Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #3241
moozle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Good morning! 9 weeks here

Anyone driving down? How long is your drive and what time of the day do you plan on leaving? Any stops along the way?

googlemaps says we have a 451 mile trip (or 7hrs 41 mins). With a few reststops to fuel up and to grab lunch, we're probably looking at 8.5-9 hours. Of course I want to leave as early as possible in the morning. DBF on the other hand doesn't want to budge below 8 a.m.
We'll be driving from Alabama. It's about a 10 or 11 hour drive for us. We leave around 4am and between losing an hour and stops we should get there around 4pm or so. We will check in, relax, and go to Ohana for dinner that night!
Next up: December 2014, CSR
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #3242
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

On a seperate note... bring out the bells, our number changes tomorrow!!

We're 50 days away from our magical trip! And tomorrow it will be 49!!!

OH EM GEE

I CANNOT wait!!!

Last night, I started making lists on my iphone for all the different parks and then different meal options for B, L and D. Then there's the shopping list and the resort visit list... it's amazing how many things I feel I HAVE to do!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #3243
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
UGH! I had two of those then took them back to the Disney Store.....in order to get them big enough for my ahem....top half.....the arms were so long, like to my knees! Now I want those shirts back, monkey arms and all
Yeah, I've got to say the sleeves are a tad long on me and as tall as I am, I can only imagine how long they must be on someone of average height!

As for feeling like you want them back, well, all I have to say is this whole roll call is full of enablers who want nothing more than to see you send MORE money Disney's way
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #3244
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
Yeah, I've got to say the sleeves are a tad long on me and as tall as I am, I can only imagine how long they must be on someone of average height!

As for feeling like you want them back, well, all I have to say is this whole roll call is full of enablers who want nothing more than to see you send MORE money Disney's way

HMMMM??? Did someone say something? need help?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #3245
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

7 weeks from today!!!

For those that were asking about driving, I'm jealous of all of you! The two times I personally drove (and 2 times I rode with my parents as a kid) took over 16 hours. And I drove straight thru, only stopping for gas, bathroom and food (which I ate while driving). I actually love driving, and did a 5000 mile round trip drive from MD to UT last October for a vacation, but I'm glad I'm flying this time as it gives me more WDW time!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #3246
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post

True, you would think we were all plants from Disney trying to drive up the almighty dollar.

Hmm, now wouldn't that be a wise business strategy? At the very least, we should all get discounts from the Mouse!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #3247
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Oh man, I would totally be a reservation-change-enabler if you asked!!! We visited WL to eat at Whispering Canyon and let me tell you I was absolutely jealous of everyone staying there... I'm not even an "outdoorsy" girl like that and I LOVED the look of it! So glad you can't change your reservation - because I would totally be cheering you on!
I might still be trying to make WL work.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #3248
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
If you hadn't bought those shirts/pjs, there would be $125 in that jar.

Still not enough.
True on both counts!! I am also obsessed with 31 and Vera, so I have bought a bunch of bags in the last couple months that I really wish I hadn't.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #3249
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

True on both counts!! I am also obsessed with 31 and Vera, so I have bought a bunch of bags in the last couple months that I really wish I hadn't.
Have you checked out All For Color?? I usually use Vera for my park bag but I just bought one of these bags and they are a great price!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #3250
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Good morning! 9 weeks here

Anyone driving down? How long is your drive and what time of the day do you plan on leaving? Any stops along the way?

googlemaps says we have a 451 mile trip (or 7hrs 41 mins). With a few reststops to fuel up and to grab lunch, we're probably looking at 8.5-9 hours. Of course I want to leave as early as possible in the morning. DBF on the other hand doesn't want to budge below 8 a.m.
We're driving down. We start out just NW of Atlanta and yes we could do the drive in one but 8-9hrs is laborious! So, we are heading out Thursday afternoon at about 3.30pm and driving to just over the Florida border ... I forget where, hold on .... ok, my ressie says Lake City Florida @ Fairfield Inn .... then we set off in the morning to get to Port Orleans Riverside hopefully by mid-day. That way we figured we'd be fresh for our arrival
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #3251
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012
On a seperate note... bring out the bells, our number changes tomorrow!!

We're 50 days away from our magical trip! And tomorrow it will be 49!!!

OH EM GEE

I CANNOT wait!!!

Last night, I started making lists on my iphone for all the different parks and then different meal options for B, L and D. Then there's the shopping list and the resort visit list... it's amazing how many things I feel I HAVE to do!
First of all, ahhhhhh!!! December will be here before we know it! Second, I dl an app for my Android that has an itinerary and I'm organizing my trip through that so I don't have to carry around my huge binder. Thought maybe it would be more convenient if ur interested.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #3252
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
It doesn't matter how small you type it .....
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #3253
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

WL is beautiful, I hope to one day be about to afford staying there.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #3254
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc View Post
WL is beautiful, I hope to one day be about to afford staying there.
Us too! i'm hoping that will be our ten day trip that I dream of. I worked out that if we got a 2-bed villa it would only be a couple of hundred more than booking two POR RGR rooms. If I was doing my math right ....
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #3255
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
OOOHHHHH I TOTALLY heard that!!!!!!

do it, do it, do it... I'm telling you, you WILL NOT regret your decision!
- You will sleep better at night.
- You will look happier and therefore BE happier
- You will not look longingly at the WL when you pass it and wonder "what could've been" (insert Tiffany song here)

just saying

you should do it

you can totally make it work

we'll budget together

(panting)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: