Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #2701
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
What a rubbish game last night.

Braves played terrible but that Umpire was wrong to call an infield fly. I have never seen a situation like that at the Braves ever, you never see bad behaviour but the fans were frustrated. I was not a happy bunny last night.
I thought about you when I read the sports this AM - seems like a really bad call on the infield fly rule. Sometimes fans get carried away - not an excuse but it does happen.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #2702
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
I thought about you when I read the sports this AM - seems like a really bad call on the infield fly rule. Sometimes fans get carried away - not an excuse but it does happen.
Its not - it was really sad for us because we have never seen that before. The worst I have seen is a guy get thrown out because he cussed loudly. So of course, I'm on the MLB site last night reading the comments and we're getting called rednecks (which is funny to me cuz I'm British) - honey boo boo has a lot to answer for
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #2703
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Go Mizzou Tigers! Go Buckeyes!

I do have a question, though. It's a dining question. I've said before I'm not happy unless I'm changing at least ONE ADR a day

If you had to choose between Tutto Italia and Coral Reef, which one would you choose? I booked Tutto for our Candlelight Processional package but I'm not convinced it's the best place as I don't see many dining reviews of it. Of course, now that I'm trying to find dining reviews to compare the two, I can't find much! Anyone have any advise?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #2704
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post

I do have a question, though. It's a dining question. I've said before I'm not happy unless I'm changing at least ONE ADR a day

If you had to choose between Tutto Italia and Coral Reef, which one would you choose? I booked Tutto for our Candlelight Processional package but I'm not convinced it's the best place as I don't see many dining reviews of it. Of course, now that I'm trying to find dining reviews to compare the two, I can't find much! Anyone have any advise?
Tough call. The problem with dining reviews is everyone has different taste and, in all honesty, I haven't seen absolutely terrible TS food anywhere in WDW. If I had listened to dining reviews, I would have cancelled Liberty Tree Tavern - we loved it! My system for choosing is steer clear of reviews and go purely by setting & menu, go with your fav
Old 10-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #2705
cara76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I looked at Coral Reef and as much as I want to go there is nothing my crew would eat. I would choose Coral Reef.

I am still trying to find an opening at Chef Mickey's the week of the 10-15 before 9 pm. If anyone sees one let me know please.

Also the Candelight Processional, do I need a dinner package??

Homeschooling mom of 2 (10 & 4) | Blogger | Photographer

Links removed by Admin

76-82 - Too many times to count !
1997 - Christmas Trip for 25th Ann. - Dixie Landing Resort (now POR)
2004 - DS First Trip to WDW - Stayed Offsite
2005 - 2006 - PAP living in the Orlando Area - too many times to count
Febuary 17 - March 3, 2007 - POP

Next Trip - first trip - December 10-16 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #2706
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

Ack.....they must be all gone. I sort of want plastic for our tree at WDW anyway....just afraid they'll break during transport. I'll be attempting to recreate these.....wish me luck
Good luck, I didn't realize they would sell so quickly I mean I put then in my cart looked at the website for like forty minutes,then I paid and I got them then I came here to post and someone pm-Ed me to tell me. I will definitely post sales for Christmas Disney things.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #2707
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara76 View Post
I looked at Coral Reef and as much as I want to go there is nothing my crew would eat. I would choose Coral Reef.

I am still trying to find an opening at Chef Mickey's the week of the 10-15 before 9 pm. If anyone sees one let me know please.

Yes! I have read reports of people without the package lining up at 2pm
Old 10-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #2708
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Ok so Safari is being painfully slow and Chrome wont let me quote or click links! So frustrating! Might download Firefox.

Wedgie-was watching last night and thinking of you.

Levenhopper-welcome back and have fun tonight!! Go Bucks!!!!

Hi everyone else! I know there was more I wanted to comment on.

DH and I were talking about the trip today and now we are going to DTD on our arrival day. I like the change, but now I am off to switch some ADRs around and see what I can still get. Yay more changes!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #2709
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I vote Tutto because I am eating there and like Italian.

Ok, I can quote. Just not multi-quote. Good to know.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #2710
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Which pump is your DS on? I was on the Animas one originally, and now I'm on OmniPod. My pump warranty is about to expire, so I'm looking at pumps again in case I find one I want to switch to?
Just chiming in that my husband was on Omnipod for several years. WIth insurance changes, he is now on Medtronic and seems to like it. It doesn't make that loud warning beep every 3 days that you can't turn off. That annoyed my DH to no end.

Quote:

I really enjoyed Tutto a couple years ago. I have read great recent reviews. Reviews for CR are here and there. If doing dinner at Tutto, you are so close to the CPro.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #2711
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would say yes if it is important to you. We lined up at 2:00 last year and barely got in to the 5:00 show, but the narrator was NPH. There is also standing room if you just want to listen/see some of it.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #2712
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Ok so Safari is being painfully slow and Chrome wont let me quote or click links! So frustrating! Might download Firefox.

DH and I were talking about the trip today and now we are going to DTD on our arrival day. I like the change, but now I am off to switch some ADRs around and see what I can still get. Yay more changes!!
I had the same problem with IE - wouldn't load dining reservation page. Finally use Firefox and it worked fine
Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #2713
DisneyMom0709
Mouseketeer

Haven't been on here for a while since I booked be our guest! I'm back down and need to get everything situated for our trip, I know Walmart always brings out cute Disney Christmas clothes for inexpensive prices, I just order a new aurora costume with crown and necklace and just need to get belle holiday dress for my daughter, and my son wants cars holiday shirts and of course my Dh and our kids all need the same sweaters from Disney! Excited to leave and get away from all the is going on at home 🎅🎁

ME DH DS(6) DD(5)DS (Infant)

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #2714
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I vote Tutto because I am eating there and like Italian.
Ok, I can quote. Just not multi-quote. Good to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Just chiming in that my husband was on Omnipod for several years. WIth insurance changes, he is now on Medtronic and seems to like it. It doesn't make that loud warning beep every 3 days that you can't turn off. That annoyed my DH to no end.

I really enjoyed Tutto a couple years ago. I have read great recent reviews. Reviews for CR are here and there. If doing dinner at Tutto, you are so close to the CPro.
Wheeeeeeeee. Switched it to Coral Reef then back again!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2715
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Have a great trip before your trip!!! How are you going to tell him?
I was just going to wait until we pulled up to the ship, since he's very easy going and doesn't usually ask questions when we're getting on a plane, he's just happy to be going somewhere. But my mom told him earlier this week apparently, so I went ahead and scheduled a character call for tonight ...
Quote:
I don't eat fish, (despite the fact that my ethnic background is Japanese and Swedish, and I live in Hawaii) so none of the main menu at Coral Reef appealed to me. However, I went ahead and made a lunch time ADR thinking we'd enjoy some desserts (maybe some appetizers) and chilling by the tank. From what I've read on the DIS Restaurants Board, I've gathered its more about the atmosphere, and since we're OOP I have the flexibility to just order whatever ... I'm thinking if we need more food we can always go get something CS in the International Pavilion, where there's a gazillion items I want to try ...
Quote:
Wow that's really unusual that Chrome is misbehaving for you. I always get the fastest performance with Chrome, then Firefox, which I'm on now since I'm on DH's computer. There's always Opera as well ...
Opera is the browser that ran for me even when my computer had a virus, I was able to download the latest version of MalwareBytes and eradicate it.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: