Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #2971
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912

I really want to go but they say everything is the same after the last party. People are telling me that I am paying just for cookies and hot chocolate.
I will be there Dec 20-26 and still deciding... I am debating if I should add one more night or go to MVMCP!
Now I think if it was between one more night in WDW vs a party... Yeah I'd be spending another night at WDW! Don't get me wrong I love the parties but one day longer is a pretty good trade off!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #2972
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday everybody, I am so excited 62 days to go. Also I started to get antsy just staying home with the babies and going to school, part time so I applied for a job at close by but it's at a rehab center which I have never done and it's more of a manager position. Anyways I went today and I got the job!! It's good because I work only on weekends and can pick up more time if I want to, kinda nervous leaving my baby home. He will be with my mother but he is BFed and is very spoiled and normally only wants to be with his mommy . Hope all goes well training starts next weekend.

Back to the world, I am pretty excited about everything being up and running for our visit. I really hope DH loves it. I mean I have already talked Him into APs, since we have planned to take the kids for their first trip in September 2013. I have been trying to change the park order because now we do have more time. Does anyone with an AP find themselves hopping to other parks more? Well if I am not back on hope everyone has a great week.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #2973
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912

I really want to go but they say everything is the same after the last party. People are telling me that I am paying just for cookies and hot chocolate.
I will be there Dec 20-26 and still deciding... I am debating if I should add one more night or go to MVMCP!
we almost have the same dates! What convinced me was knowing how packed it was going to be that week and the great advantage we'd have with the MVMCP as far as less crowds and more time for us to ride attractions and do more.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #2974
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Tomorrow is our 50 Day Mark...

And the day we pay off our WDW vacation !!!

The only thing I'm bummed about is finding out on another thread that TT won't officially open to the public until 12/6 - the day after we do our second day at Epcot ! I was so looking forward to going on it especially with my mom and brother joining us this time. It was also DS10's favorite ride when he was 4. I was really hoping that Disney would open TT by 11/30.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #2975
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
And the day we pay off our WDW vacation !!!

The only thing I'm bummed about is finding out on another thread that TT won't officially open to the public until 12/6 - the day after we do our second day at Epcot ! I was so looking forward to going on it especially with my mom and brother joining us this time. It was also DS10's favorite ride when he was 4. I was really hoping that Disney would open TT by 11/30.
Keep your fingers crossed for a soft opening. Do you have park hoppers?

But yay for 50 days and a paid off trip!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #2976
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Does anyone make a Disney binder/folder or your trip? How do you keep everything organized (party tickets, photopass, reservation #s, driving directions). I want to make a binder so that I can keep everything together and add souvenir type stuff along the way like maps or menus. Would love to hear others ideas
I have a plastic according file that I used for our first trip in 2006. I have everything I need in there including a zippered pencil case that I put small things in (last time it held buttons, wrist bands and MNSSHP tickets). It keeps our flight info, TA confirmation, ADRs, DME, etc all organzied. I'm bringing it with us again and it will stay in our room for when we need it.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #2977
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Keep your fingers crossed for a soft opening. Do you have park hoppers?

But yay for 50 days and a paid off trip!!
No park hoppers. We decided not to do that since my mom and brother haven't been in 19 years. So it's like going for the first time all over again for them. If we were going every few years, then I would've gotten the park hoppers.

The Disney Parks Blog did say it "officially" opens to the public on 12/6. Hopefully they will have a soft opening on the days we are there.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #2978
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Anyone else anxiously waiting for the site to start working again?

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #2979
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN
Not me. I don't tweak ADRs ever.

Just call me Pinocchio

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #2980
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post

The Disney Parks Blog did say it "officially" opens to the public on 12/6. Hopefully they will have a soft opening on the days we are there.
I also was not planning on going to Epcot on the 6th or 7th and we leave on the 8th in the morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for a soft opening. Monday the 3rd would be great

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #2981
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Me...LOL!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #2982
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Payment advice

So, I've been sitting on full payment for months. Its just what I do. I don't pay til I have to.

Advice: I've been hearing about this Target debit card. I'm assuming there are no fees, its just something linked to my bank account. Although is there a spending limit?

Because I'm thinking, should I put the amount (Just under 6k) on Disney gift cards to get a 5% discount and pay my balance that way? Or am I missing something?

TIA
Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #2983
SAT887
DIS Veteran

That's a lot of GCs

You actually might have a hard time buying that many all at once. GC in large dollar amounts are a big red flag for most retailers/banks... Might take a few trips!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #2984
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
That's a lot of GCs

You actually might have a hard time buying that many all at once. GC in large dollar amounts are a big red flag for most retailers/banks... Might take a few trips!

I saw a Disney GC that let you put any amount from $500-$5000. I don't know what to do
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #2985
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Now I think if it was between one more night in WDW vs a party... Yeah I'd be spending another night at WDW! Don't get me wrong I love the parties but one day longer is a pretty good trade off!
Agreed. We're not doing the Party. We love MNSSHP but I don't think this one would be worth it for us. Too much other holiday stuff going on.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: