Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #2851
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciao_gina View Post
I can see you’re planning
But I don’t have a clue
I thought the way to go to Disney World
Was so easy to do

Should I change my ressie?
Add desserts at 9:00
What if someone on the Dis board
Has a better narrator than mine?

Can you feel my stress tonight?
Paying off this retreat
Rentals, buses, groceries, characters
Avoiding young athletes

Planning every moment
Starts to feel so right
Should I fit the only potty break in
Morning, noon or night?

So many things to change here
Just because I can
I have the time so why not get on-line
And now choose Biergarten

Can you feel my stress tonight?
Making lists for days
Shopping, packing, even lists of lists
Can calm my neurotic ways

And should my spreadsheet disappear
Or my husband whine
If you don’t see me on the boards again
I may…. have…. lost….. my mind……………
Great song!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #2852
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We have CP at 805a on Dec 21 (our only MK pre-park opening ADR), but we also have pre-park opening ADRs at HS (H&V 8a - Dec 20), Epcot (Akershus 8a - Dec 25) & AK (Tusker House 8a - Dec 27)

Cant wait for empty park pics (with or without PP photogs!)
The only early ADR we have is Akershus at 8:25. If we are done with breakfast before the 9:30 am WS opening, will they let us stay back in the WS? We will probably NOT be done before then but I was just wondering. I wish I had thought about an early ADR at MK.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #2853
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I was just reworking my plan and I thought I had it all done. Then I realized I dont ever have us in MK for lunch. That means no BOG. Aaaahhh!!! Last year we were not on the dining plan and did all CS. I did not plan where to eat at all. This trip I am obsessing over the ADRs and even which CS. Darn you Free Dining!!
I know....you will have to remedy that! We're still toying the idea of whether or not we should even do the BOG cs. I have a dinner ADR already and there really isn't a perfect time to do the cs. I think we'll just play that one by ear. It was so much easier to NOT have FD. Then we ate exactly what we wanted but could afford. I hate to say it but I know we'll be eating things we aren't even hungry for because we're upgrading to DxDDP. This will probably be the only time we do this so I guess I'll chock it up to being a way to eat at places we'll probably never eat at again.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #2854
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom View Post
Had planned a wonderful December trip with ALL of my children, DIL and grandson! BUT was thrown an ENORMOUS curve when I lost my job last month! ACCKK!! After almost 8 years working for same attorneys, the day I come back from foot surgery, they let me go. Devastating to say the least!

BUT have babysat for friends and family throughout the years and have now registered with a local sitting site that is allowing me to make enough to not only make ends meet but keep the vacation on track (luckily it was already 80% paid!). And unemployment is a God send! (Am applying everywhere but everyone says that no one is hiring until after the election!!)

So now I'm allowing myself to get excited again! Will be me, DS#1 (29), DIL (24), DS#2 (also 29), DD (27) DD's boyfriend (31), my precious grandson (3) and me!! Woo Hoo!!! Back to planning our days, our ressies - can't WAIT!!
That is GREAT news! I will think happy thoughts for you and your employment prospects. I'm sure this trip will be the most wonderful trip ever!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #2855
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
What do you study?
I'm a cultural anthropologist - studying other cultures mostly. Taught for a year but research is my first love. I would really love an Ivory Tower right in the middle of Disney World. I could study people from different parts of the world but I think my most interesting research would be finding out why Dissers are such fun, nice people. I wonder if the government would like to fund that?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #2856
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

The only early ADR we have is Akershus at 8:25. If we are done with breakfast before the 9:30 am WS opening, will they let us stay back in the WS? We will probably NOT be done before then but I was just wondering. I wish I had thought about an early ADR at MK.
Doesn't WS normally open at 11, or is that an EMH day?

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #2857
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana

I'm a cultural anthropologist - studying other cultures mostly. Taught for a year but research is my first love. I would really love an Ivory Tower right in the middle of Disney World. I could study people from different parts of the world but I think my most interesting research would be finding out why Dissers are such fun, nice people. I wonder if the government would like to fund that?
That sounds great. I love watching and meeting new and different people. If you could get your ivory tower can I help?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #2858
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Good news - my FIL was cleared to travel. They're on their way to their house in FL. That's one hurdle out of the way.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #2859
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Doesn't WS normally open at 11, or is that an EMH day?
Correct. WS always opens at 11 no matter what time the park opens. I don't think they will let them hang out too long in WS after their meal.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #2860
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez
Good news - my FIL was cleared to travel. They're on their way to their house in FL. That's one hurdle out of the way.
Great news :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #2861
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Candlelight Processional changes

Dunno if this effects any of the subbers on this thread, but Olivia Newton John is no longer scheduled as a narrator of the CP this year - just tweeted by stitchkingdom. just FYI

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #2862
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Dunno if this effects any of the subbers on this thread, but Olivia Newton John is no longer scheduled as a narrator of the CP this year - just tweeted by stitchkingdom. just FYI
I just saw this! I wonder who will replace her!!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #2863
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! That is great news!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #2864
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I think it's men in general.
Hey now! I take offense to that! Lol, jk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
I keep tweaking mine too.... I need some thing better for my MK day than Tonys. My youngest is so durn picky! Lol
If anyone gets bored tweaking their plans, I'm always open to hearing if people think of any tweaks for my plans!

Quote:
Congrats!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #2865
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
I'm an amateur cultural anthropologist myself. By that, I mean that I have been a bouncer at a Boston bar for 18 yrs . I have seen people at their best and worst. And I agree... People watching in WDW must be similar to being Jane Goodall.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: