here)

just saying

you should do it

you can totally make it work

we'll budget together

(panting)

Oooooooohhhhhhh - You're BAD!!

I love it
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #3266
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Yes, it truly is "where shopping is a pleasure." It is the best of the chain stores I have experienced in CA, MA, and CT. Trader Joes is also starting to move into the state and will have a southeast FL store soon. That makes me smile, smile, smile. I wish I could open one of their stores just outside WDW. That location will make a killing.

Sweet. You can help keep the myth alive as well. (Though of course I have ruined said myth by putting it in writing). What part of FL?
I don't even have to worry about keeping the myth alive with my family, as they all live in MD too and wish there was more snow and cold weather!! One aunt and uncle are planning to move to Montana in 2014 after she retires and are looking forward to the snow, and another aunt wants to move to NH for more snow. They think I'm crazy for wanting to live in FL, as they are convinced it never gets below 90 degrees

I am going to be moving to the Bradenton/Sarasota area.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #3267
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

I know, I know. And who has been reading the WL thread all night?? Ug. I know I will love CSR. I do. I just know I would also love WL. Heck, I am sure I would have loved POP if I had stuck with that one. I looked in my change jar. There is about $50 in there, not quite enough. LOL
Could be worse. You could have wasted several hours last evening trying to see how cheap you could do a quick F&W trip.

Not that I would know anything about that myself.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #3268
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara76

If I in millions I will be the proud owner of a house in Golden Oaks. That's the dream.
Then we can all take turns staying with you.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #3269
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva
Good morning! 9 weeks here

Anyone driving down? How long is your drive and what time of the day do you plan on leaving? Any stops along the way?

googlemaps says we have a 451 mile trip (or 7hrs 41 mins). With a few reststops to fuel up and to grab lunch, we're probably looking at 8.5-9 hours. Of course I want to leave as early as possible in the morning. DBF on the other hand doesn't want to budge below 8 a.m.
I looked this up yesterday just to see if it as feasible for a short trip. Looks like it would be about 15 hours from DC. Even if I didn't think the family would kill each other, we'd be too exhausted to do anything.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #3270
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figaro972
DH and I will also be there again this December! Staying at BWV (my favorite place).
That's where we'll be Dec 3-11.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: