Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3166
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Ha! There is one right now http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=parade+taping

Take special note of Post #3 .... rest of the park fine
Ahhhh, perfection! Thanks so much for taking the time to find this for me. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #3167
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
LOL, that was during my hiatus (days off, LOL) and when I came back and started catching up, I saw your question and sadly, you'd already made your decision before I could comment. It was funny because as I read what you were asking, it's was like a slow motion "noooooo" came out of my mouth...

We actually ended up at CSR because we wanted not to do POP. I loved the value of saving money and really, there aren't bad things said about POP at all (more positives, really) but we have older kids and I knew they wanted a better pool... Ironically, we spent less than 2 hours at the pool the entire time because it was just too hot!
As grrrlennyl would say....Whomp!!

I am so easily swayed!! LOL Have you stayed at POP before? Where are you staying this trip? Did you eat at the breakfast buffet at CSR??

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #3168
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1

I feel for you. The only other trip I've got on the horizon is to the TESOL conference in March. Good networking opportunity, but SOOOOOO not as fun as planning a trip to Disney!

Maybe I can talk Dad into going on another cruise this summer since he loved the one I took him and Mom on in June so much..............umm........is there a support group for people who are addicted to planning vacations?

I think I need that support group too! After this trip I don't (currently) have anything in the works. DS is a senior and heading off to college next year, so I'm hesitant to plan anything until I know where he's going, when they have orientation, back to school dates, etc. I suppose I'll just plan theoretical vacations

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #3169
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ahhhh, perfection! Thanks so much for taking the time to find this for me. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for!
You're welcome I read a few other 'parade taping' threads and they pretty much say the same.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #3170
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
I think I need that support group too! After this trip I don't (currently) have anything in the works. DS is a senior and heading off to college next year, so I'm hesitant to plan anything until I know where he's going, when they have orientation, back to school dates, etc. I suppose I'll just plan theoretical vacations
Theoretical vacation planning is good. Just be careful - our December Disney trip started out as a theoretical planning exercise to find out what it would cost if we went in 2013 and just look where that got me

Totally understand about kids going off to college. My oldest niece is a junior this year and I swear every weekend between now and Thanksgiving is taken up with college visits. She sees neat dorm rooms and cool looking areas to hang out on campus and all her Mom and I see are dollar signs
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #3171
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I was over on the dining board and there are lots of posts about "how do my ADRs look?". I click on a couple and they are for March/April trips and I thought wow that seems soooo far away. LOL

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #3172
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Ha! There is one right now http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=parade+taping

Take special note of Post #3 .... rest of the park fine
Yikes! So glad we are in AK that day!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #3173
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I was over on the dining board and there are lots of posts about "how do my ADRs look?". I click on a couple and they are for March/April trips and I thought wow that seems soooo far away. LOL
I bet if you went to the December 2012 Roll Call pt1 thread, I bet we have a few ADR posts. And just think how far away we thought we were then. Now, I like many other, am vibrating like a solar powered Norelco razor in Arizona.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #3174
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Yikes! So glad we are in AK that day!
We will be in AK too! Well for the morning!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #3175
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The only trip I will be planning is a trip to Gatlinburg with my in-laws in March.
We really enjoyed visiting the Apple Barn when we were in Gatlinburg (actually I think it might have been just outside of Gatlinburg in Seiverville (something like that). They had delish food (apple fritters anyone?) and I love sweet muscadine wine.

Also, a short drive outside of town is Cades Cove. It's really beautiful there and you can just do a drive if you want (the cars can get backed up really badly, though) or you can hike around there.

I'm sad we didn't go back there this fall, but with the Disney trip we decided to wait until next year. Last year we went and stayed at a fabulous cabin and had a great time. We avoided the really tacky touristy stuff (though I was so tempted to go to the Hatfield and McCoy Feudin' Feastin' Family Fun dinner show )
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #3176
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I bet if you went to the December 2012 Roll Call pt1 thread, I bet we have a few ADR posts. And just think how far away we thought we were then. Now, I like many other, am vibrating like a solar powered Norelco razor in Arizona.
Yeah it was funny to see people who are now at the point that we all used to be. We were all so excited to hit 180 days and get to make those ADRS and now we sit at 50-80 days and ou trips are so close!!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #3177
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
We really enjoyed visiting the Apple Barn when we were in Gatlinburg (actually I think it might have been just outside of Gatlinburg in Seiverville (something like that). They had delish food (apple fritters anyone?) and I love sweet muscadine wine.

Also, a short drive outside of town is Cades Cove. It's really beautiful there and you can just do a drive if you want (the cars can get backed up really badly, though) or you can hike around there.

I'm sad we didn't go back there this fall, but with the Disney trip we decided to wait until next year. Last year we went and stayed at a fabulous cabin and had a great time. We avoided the really tacky touristy stuff (though I was so tempted to go to the Hatfield and McCoy Feudin' Feastin' Family Fun dinner show )
It's not Gatlinburg I am opposed to, more the in-laws. We went a couple years ago with my BIL and his wife and kids. This time we are bringing MIL and FIL too.
I will make note of the Apple Barn. Love apple fritters!!
Cades Cove is definitely on the list. We somehow didnt make it there last time.
We did Dixie Stampede last time because my niece was really into horses. I actually think we looked at the Hatfield and McCoy show but it wasn't open yet. LOL

Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #3178
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Is this thing on?

just wondering if I should change my ADR to another day...
We "accidentally" went on parade taping day and left right away. I later learned that if we'd gotten past the throng of people oogling at the Jonas Brothers at the front of the park, it was virtually a dead zone in the back. So.. we're planning on getting in early this time with an early ADR and heading back away from the crowds.

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #3179
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
We will be in AK too! Well for the morning!
We're there all day with ADRs for RFC at 5:30.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #3180
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
As grrrlennyl would say....Whomp!!

I am so easily swayed!! LOL Have you stayed at POP before? Where are you staying this trip? Did you eat at the breakfast buffet at CSR??

Nope, never stayed at POP or any other resort for that matter. When I was there before this last trip we stayed at the Wingate timeshare place. It actually worked out really great for us back then. 8 days for $350...

This time around we're staying at the Hilton at DTD. As much as I'd have loved to stay on site - I'm actually really excited to stay close to DTD or at least walking distance from it. We didn't get but one hour there last time and there are so many places on my list that I want to visit!!

We didn't eat at the breakfast buffet at CSR Pepper Market but we did do the lunch and that was pretty good. The desserts are ah.maze.ing. Lunch was your basic standard stuff: pizza, chicken nuggets, but also there were a few Mexican food choices keeping in the theme of the resort. I don't care for Mexican food but my kids enjoyed it. It's pretty big, food is pretty spread out - and the dining area is huge!

There's a quick service type of place, can't remember the name - but it's where you'll get your mugs and refills. They had a pretty good assortment of morning treats and also some hot items - we had the breakfast croissant and that was great. I love breakfast foods!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: