Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #3151
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
It's done! We are now staying at WL from Dec. 1-8! We decided to for-go the rental car so it's Disney transportaion all the way.

Because we are a chatty bunch and I can't find the page where it was disscussed, can someone tell me what site I can order groceries from if we wanted to buy a few things?
garden grocer and wegoshop I think are the two most common

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #3152
Tented1
Mouseketeer

OMG OMG 70 days!

I just called and added another ticket day.
I know we will be exhausted after driving fourteen hours . . .

and then setting up the tent . . .

BUT

IT's WDW AND ITS CHRISTMAS AND I KNOW WE WILL WANT TO GO!!!!

GO!!! GO!!!! GO!!!!!

(It was only $31.95 to add the day we arrive tickets)

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #3153
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's done! We are now staying at WL from Dec. 1-8! We decided to for-go the rental car so it's Disney transportaion all the way.

Because we are a chatty bunch and I can't find the page where it was disscussed, can someone tell me what site I can order groceries from if we wanted to buy a few things?
We used Garden Grocer last year and were pleased. A little pricey but very convenient!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #3154
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
LOL. I can certainly offer my opinion, but you asked for someone who had actually been there on parade taping day.
Seriously? You're gonna get me on a technicality? Ugh... (that's something I would do too)...

ok, so let me REPHRASE for the masses LOL...

ANYONE and I mean anyone who may have heard, read, seen or otherwise attended parade days that might have some words of wisdom for me, please share your opinion or knowledge of what parade day can be like...
We won't arrive to MK until after 2pm. Will parade taping fill park to capacity? Do I need to cancel my ADR? Can I even use my ADR if it's closed due to crowd level??
Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #3155
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Updating the Roll Call AND your featurette!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #3156
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Seriously? You're gonna get me on a technicality? Ugh... (that's something I would do too)...

ANYONE and I mean anyone who may have heard, read, seen or otherwise attended parade days that might have some words of wisdom for me, please share your opinion or knowledge of what parade day can be like...
We won't arrive to MK until after 2pm. Will parade taping fill park to capacity? Do I need to cancel my ADR? Can I even use my ADR if it's closed due to crowd level??
Haha gotta love Valgoof

I have NOT been on parade taping day. All I can tell you is what I've read. I haven't read anything about capacity closing, only that (obviously) Main St is heaving. They hand-pick the families/people who stand on Main St to watch the parade.

I have also read that a lot of people avoid MK on taping day so, the rest of the park away from Main St is ok.

There was a thread about it ... let me see if I can find it
Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #3157
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:

I can answer this part, and it's no. If you are not in the park before capacity is reached, you will not be let in just because you have an ADR, and if you gave a credit card guarantee you will still be charged if you don't show up.

However, I very much doubt they will be at capacity.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #3158
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for sharing!! I actually requested Casitas 3 to be near the bus stop, which I know kinda defeats the whole purpose of being in preferred. If I could guarantee Casitas 4 somehow, I would do that. I think I will call and drop it and just request Casitas and take my chances.
I liked CSR but not loved it. To be honest, the Casitas part of the resort is less Disney-like than the rest of the property. It's more large hotel and the lesser themed-looking than the rest of the sections. But like I said, it's there mostly for the conference travelers. I think if we end up there again it would be Cabanas 8A/B or 9A/B for us.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #3159
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
You didn't join?!?!?!

DO IT!! I want to get to know you
Quote:
Do it!! Do it!!
Ok ok I'll do it!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #3160
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The only trip I will be planning is a trip to Gatlinburg with my in-laws in March.
I feel for you. The only other trip I've got on the horizon is to the TESOL conference in March. Good networking opportunity, but SOOOOOO not as fun as planning a trip to Disney!

Maybe I can talk Dad into going on another cruise this summer since he loved the one I took him and Mom on in June so much..............umm........is there a support group for people who are addicted to planning vacations?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #3161
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I liked CSR but not loved it. To be honest, the Casitas part of the resort is less Disney-like than the rest of the property. It's more large hotel and the lesser themed-looking than the rest of the sections. But like I said, it's there mostly for the conference travelers. I think if we end up there again it would be Cabanas 8A/B or 9A/B for us.

Where were you when I was debating resorts a couple weeks ago? LOL I have realized that Casitas look a lot like the condo we stayed in offsite last year and others that we stayed at while I was growing up. I think that is why I am drawn to them. Cabanas look nice, but I doubt we use the pool much if at all, so closeness to it doesnt help me. I decided I didn't want POP, so we could have a little respite from everything Disney. My budget decided I couldnt have deluxe. Maybe I will completely throw caution to the wind and not make any requests.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #3162
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ha! There is one right now http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=parade+taping

Take special note of Post #3 .... rest of the park fine
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #3163
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Updating the Roll Call AND your featurette!!
Thank you!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #3164
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Where were you when I was debating resorts a couple weeks ago? LOL I have realized that Casitas look a lot like the condo we stayed in offsite last year and others that we stayed at while I was growing up. I think that is why I am drawn to them. Cabanas look nice, but I doubt we use the pool much if at all, so closeness to it doesnt help me. I decided I didn't want POP, so we could have a little respite from everything Disney. My budget decided I couldnt have deluxe. Maybe I will completely throw caution to the wind and not make any requests.
LOL, that was during my hiatus (days off, LOL) and when I came back and started catching up, I saw your question and sadly, you'd already made your decision before I could comment. It was funny because as I read what you were asking, it's was like a slow motion "noooooo" came out of my mouth...

We actually ended up at CSR because we wanted not to do POP. I loved the value of saving money and really, there aren't bad things said about POP at all (more positives, really) but we have older kids and I knew they wanted a better pool... Ironically, we spent less than 2 hours at the pool the entire time because it was just too hot!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #3165
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Just noticed the Disney site now has an advertisement up for FLE Grand Opening. Looks like they are starting to advertise it more.
I'll have to check it out since that is the day we will be at MK!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: